Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-11, 09:08 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default quick questions about carrot stiks

so I was looking at some and found a 7 ft 2in model, i looked and maybe i skipped over it but I never saw what it was, say a M MH or light. so in your opnion or if you just know, could you tell me what it would be.. no the monkey will not win but i am curious
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 09:40 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There are about 5 different lines of CS rods, spinning and casting. You're going to have to be more specific. There is no way to guess the power of a rod by the length.
Old 08-22-11, 09:50 PM   #3
wallywallace

oh i am sorry, it is a casting, and i have no clue the brand, i know there it is the normal orange, if that helps, it is not the dark orange ones.. i beleive it is the element 21, if that helps
Old 08-22-11, 09:55 PM   #4
Jrob78

The only 7'2" TW has is a MM.
Old 08-22-11, 10:21 PM   #5
wallywallace

what is that, do you mean a MH, sorry if i am the one wrong, i am new to terms,
Old 08-22-11, 11:02 PM   #6
Jrob78

MM means medium, moderate. It's a medium power with a moderate action. A moderate action means the rod flexes further down the blank, not just at the tip. These are generally used as crankbait rods.
Old 08-22-11, 11:06 PM   #7
wallywallace

anything else, i could use it for, i said i wasn't but they guy is offering a great deal on it, as he is getting a few of the newer miodels, not really i crank bait guy, i guess i could be, but i have tried the countless time and being a bank fishierman, i hardle get aything, again thank you
Old 08-22-11, 11:10 PM   #8
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

This un?

If you're looking for an all around rod, the 7' MH/F is always the go to IMO.

For bottom contact baits, a little extra length is sometimes preferd, so a 7'3" MH/F would do well, but the 7' MH/F is no slouch either. That one would also do well for log casting top waters, spinnerbaits, and pitching (assuming it stiff enough, sometimes Power/action differs from brand to brand). Some poeple also like a longer rod for general use, so you'll have to find what you prefer.

The 7'2" M/M will do well for long casting topwaters (I like a shorter rod for regular topwatering), and big jerkbaits (again, I like a shorter rod).
Old 08-23-11, 07:34 AM   #9
lilmule

Depends upon what you think is a great deal as well,I gave $110 (NEW)for mine and had a ten dollar off coupon,it broke on third usage,repaired locally for less than factory wanted even though under warranty.So put the monkey gently back in its cage.
While lightness is great for flipping aint worth a darn for two handed casting cranks(DD22)
Two handed seeker glass custom rod for 125 out preforms it easily,except in weight dept.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 08:54 AM   #10
wallywallace

Alright , but guy wanted 40 bucks for it . He has duckett for 60 (not sire which model) also have a few skeet Reese rods for around 40. He told me he is getting out of fishin and only wants a few new model carrots for just casual fishing. Was thinkin of getting them all but don't have cash. Just wanted a nicer rod and knew carrots were decent

Plus I love orange lol
Old 08-23-11, 09:02 AM   #11
MikeKing
BassFishin.Com Member

Give me his number! I have the cash and want some new rods as well!!
MikeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:13 AM   #12
DVT Mike
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Instead of stumbling on what might be a deal and trying to make it work for you, consider what you want in a rod, set a budget and look for just what you need. Backing into purchases just ties up your budget in tackle you won't use. Post what techniques you want to fish with a new rod and a budget and you'll get lots of suggestions. One of them just might be the deal you're looking at.
Old 08-23-11, 09:22 AM   #13
wallywallace

The techs. I wanna do is some flipping and pitching. I do want a crank bait rod but don't have luck with them. I do have a frog rod and a few spinning rods for plastics. But I have a few reels that need rods for. I was looking at the senko toad rod. Does that mean toad as in frog. Sorry if I am going all directions.

At this moment I know I am getting his two 6 ft somthing carrot rods for spinning. Since
Plastics arey favorite
Old 08-23-11, 09:24 AM   #14
wallywallace

Sorry I am Typing on iPod and hate the tiny buttons
Old 08-24-11, 06:36 AM   #15
lilmule

$40 is worth taking a chance on,the duckett at 60 is a good buy as well.
Breakage on the carrot stixs is limited to a certain time frame ,not the new ones now.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 11:27 AM   #16
wallywallace

well, got 3 carrots off of him, a skeet reese senko/toad and he had done sold all the rest except a velistos( not sure if that is right, it is white and looks close to the vendetta) he said he was gonna keep it, sorry to the ones that wanted his number, he said he put em on CL again and sold them in a day
Old 08-24-11, 12:43 PM   #17
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallace View Post
well, got 3 carrots off of him, a skeet reese senko/toad and he had done sold all the rest except a velistos( not sure if that is right, it is white and looks close to the vendetta) he said he was gonna keep it, sorry to the ones that wanted his number, he said he put em on CL again and sold them in a day
Sounds like some great rods for a great deal. To bad he sold those veritas () rods, those are suppose to be really good.
Old 08-24-11, 05:31 PM   #18
wallywallace

yea didn't know ducketts were nice either, lol now i just need to catch enogh fish for there worth lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.