Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-12, 12:49 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default VibraGRUB, Pumpkin Ed Jig review

http://www.tacklecenter.com/yum/yum-...jig-head-24523

http://www.tacklecenter.com/evolve-b...ibragrub-24063

Both are good.
Old 09-04-12, 02:23 PM   #2
joedog

Talking Just Messing with you folks!

Ok, Pumpkin Ed jigs.
They work well but to be honest, a stand up jig is a stand up jig and at a buck and a quarter a jig, you may have to think this one through?
Positives. I was using a 1/4 oz. 3/0. I really do like the wide gap hooks, it allows the use of thicker plastics. Great for rigging a caffene shad to and the tail quivers, just like a feeding baitfish as it stands, and a tip quiver, LOOK OUT.
The hooks very well balanced and works well with like 7in. plus worms too. I used mostly in a current so the standing and stay standing was important.
The surprise to me was how snag free they were. Now I'm talking rocky bottom snags not vegatation. They worked as good as a football head jig, almost anyways.
Now on a side note. 1/8 oz. football heads are worthless. I find a plain ball head is as good. If you fish current with the small football head, the current when your cross reeling, across current not down or up current retrieve, the jig head when turned actually was more suseptable to snags seeing the pointed ends would catch the rock gaps easier than a ballhead.

VibraGRUBS
I started with 3in. on a 1/8-1/4 oz. shakeyhead/swim jig from Gammy. Also tried the Strike King 1/8oz. footballs, I need and like a longer shaft then most smaller ballheads have. Walleye jigs can work but usually heavier due to usually fishing Walleye deep. The target, river run small mouth.
Now the action of these grubs, from I guy who has dozens of different 3-4 inch grub brands, is fantastic!!! They guiver with any water movement WHATS-SO-EVER. A hop and sit works really well but a straight slow retrieve almost makes you want to jump in and grab it. The white one's have this faint fliker of pink on the fins. I couldn't see it unless it's in the water. Really kind of a neat touch. In the water it looks un believable. The smallies loved them.
The 4in. grubs
Like the 3in., really amazing to see, to me anyways.
You MUST try these on a dropshot. Thats all I can say.
Haven't used yet but these things should make a deadly swimjig trailer. They worked on river smallies well but the pike seem to ignore three inchers and not the 4's. Walleye like them both. Twitching and current really make these things look alive.
Both have scent and I've caught as many as a dozen smallies, one pike and two walleye on a single grub. Then the body tubes faltered, not the fins. I truely have not witnessed one torn fin. Ya, really surprised me too. I've been using both for most the summer but kept quite till I truely gave them a test.
Next year this time of year I'll do this years ICAST products. I have so much stuff and things need to work alot for me to give them a even good review.
These two are good. The Vibra if your in need of a change up and Edwin's jig if you want a wide gap solid stand up.

Now I feel I should mention where I purchased them.
These folks were great.I got caffene shads at like $3.65 and they pride themselves in thier Strike King inventory. That's how I came across them, couldn't find what I wanted at a price I wanted elsewhere. These guys, at least Jackson, shipping mgr, Ryan,salesmgr., and Johinnie the warehouse mgr. actually knew fishing and had ideas that didn't involve a purchase.
New folks be sure to ask for the first time buyer code for I think 15% discount.
They had a 20% Labor day sale on everything that may still be going?
Tell them Joe from Janesville sent you. It'll get you nothing and it'll get Me nothing. But when Johnie went down physically to the warehouse to check on a color because picture wasn't true color on site, I was impressed and told them I'd share thier name with you. Oh thy SAY that they will match any internet price, pretty sure Ryan told me that. But you ask them.
That's ALL I'm doing. I'm not promoting any product or merchandiser, but you may want to stop by?
They have a brick and mortar store at Russelville, Ark. called Wilkens Brothers Outdoors.
http://www.tacklecenter.com/info/sitentedap
Old 09-14-12, 09:35 AM   #3
joedog

Just a note of interest.
Now I'm well aware no one cares, (10 day old post with out a single."Ya I used them but..." even?)

Anyway I was visiting another site and the question was, 'Whats your 3 go to lures when the bite is HARD?' When nothing else is working what do you throw?
Two of the first 5 posters (early, new thread) mentioned the VibraGrub.
Now that to me says alot. This site has alot of Tourny folks and for them to mention a year old bait as a go too....well you decide what that means.
They really are kind of a unique action.
Old 09-14-12, 10:43 PM   #4
bassinbob

Will have to try out the vibra grub.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.