Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-12, 05:21 PM   #26
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Mo, how long may a lawyer hold money from the sale of my mothers' house in case a lein or judgement arises? Thank you.
Old 06-19-12, 09:32 PM   #27
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am not Mo but I can tell you that in the state of Kentucky that would depend on many things. Was there a will? What were the terms of the will? Etc, etc. All claims must be filed against the estate within 6 months. Again, this is just the law in KY. If you think for a moment that something is not quite right, do not hesitate to contact a reputable estate attorney (other than the one currently involved) in your area and ask.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 11:42 PM   #28
bassinbob

Thank you Bassin Gal. Yes there was a will and my sister and I sharred the assets. It's been 6 years. I will have to contact my attorney I guess.
Old 06-20-12, 06:52 AM   #29
Bassin' Gal

Six YEARS??? You definitely need to contact an attorney. I cannot imagine a scenario that would require that length of time but stranger things have happened.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 07:12 PM   #30
nobass

bob when both my parents passed (they lived in pa.) it was six months from date death notice was posted in local news and state notified. this was 4 years ago. only hold up was my mothers estate it was house fire and condemmed by city for purchase once price was agreed on 30 days later we had our checks. also no leins/debts can be filed after six months i would check atty. savings account
Old 06-22-12, 02:50 PM   #31
MO_CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Mo, how long may a lawyer hold money from the sale of my mothers' house in case a lein or judgement arises? Thank you.
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA...I'm heading out for vacay at the lake next week and trying to get everything caught up.

Bassinbob, I usually don't opine too much on litigation type issues; however, I cannot think of a situation where a judgement claim can extend six years. I think you might want to make contact to get your money.
Old 06-22-12, 02:54 PM   #32
MO_CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysdad View Post
Remember this the next time you ask a friend to give you a hand with somethin' and remember to PAY HIM and advise him that he needs to declare it on his income tax.
Oh yea, and put that jug of 'kool-aid' down!
LOL
Advise is a strong word Abbeysdad. Maybe it should be "advise".
Old 06-22-12, 02:56 PM   #33
MO_CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
So, MO CPA - how do you write off your taxes the FREE advice you're dishing out on the internet? Normally you'd get PAID for the advice, and pay taxes on that income. I believe you're cheating our government out of money they are due, and sorely need. Your free advice is contributing ot the National Debt, borders on income tax evasion. Could giving free advice be considered "imputed income"? How about those individuals accepting free advice rather than paying for it? That saved money could have been income for another who would then pay tax. You're all cheating the government out of there share. The IRS isn't going to like this, it was not in Obama's plan, next thing you'll be setting up offshore accounts.
It's a barter situation boogieman..your bass advice for my tax advice...zero sum game.
Old 06-22-12, 04:22 PM   #34
bassboogieman

Ok, I can accept that, although I am not a CPA (Certified Piscatorial Advisor) I help where I can. Unfortunatly I only have a BS degree, which becomes readily apparent as you continue reading most of my posts.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.