Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-08, 06:04 PM   #26
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I went with the Mojo style because they seem to transfer more bottom content because of the size/shape. Not too bad of a price either.

-Lunk-
Old 01-05-08, 06:14 PM   #27
WallStreetAmigo
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Where'd you get them LL, if you don't mind me asking?
WallStreetAmigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 06:26 PM   #28
lunker-lander

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...TERM-RSSD.html

-Lunk-

Pee.Yess.-- I don't mind...
Old 01-05-08, 10:00 PM   #29
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...ERM-GFDSW.html

These are about the same except a lot cheaper and they come with more in a pack. I'm going to get these this summer.

BB
Old 01-06-08, 03:09 AM   #30
islandbass

Ha! The entire city of Seattle shuts down with 1" of snow, and people don't know how to drive in it either.

However, I am so hard core as an angler that I would even fish through the ice if given the chance.

As a shorebound angler, prospects for bass fishing really drop without a boat, so I change gears and target other species to satiate the fishing fix.
Old 01-06-08, 08:46 PM   #31
BigBassin144

IB, I agree. I'll fish for anything that'll bite.

I also agree that a lot people don't know how to drive in the snow. A couple of friend of mine said they went off the road 4 times in the 5 miles form their house to school one day after some snow. I told them it would help if they didn't drive 5,000mph.

BB
Old 01-06-08, 09:14 PM   #32
WallStreetAmigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
IB, I agree. I'll fish for anything that'll bite.

I also agree that a lot people don't know how to drive in the snow. A couple of friend of mine said they went off the road 4 times in the 5 miles form their house to school one day after some snow. I told them it would help if they didn't drive 5,000mph.

BB
How True! I especially love the guys who think a 4x4 completely protects them from bad conditions. Then as I give them a lift in my 4x4 I show them that you still have to respect the conditions you're driving in. Unfettered confidence may be a good thing when fishing for bass, but it isn't very useful on a slushy, snowy, icy road.
Old 01-06-08, 09:17 PM   #33
WallStreetAmigo

Hey Island, if you're ever up my way (or anywhere close), let me know and I would be more than happy to take you out fishing for the day in my boat. I have to admit I would enjoy a day of dropshotting with you!
Old 01-06-08, 09:36 PM   #34
lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetAmigo View Post
Hey Island, if you're ever up my way (or anywhere close), let me know and I would be more than happy to take you out fishing for the day in my boat. I have to admit I would enjoy a day of dropshotting with you!

So True! I too could use a couple Heads-Up's on the Drop Shot from IB!

-Lunk
Old 01-07-08, 03:20 AM   #35
islandbass

LL and WSA,

You guys are awesome!! I'd be honored to fish with both of you. If either of you are in the Seattle area, let me know. I'll show you how to nail some smallies from the shore.

Oh yeah. great chance of snow Monday morning. It will probably put the city at a standstill.
Old 01-07-08, 03:15 PM   #36
MississippiBoy

If you think people freak out when it snows in Seattle, you oughta see Mississippi with white stuff on the ground. Or even worse, Wal-Mart right after they predict snow is coming. You would think Russia just lobbed an ICBM at us.

Ah, well. No snow this year, I guess. Lowest temp so far was 18 F a few days after Christmas. High today is 77 F. Need to go find me some shorts...
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 08:33 PM   #37
BigBassin144

Well as we hit a record high today of like 68 or something rediculously warm for this time of year. (but not enough to completely melt the ice so I can fish!! ) WSA I couldn't agree more about the 4x4 thing. In the last ice storm we had there was a big SUV that went over a guard rail and down a hill and was found hours later down the side of the hill it wentoff of by a couple of kids who's school had closed. The people inside were dead and who knows how long they could have stayed there if those kids hadn't found them.

The same ice storm almost stopped my dad from driving. And that's bad weather. My dad is probably one of the best bad weather drivers I know. Figuring he drives slow when there's no bad weather too... Anyways... a requirement to get your driver's liscense should be to have to drive through bad snowy conditions...

BB
Old 01-07-08, 09:34 PM   #38
lunker-lander

Good point, BB! I took my Driver's Ed class in December, so I assume I am totally qualified!

-Lunk-
Old 01-08-08, 06:29 PM   #39
BigBassin144

So much for winter weather. the whole little map of the counties on TV last night was covered in Tornado Watches, Severe Thunderstorm warning, and High Wind warnings. All the ice on my pond is gone. (the onyl good thing, I got some of my fishing fix today!)

BB
Old 01-08-08, 06:44 PM   #40
lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
So much for winter weather. the whole little map of the counties on TV last night was covered in Tornado Watches, Severe Thunderstorm warning, and High Wind warnings. All the ice on my pond is gone. (the onyl good thing, I got some of my fishing fix today!)

BB
No offense, but I think this is a good thing. I mean, the whole getting your fishing fix. Your writing seems to be slipping lately...--

-Lunk-
Old 01-08-08, 10:10 PM   #41
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
Your writing seems to be slipping lately...
-Lunk-
It's a weird mixture of Cabin Fever, fighting away the Bait Monkey (I think cabin fever season is his favorite with me), and going back to school.

BB

P.S. Again it's raining here, at this rate, there won't be anymore ice on the pond till next winter.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.