Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-11, 10:59 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default PVA Results

My friend Tony asked me to take him out on the river a month ago to start getting ready for this weekends PVA event on the Potomac. I posted a couple pics of some of the fish we found and some of you guys asked for a follow up on the event. Well we had the tournament this weekend and it was brutal with 100+ and high 90's temps. Weigh in was held early due to the weather both days and a group of Veterans were not able to make the event due to doctors orders due to the heat. A group of soldiers from Walter Reed did show and a total of 70 veterans fished on Sat. Only 60 showed today due to the effect of the heat. Still there were plenty of bottles of water and bags of ice passed out. Dinner was provided all weekend by the American Legion. Subway supplied lunch. Hooters brought wings. Breakfast was provided by Dunkin' Donuts. One of the local fire departments supplied BBQ today and volunteers helped with everything.......it's truly an amazing event. They helped the Veterans into and out of the boats. Dropped the boats in the water. Parked the trucks and got them for you at weigh in. They brought a cold wet cloth and bottles of water to you off the water. If you get a chance you have to attend one of these events.
Back to the fishing. Sat was rough and my partner managed to catch four good keepers on a chatterbait in a sparse grass bed. Tony on the other had found some good grass, he must have been paying attention , and had a limit by 7:30 am and culled his way up to 14.51 lbs. One fish died so he lost .25lbs but he held on to win the event. On the first day only the Veterans fish. The partner runs the trollong motor, make suggestions, help land fish etc but doesn't fish. But they do share in the prizes .
On the second day both partners fish. I made a little change of plans and went for broke. Made a long run and it paid off. We hit a limit and culled before 7 am.....so I had to text Tony and put a little pressure on him. The tide slowed and the bite died so we moved a little deeper into the creek. Once the tide turned the bite changed and we started culling out the first group. We worked up to 14.10 lbs and we thought we had a shot at some prize money.....little did we know that others had found hungry fish. Tony too. He and his partner hit 17.03 lbs and took second place and some good prize money home along with the prizes he picked up on Sat. We finished 9th....one spot out but we had an excellent day fishing. We caught 15+ good bass, 4 snakeheads, and 5 good specks (which were a surprise). I'll put the pics up as soon as I can. Also got a story that goes along with the second snakehead....and some gory pics too.
Although the season isn't over, New Hampshire is the last event, Tony has wrapped up the AOY title and it looks like he'll be making the trip to the Federation Championship......very . In his words "Awesome".

Last edited by 3dkicker; 07-24-11 at 11:10 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 06:36 PM   #2
WatterBoy

Hey Smitty, thanks for the great update! Looking forward to seeing the pics when you get a chance to get them added.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 07:24 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

be sure to show THE picture smitty. oyu know which one i am talking aobut too.
Old 07-25-11, 07:36 PM   #4
bcklash

Smitty that report gives me cold chills. JUST FREAKING AWESOME.

We ought to start a BFC fan club to cheer Tony on at the Federation Championships.
Old 07-25-11, 09:28 PM   #5
3dkicker

Check out the Facebook page with all the pictures from the event. It'll give you an idea. There's a couple of Tony and his partner and one of me and my partner....horrible picture of me!! One of the winner's of the Sunday team event is Jason Berry the owner of Potomac Mix Tackle...he hand pours some sweet baits. He handed out over 100 bags of tackle. My partner caught two of our best five on one of his senko type baits.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...7705781&type=1

It's coming Bama, it's coming.......working (week long camp) at an Academy and their internet system won't let me connect with photobucket or snapfish. Kevin still hasn't fixed the problem with me not being able to upload pics to the site from my computer.
Old 07-26-11, 11:11 PM   #6
3dkicker

Here's the PVA Angler of the Year trophy which will be awarded at the New Hampshire event coming up.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
Old 07-29-11, 01:56 PM   #7
3dkicker

Finally the Pics!!! Here's a couple at the awards dinner on Sat with the winners.

Two of my partner Al Kelly holding one of our keepers on Sun. and a nice summer time speck.

Speck came on a Bandit Footloose

Sunday leader board......oh so close!!!
Old 07-31-11, 10:08 AM   #8
clicker
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi Dave, Just wanted say thank you for giving up your weekend to take a PVA member fishing. I can't find words to describe how grateful I am to all the volunteers that give up their time and skills to take a veteran bass fishing.
I have fished for many years but not many times each year, the trip you gave me was one of the best ever. I look forward to seeing you next year.
Al Kelly
clicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 03:27 PM   #9
3dkicker

Your welcome Al. I was happy to do it. Hopefully I can make it next year.

Welcome to the website. I'm glad you joined. Take a look around and join in on some of the conversations.....but watch out for the Monkey!!! And the guy named Bama....he's trouble
Old 07-31-11, 05:32 PM   #10
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahaha, al...........if oyu can hadle ol smitty, then i ain't no threat to ya pal. welcome to the site, relax and have some fun.
ol smitty is right about that ol monkey though, he'll bite cha on the butt before ya know it. make you catch snakeheads and get hooks in yer leg, then blame me for it. hahahaha!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.