Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-11, 11:21 PM   #1
tundar
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Rod for my Pfluger

Hi Everyone,
I'm hoping to get some advice on a rod for my newly purchased Reel. The reel is a Pflueger Patriarch LPL Baitcaster.
I live in Montreal, Canada so the spring and fall are sometimes chilly. I mainly fish for Bass (Sm & Lg mouth) and sometimes I hook up a Walleye and even Pike. My main lures are crankbaits, spinners and the occasional Jigs. I know, jigs are great but I just like the techniques of casting as opposed to jigging.

I know that there isn't a rod that universal and that's ok because I mainly want it for Bass. I just don't want my rod to snap INCASE I do catch a Pike. I would like to be 6'8" -7', Medium, Fast. Remember, I mainly fish Bass.

So I hope everyone can voice out some of their experiences and of course expertise on a possible rod for my reel.

Thanks for all the responses.
tundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:11 AM   #2
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Tundar,

First off welcome aboard. You will find a lot of rod suggestions by using the search feature on the top site menu. Additionally, it helps a lot if you could give us a price range. This helps us not suggest a rod that is over or greatly under budget.
Old 04-28-11, 06:39 AM   #3
Apt79
BassFishin.Com Member

Welcome to the site. Now, if you want to spend around 100 bucks the garcia veritas rod is a good choice. If you can spend another 50 bucks I would go with the quantum KVD tour rod. I have one thats 7'4 M moderate action and this rod is by far the best one that I have ever owned. Im sure that the guys will have other choices but which ever are suggested are probably all great rods.
Apt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 03:19 PM   #4
Imgoodatwhatido
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My tournament partner has broke 2 veritas, one on a hookset and one when it was dropped on pavement from the deck of the boat.
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 04:40 PM   #5
Apt79
BassFishin.Com Member

Ive never had any issue with mine, I like it alot. That sucks for him.
Apt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 05:18 PM   #6
Shake n' Bake
BassFishin.Com Member

My cousin had a Vendetta which after a week of use the tip top guide came off.
Shake n' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 10:36 AM   #7
tundar
BassFishin.Com Member

My price range for the rod is $150 - 200. I just want to maximize the use of the reel so if there is a reel someone here feels is a good fit, I'm open to all recommendations.

Thanks.
tundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 11:11 AM   #8
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There are plenty of good rods in that range. I don't own pflueger, so I can not speak to how that reel will balance on these rods, but here are a few choices:

I am really pleased with each Shimano Crucial rod that I have owned. I find that it matches sensitivity with backbone very well. Depending on length, you should expect to pay between 149-179 for this rod.

I also like the Dobyn's rods. While most are not in the price range that you listed, the Savvy series will run you around 160.

A third option that I have used and was pleased with is the St. Croix Avid series. Unless you are looking at the 7'10" model, they will seel for just under 200.

While these are by no means the only options out there, they are the ones that I own or have owned.
Old 04-29-11, 06:55 PM   #9
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm with cass on this one. For that price range I'd go with a Shimano Crucial. An excellent rod with very good sensitivity, and comes with a life time warrenty. I love mine!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.