Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-09, 02:01 PM   #1
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Biosonix

Do any of you ave one and if so whats your opinion on it? Do you think it helped you at all get any more key bites. Thanks
TNRACER93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-09, 03:40 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i defiantley think is might mask the sound of the trollin motor but im not sure if it helps.... i dont have one b/c they are like 1000$..... they might work but i dont know.... the pros seem to like them but if they are sponsored by you they like everything
Old 03-15-09, 02:39 PM   #3
swimbaitkid
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That thing is the biggest ripoff ever, everybody buys one because KVD uses one
swimbaitkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-09, 08:04 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimbaitkid View Post
That thing is the biggest ripoff ever, everybody buys one because KVD uses one
do you own one? or have you fished with someone who does? they are really high priced and i agree that a product of that nature would be hard to determine if it helped you get bites or not............how do you know if a fish would have bitten if you had not had one? but i think if you have never used one then you shouldn't call it a rip off.
Old 03-15-09, 08:27 PM   #5
swimbaitkid

My friend Tom, I used to fish with a lot bought one as soon as they came out, and we got the same amount of bites that we usually did before he bought it, but if you are in shallow water and the fish are spawning, it might help to cover up the trolling motor noise, but i found a cheaper way to not make noise, use a Push-Poll, therefore I still think it is a ripoff
Old 03-15-09, 09:34 PM   #6
bingham

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

Quote:
My friend Tom, I used to fish with a lot bought one as soon as they came out, and we got the same amount of bites that we usually did before he bought it, but if you are in shallow water and the fish are spawning, it might help to cover up the trolling motor noise, but i found a cheaper way to not make noise, use a Push-Poll, therefore I still think it is a ripoff
how are you going to use a push pole if you are trying to fish too?

check out what these guys say about it and check out the price, not $1000 and it seems like the only problem occured with a shipping default

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...L&cmid=PP_P0_2
Old 03-16-09, 04:30 PM   #7
aikenyounggun

yeah i have never fished with one but i think sometimes we make our big buys seem better just so we dont feel bad about spending the money....... i think it mask the trollin motor noise...... but if i ever fish with someone and i think it really actually helps ill post about it, but for right now i think i can buy somethin a little more useful for a $1000
Old 03-16-09, 04:56 PM   #8
swimbaitkid

They dont get in your way at all, so next time know what you are talking about before you say something that you have never tried or dont know anything about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingham View Post
how are you going to use a push pole if you are trying to fish too?

check out what these guys say about it and check out the price, not $1000 and it seems like the only problem occured with a shipping default

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...L&cmid=PP_P0_2
Old 03-16-09, 05:52 PM   #9
bingham

Quote:
They dont get in your way at all, so next time know what you are talking about before you say something that you have never tried or dont know anything about
first of all, i have used a push pole before and they do come kinda handy---in a 14 ft jon boat... but who would have a bass boat nice enough to have a biosonix, and choose a push pole?
and second of all, i wasnt referring to how hard it was to push or how they get in your way, sorry you misread or misunderstood me. i actually asked, how you would fish and use the push pole at the same time? referring back to your friend tom, that is surely not putting a biosonix in his 14 ft jonboat but actually his bass boat, how do you push yourself around with one hand and fish with the other? surely your not pushing tom around and letting him fish, while your trying to prove your point in showing me that a push pole is better.
Old 03-16-09, 06:01 PM   #10
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've seen plenty of buddies that get stuck on sand bars fishing old barges on the ohio river, and they ended up getting out of the boat to push the boat back into deeper water....most of them had sore backs for a long time straining to move that weight....I recall them wishing they had a push pole on the boat, but like nets ,they take up room for the average weekend warrior.

I'm pretty sure most bass are used to hearing boat motors all day on the lake and when your trolling motor bumps into something or just the constant off n on noise sometimes key the bass into knowing a boat is above them.
Sometimes they bite, some times it spooks them from my experience.

Any advantage on the water is worth pursuing... look at what we spend a grand on for the boat, depth finders, tackle, motors..
If you can afford it I say the more quiet you can be, the better off you are....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 06:07 PM   #11
bingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Any advantage on the water is worth pursuing... look at what we spend a grand on for the boat, depth finders, tackle, motors..
If you can afford it I say the more quiet you can be, the better off you are....
Very well said jb...
Old 03-16-09, 06:43 PM   #12
swimbaitkid

First of all, if you are in that shallow of water you are most likely bed fishing, in that case you move until you find the bed and(I put the poll into the ground or lake so I dont move) and you sit there and work the bed, and if they are up shallow on beds the more noise that is made the harded it is to catch a fish.
Old 03-16-09, 09:41 PM   #13
bingham

well then you should buy a power pole not a push pole nor a biosonix, your on a whole different subject... a push pole moves you around not holds you still. think before you type
Old 03-17-09, 12:38 PM   #14
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

Well didnt mean to stir up all this lol but thanks for the replies. I think the biosonix will be an advantage if you have one versus a guy who doesnt. I will give it a shot. I know a few people here who do have one and they are the more productive fisherman so i know it surly wouldnt hurt. Oh and by the way they arnt $1000 bucks tackle warehouse has them on sale for $449.00 free shipping so its well worth that in my eyes to try it out. Good price in my eyes look at what we spend on boats, electronics,poles,reels, tackle, etc.. Good fishing...Kevin
TNRACER93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 01:53 PM   #15
aikenyounggun

tell me how it works.....
Old 03-17-09, 05:34 PM   #16
swimbaitkid

ok, I bought a push poll at the classic made by a smaller company, you attach round like hole I would say, next to your trolling motor, one end the pole has a sharp cone on the end and you put the poll thru the hole(haha) and push it into the ground, it digs pretty good into rocks too and the poll stands straight up and holds you in that place, so I did think about what i typed this time, so there you go you learn something new everyday
Old 03-17-09, 06:07 PM   #17
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i thought a poll was when alot of people were asked the same question...maybe i'm wrong.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 06:58 PM   #18
swimbaitkid

Poll, pole, same thing. I forgot they both say poll though right?
Old 03-17-09, 07:02 PM   #19
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

yea, except one is right and the other is wrong.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 07:45 PM   #20
swimbaitkid

whatever dude it doesn't matter, but i get your point(is that right?)
Old 03-17-09, 08:32 PM   #21
aikenyounggun

yeah personally noin swimbait he aint much of a spellller at allllll (ha that was funni)
Old 03-17-09, 08:46 PM   #22
swimbaitkid

Just some guy trying to act grown-up and tough
Old 03-17-09, 11:17 PM   #23
bingham

yeah not childish and immature, no point to argue about a pole, this thread was about biosonix not a push pole, sounds to me like TNRACER(# has talked to some higher quality fisherman who actually have the product and has made up his mind... Let us know how it goes!
Old 03-18-09, 07:29 PM   #24
swimbaitkid

Higher Quality? Dude I bet anything that I could beat you anywhere, I have fished all over the US and have caught fish with out a guide. Let me ask you this how many tournaments have you won this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingham View Post
yeah not childish and immature, no point to argue about a pole, this thread was about biosonix not a push pole, sounds to me like TNRACER(# has talked to some higher quality fisherman who actually have the product and has made up his mind... Let us know how it goes!
Old 03-18-09, 07:52 PM   #25
swimbaitkid

if he had not said a higher quality fisherman it would have been fine, and just said other fisherman or whatever, and I'm not a kid, that's just my screen name, so just end it before you embariss yourself

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.