Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-12, 08:15 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default A little irritated with Academy Sports

So I jumped on the Senko sale that was posted, have to forgive me I can't remember what I ate for breakfast let alone who posted it up, anyways I jump on their website to check my order status noticing my bank acct had been charged.

Under my order number it said my order was partially cancelled; well I was already running behind getting my oldest to the eye doctor so I told myself I would call them when I got back. At this time my order hadn't shipped.

So I jump back on my email to get my order number and call them once I got home. Only this time I had an email saying my order shipped and was missing two items. Definitely time to call them!

So I get a hold of nice woman at customer service and explain to her what I was seeing. She pulled up my order and said yep some of the items didn't ship and asked me to hold. So I did and she came back confirming that they had cancelled two of the items I'd ordered, but didn't know why.

The two they cancelled (Senkos) were the colors that I ultimately wanted out of the whole order, I proceed to tell her that and that had I known which ones were cancelled prior to it shipping I would have cancelled the whole order. She apologizes, not her fault, and says she'll refund shipping. Nice of her and I thanked her for that...

My irritation lies in the fact that I didn't receive any type of email, phone call or a courtesy of any type explaining why they cancelled those items. I'm assuming it was because they were out of stock; however, even the lady I was speaking with couldn't confirm that. Never mind the fact I have been charged incorrectly (still showing a charge for the full amount even though the lady said I was only charged for what shipped). I guess I'll continue to watch my acct and see if it fixes itself.

Have any of you all had any experiences like this with Academy? This if my first time ordering from them and so far I'm not impressed, they run killer deals from time to time it seems and I don't want this to ruin my taste for their company.
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 10:58 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sorry to hear about that. Academy's customer service policies are normally really good in their stores. They've only been doing the online sales for maybe a year. It sounds like they still have some very big wrinkles they need to work out. Hopefully they will at least credit your account correctly without anymore hassle.

I was at Academy picking up Senkos and Pit Bosses tonight. I have 4 or 5 stores within about 30 minutes of me and a couple that are less than 10 miles away. If you're still interested in the Senkos, let me know what colors you're looking for and I would be happy to pick them up for you, assuming the stores still have them. The one I went to tonight still had a decent selection. I posted the link the other day, It would be my pleasure to help rectify the situation for you, just let me know.
Old 08-15-12, 11:11 PM   #3
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Joe, I must say man you're an upstanding guy and I appreciate the offer! I'm not going to ask you to go out of your way to make something right that was completely out of your hands (yes, I know you offered). You were simply trying to help your fellow fisherman out and that you did by posting the sale. I would have done the same thing...

I didn't realize that academy was that new to selling online not that it would have changed my mind on initially ordering from them.

I really do appreciate the offer. I'll catch them on sale another time and be quicker on the draw. Like I said earlier I'm assuming they were out of stock. The lady I spoke with is suppose to call me back and let me know what the problem was. If I change my mind I'll shoot you a pm in the next day or so.

Thanks again
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 11:19 PM   #4
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

No problem man, I imagine I will be at Academy again before the week is up. Like I said the other day, sales are my kryptonite, gotta see if a different store has different colors in stock! I think I have a problem Seriously though, if you change your mind, let me know.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.