Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-10, 09:42 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default well we TRIED to go today.

well for the first time in about 2 months the wife and were going to hit the mudhole (weiss lake). lisa plugged up the cajun and waited for me to get home from work. i get home and hooked the truck to the rig. went back to unplug the boat. jsut to make sure it was all charged up i checked the status, 2 green and one red light. huh? one battery not charged while the other 2 are? not right me thinks. i put in the key to see if it is the motor battery. yep........the NEVERSTART form wally world is dead as a hammer. so..........i go get the receipt on the battery. just out of warrenty. figures don't it? now the other 2 batteries are interstate batteries. they are ready to go. but now i gotta go and get a new starter battery. i know, i could've put one of the trolling batteries over to the dead one place. but not enough time today. it was almost 6 pm and it is dark at 7:30 now. we was jsut gonna go for a hour or so. just to get out there ya know.
man when it rains.....it pours. oh well.... maybe it wasn't a good day anyway. next time i guess.
Old 08-17-10, 10:46 PM   #2
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Oh man John, that sucks. You know what, I heard they were catching record numbers of huge fish on Weiss this evening. Mupltiple double digit fish, and they were hitting anything and everything! Even those helicopter lures you got!

Hahahaha! Sorry, I had to bud. It's ok, we've been out on the boat twice this year...

BB
Old 08-18-10, 01:33 AM   #3
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Bama, I feel your pain. I got a new side imaging unit for my boat on July 12th. I have had it out 1 time. With Janece recovering from surgery and my little buddy, Allen, in a short leg cast, I have no idea when I will be able to get back out. However, once the family is healed up the fish better watch out. I keep telling myself that me not beening able to go was a good chance for me to read the manual from cover to cover. This is something that I have never done before. I have to ask you this, How many times am I going to read the darn thing before I go back out? I am almost done with my second time through.

Things have to work out where Bama can get back out on the water and I can get back out, also.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 09:03 AM   #4
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

"Stuff" happens. Better the battery is dead in the driveway than out on the lake...stiff breeze and rocks getting close!
I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out and soon be braggin on some big old southern bass catch

I had my boat hooked up Saturday night to go out early Sunday morning. Got up and was making coffee when it started to pour. Rained on and off the whole day. Left her hooked up figured I'd go out monday after work but too windy. Gonna try for this afternoon - but I'm thinking hooking the boat the night before may be bad mo jo
Old 08-22-10, 01:36 PM   #5
islandbass

I cannot stand those situations that seem to "get in the way" of fishing so I feel for that. But Abbey's right that it's better that you found out at home.
Old 08-22-10, 01:44 PM   #6
keithdog

Thats really buddy, especially after you've been waitting so long to go. To finally get the chance to get out and then "THAT". grrrrrrr Hope you get back out there soon!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 04:15 PM   #7
66KingFisher

That dead battery kept you from being in an accident that afternoon....whether you knew it or not, it probably saved yer lives buddy....You should be thankful it died when it did....Know what I mean?.....lol.
Old 08-22-10, 06:30 PM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
That dead battery kept you from being in an accident that afternoon....whether you knew it or not, it probably saved yer lives buddy....You should be thankful it died when it did....Know what I mean?.....lol.
Very good point 66. Trust 66 Bama, he knows what he's talking about.
Old 08-22-10, 07:35 PM   #9
Abbeysdad

What? How does a dead battery keep you from having an accident and save yer life? You mean cause he wasn't adrift on the mudhole lake?
Old 08-22-10, 08:46 PM   #10
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysdad View Post
What? How does a dead battery keep you from having an accident and save yer life? You mean cause he wasn't adrift on the mudhole lake?
No...I mean he wasn't pullin his boat down the road at the time that accident would've happened, cause the battery was dead and he stayed home instead.
Old 08-22-10, 09:25 PM   #11
keithdog

I cant remember how many times I've heard of people who's lives were spared because of a flat tire preventing them from catching their flight out of the airport, only to learn that the plane they missed crashed and everyone on board was killed. Stories like that.
Old 08-22-10, 11:21 PM   #12
bamabassman

karma is somehting to keep an eye on 66. maybe it was fate. or jsut the the dang ol monkey wants some money..haven't paid him in such a long time. he is getting itchy now a days. lol!
Old 08-23-10, 11:37 AM   #13
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
No...I mean he wasn't pullin his boat down the road at the time that accident would've happened, cause the battery was dead and he stayed home instead.
Well that's pretty far reaching unless you advocate living yer life on the edge of a sofa and never go out in the world! In this case, I'm just inclined to believe a part failed and needed to be replaced.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.