Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-10, 10:18 AM   #1
gottafish
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Video of the Thrill of victory...

and The agony of defeat.!!!!! I now see why i missed this fish. Just really not a very good hookset!!!
gottafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 11:09 AM   #2
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Cool video! And yes, I can see why you lost that fish!
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 01:36 PM   #3
BassFeverJohn
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

That tends to happen when you don't set the hook...
Old 06-02-10, 03:58 PM   #4
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ill tell ya... id rather lose it that way than for it to break off with your favorite bait... Happened to me last year at Barren. I hadnt caught nothing but dinks all day, then hooked a good one... it rolled just enough for me to see how big it was and then it broke off...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 04:25 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yep, that hookset was a little on the weak side. But now that you have seen it on video you will be able to work on it. In the past anytime I started having issues with losing or missing fish I have my wife video tape my day on the lake so that I can watch it when I get home and see what mistakes I am making. It's amazing what you can learn by doing this because there are tons of things that you do while you are fishing that you don't even realize. When you get home and watch it on the big screen all these little things stand out like a sore thumb and really let me clean up my fishing. This has cured me of a slump where I was missing a huge amounts of bites I was getting on jigs. It turns out that it was all in my rod angle on the hookset and if someone would have told me what my rod was doing when I set the hook I wouldn't have believed them but when you see it for yourself it really makes fixing the problem a lot easier. It's also a great way to make yourself more efficient on the water because you will pick up on a lot of wasted motions or wasted time that you can do away with as well.
Old 06-02-10, 11:26 PM   #6
gottafish
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea alot of my problem is tendinitis in my elbow from playing disc golf. I have stop playing this summer because it is affecting my fishing and this proves it. By the time I got this video my elbow was hurting bad.
Old 06-03-10, 01:05 PM   #7
nmanley
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

You can get rid of those left hand crank reels and set the hook with your good arm.
Old 06-03-10, 04:11 PM   #8
gottafish
BassFishin.Com Member

I actually like the left hand better but I have thought of getting rid of them and going right because of my elbow. I just hate right handed retrieve baitcasters. Just don't feel natural to switch hands after you cast. If you watch the video though you can see how my tendon twitches as I reel. Tendinitis is a pain. It just won't go away. Sometimes it feels better then other times it hurts. I hate it.

Last edited by gottafish; 06-03-10 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-03-10, 09:19 PM   #9
tim4081
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafish View Post
I actually like the left hand better but I have thought of getting rid of them and going right because of my elbow. I just hate right handed retrieve baitcasters. Just don't feel natural to switch hands after you cast. If you watch the video though you can see how my tendon twitches as I reel. Tendinitis is a pain. It just won't go away. Sometimes it feels better then other times it hurts. I hate it.
Know what you mean about the tendonitis. Several years ago I injured my arm in a racing accident and didn't take proper care of it. I got tendonitis so bad that a year straight of therapy couldn't fix it so surgery was needed (twice). The worst thing is the impact on my fishing as both my arm and wrist don't work like they should....oh well could be worse at least I can still get on the water.
tim4081 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.