Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-12, 11:01 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Thoroughly impressed and de-virginized

3 Parts here:

Thoroughly Impressed Pt. 1- I received my Pflueger spinning reel today (first off it came from a tackle shop in Malaysia and I received it in less 36 hours, as described, BNIB and saved about 30 bucks). I put it on my Crucial rod and chomping at the bit to get it out and test it. Just playing with it, it seems extremely smooth, not a noise one unless I spin it like a bat out of hell and just a darn good looking reel! Thanks to all who helped in my decision making process!

Thoroughly Impressed Pt. 2- Last night I was re-spooling my Curado, but I couldn't get the braid (transferred it another spool to clean my reel and then was putting it back on) to spool evenly to save my life. Long of the short the freaking line knotted on itself and was garbage. My local shop with powerpro was closed so it was off to the exchange, knowing they didn't have braid and all they carry is P-Line (which I haven't had much luck with). So I bought some 12lb XX-Strong for the Curado and had no intent of taking the recently purchased Citica since I was missing the drag spring, but then I thought, "ah, what the hell might as well take it." So I bought some 8lb P-Line Fluoroclear for it. Holy crap, that Citica will cast a weightless 5" Senko country mile and the line is smooth. I'm gonna keep it on there for a while...every cast I said to myself, "d@mn this is good stuff!" The XX-strong isn't as smooth, but worked well and it's ok IMO.

De-Virginized- The only fish I caught today was on the Citica. Maybe the guy who owned it before me caught something on it, but it's new to me. I actually fished my Citica more than my Curado today and I love my Curado.
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.