Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-10, 09:24 AM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default We had a Bamabassman kind of weekend...

And unfortunately, it wasn't like his last trip, but more like his usual!

We got the boat ready saturday afternoon and decided to head to the lake for an evening of fishing. It was bright blue skies and windy.

Long story short, I threw everything in my box and not a single fish...

Sunday morning brings in some clouds and less wind. Given the previous evening, we were less than enthusiastic, although the clouds were a good sign of a change in the fishing. I put the rods back in the boat (lol, half my rods don't fit in the rod lockers ), and we get on our way.

And again, we came home with the smell of skunk...

I guess I never thought of the cool weather we've been having the past few days as a cold front, but I guess it was. (to me it was just, "oh thank god it's not 95 again!)

But we got out fishing twice, doubling the number of outings this year... Personally, I can't wait for next spring cause this year has sucked fishing wise...

BB
Old 09-07-10, 09:34 AM   #2
nofearengineer

That sucks, Anthony. You should have tried drop shot. I caught a 3 lb'er on a 3" pearl shad last night. It almost made me smile for a moment.
Old 09-07-10, 09:55 AM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

This lake is a mudhole, we had about 10-12" of visability, so dropshot isn't really an option.

One problem with this lake is the approx 37.6 billion crappie that are in there (that's an accurate measurement arrived at with a highly scientific guestimate. ). These range in size from a few inches to around 18-20", so there's plenty of forage for both bass and musky. It's tough lake to fish, and this isn't the first time we've gotten skunked there, lol...

BB
Old 09-07-10, 11:14 AM   #4
nofearengineer

I'm just thinking that if there are 18"-20" crappie in there, you need to re-think your distaste for them. At that size, they're more like an upright flounder.
Old 09-07-10, 11:41 AM   #5
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I'm just thinking that if there are 18"-20" crappie in there, you need to re-think your distaste for them. At that size, they're more like an upright flounder.
...And I've never had them, but I hear Crappie are pretty tasty.
(I sampled some Perch and a Bluegill I caught yesterday and think my live well will get more of a workout this fall.)
Old 09-07-10, 03:26 PM   #6
bamabassman

hahaha.......very funny ant. lol.

nah, what you SHOULD HAVE USED was a LIZZARD!!! MAN I KEEP TELLING YA AND TELLING YA, when are ye gonn alisten? lol. go for it again anthony. you'l get em this time for sure.
Old 09-07-10, 05:47 PM   #7
Bassboss

haha plus one on the liz! Rage tail lizard would be nice and loud for 'em, they find it.

But seriously, that sucks ya didn't catch any after all the time on the land. Hope ya get a few this fall... folks say it a good time to catch a good'un!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.