Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-12, 09:19 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Cool Went to the "mudhole" this morning

well folks....my dry spell is over with. went to the lake this morning...weiss lake,lol.

got there JUST as the sun was about to pop up. had everything lined up and ready to go. trolled out across form the launch into this little slew off of the man made channel. started slinging the spro frog, lizzard and power worm along with chunking deep cranks in the channel. nuthin....usual day already....

then i decided to tie on a ZELL ROWLAND POP-R, the only one i have (if you know where i can get a few more, let me know ASAP.

after about 30 mins i land a little dink, 8 inches. then about 15 mins later....A KEEPER! chunky thing too. then after another 15-20 mins..another keeper. hey, i am on a pattern here i say to myself..hmmm.

so after i got so far back in the slew i knew i had to get out cause it was getting REAL shallow. so i step on the trolling motor pedal to turn around....the pedal is jsut flopping back and forth. what the ?!?!

i look down. the cable is off....OH CRAP!!!! is it broken?!?! where is it? where is the cables? can't see em and ain't got nothing to unscrew the pedal off the floor. CUSS,CUSS...AND MORE CUSS!!!! I WAS ON A PATTERN!!!!

so after trying to find the cables as best i could without sucess i PADDLE all the way to the launch. over 100 yards away. no i didn't fire up the oputboard..because i didn't put in any gas. yeah, i know what oyu are thinking. but anyways....

so after loading up the boat and strapping it down i head home. YES I THREW THE 2 KEEPERS BACK IN. too tired to clean em.

i get home and am so tired i take a little nap....wake up 4 hrs later,. more tired than i thought,lol.

i go out to the boat, still cussing under my breath. (well not really but it sounds good anyway,haha) i grab the drill and take out the screws holding the pedal to the floor.

THERE THEY ARE, BOTH CABLES! IT AIN'T BROKE!! JSUT CAME OUT!!

so i put em back where they are supposed ot be. back it beside the shop. plug it up. truck is still hooked up to it.

watched the weather this evening. supposed to be overcast and muggy int he am. showers and possible storm or 2 by noon. winds getting up to 20-25 mph too. so...would OYU try it in the morning? i'm thinking i am if it looks ok when 5 am rolls around.
Old 09-07-12, 09:23 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

go for it.what you got to lose your skin is watertightlol
Old 09-07-12, 09:50 PM   #3
keithdog

I'd head out if I could, and gas up a few gallons too. lol Sounds like your on to something John. Best of luck if you get back out there again. It had to kill ya to have to leave like that. Sorry man! Bass Pro sells the Xcalber poppers. I like them better than the Rebels. Just my two cents worth.

Last edited by keithdog; 09-08-12 at 12:13 AM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12, 10:18 PM   #4
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'd be all over it! Gopher it Bama, I wouldn't be on the water as the storms roll in, but I'd darn sure be on the shore [armed and ready with my favorite top water] as the storms roll in/through.

I may be the odd one out, but I love to fish in the rain!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12, 10:26 PM   #5
lilmule

Yeah bout to roll in here,dry spell tis over me thinks.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 04:09 AM   #6
joedog

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REBEL-P6...item35bd9e9be2

Had to share this with you John.
Here's the Zell pop r from Rebel but The 2 year warranty is the real reason for the post.
The way I understand the 2 YEAR WARRANTY is that if after 2 years you've caught nothing but dinks on them....you get your money back.

Another note on this....
Try pointing the rod tip at the bait and cranking it as fast as you can. The Pop-R will skip across the water like a fleeting shad and draws vicious strikes.

Anyone fish a popper this way?
Old 09-08-12, 08:37 AM   #7
bamabassman

WELLLL....I DIDN'T GO. watched the weather again, reminded of some "chores" i need to do. and well....i can go again this coming friday ALLLL day if the weather holds true.

thanks joe! i'll definantly check out that pop-r. i have done the "skipping" doesn't work too much for me. i got a lot of pop-r's, but only had luck with the zell model. that's why i treasure it. and i don't mind catching dinks.....at least i am catching em, hahahaha!!
Old 09-08-12, 08:40 AM   #8
bamabassman

jsut looked at the ad joe...this isn't the SAME one like i have. mine is painted diffeently. more like a rainbow trout is what mine is. thanks though buddy.
Old 09-08-12, 10:56 AM   #9
WTL

John, do you have fridays off? I do, was wondering if you might want to meet up and get some fishing in.
Old 09-08-12, 11:08 AM   #10
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
John, do you have fridays off? I do, was wondering if you might want to meet up and get some fishing in.
You must not be on the list!!!!
Old 09-08-12, 02:45 PM   #11
nobass

do not think he wants to be either he always send them when on my way to work
Old 09-08-12, 06:41 PM   #12
bamabassman

hahaha, yes billy i AM off on fridays buddy. i am off EVERY friday now. work 4 10 hr days, off 3 day weekend EVERY weekend. except on holidays...then off for 4 DAYS!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! give me a holler billy. we'll go, but it has ot be weiss, aka; MUDHOLE LAKE". hahaha. i will be free this friday if oyu wanna come over. let me know.
Old 09-08-12, 06:57 PM   #13
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Oh Bama, that would have hurt my feelings so bad!!! I hope the weather and fish cooperate next Friday and you hit the jackpot.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12, 07:46 PM   #14
WTL

I'll let you know...I have fridays off as well, so one friday for sure I will make it up there. Do you go to G'ville anymore? I've never fished the mud puddle, how is it? I have also been wanting to fish the little river, maybe when the leaves change.
Old 09-08-12, 08:32 PM   #15
bamabassman

sent oyu a pm billy. weiss lake is DIFFERENT....hardly no grass at all. shallow, with creek channels and stumps. barren really. i am having a hard time learning it. muddy compaired to g'ville. different is about the best way i can describe it. mostly spotted bass in there too. hence the smaller fish. they drain it every year during winter. which makes it REALLY hard to fish for me. not used to sitting out in the middle of the lake fishing creek channels...and points out there, hahaha. gotta learn it though, it's the closest lake to me.

it's all ok miss gal. i'm going tomorrow. got everything took care of today.
Old 09-09-12, 09:38 PM   #16
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That is just too funny Bama. The lake we fish close to us is exactly like that and the real, honest name of the lake is Barren Lake. It iis a watershed. After being used to fishing the TN river system it has been a real learning curve.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.