Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-10, 11:51 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default In Search Of A Spinnerbait

Not a particular brand but rather a particular build, and I'm not sure anyone makes it. What I want is a smaller profile spinnerbait with double willow blades that still weighs 3/4oz or 1oz. My idea is for a spinnerbait made with a tungsten head which would give you the weight without the bulk of a larger lead head. Basically a 3/4oz or 1oz. spinnerbait that is essencially the same look and size as a 1/4 or 3/8oz spinnerbait. If they can make tungsten bullet weights then why not spinnerbait heads? It would be more expensive, but I'd pay it if I could only find it. Anyone know of such an animal?
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-10, 06:22 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Keith, I have a few of these in 1/2 oz and they run deeper & faster than a "normal" spinnerbait. Great for buzzing over weeds. Newly added the 1 oz. size, which I haven't tried, that's a heavy spinnerbait. New owner of the business, so I haven't dealt with him. I got mine from the originator of the bait - I won a dozen for naming the "LIVEWIRE" spinnerbait. I'm happy with them for the purpose mentioned above, the small profile does have it's place. This is a compact, short upper arm bait, I think they are #3.5 blades on the 1/2 oz.

Email: Bkfrns@rockemail.com should you have any interest. The originator was MOAB aka Bait Ink.
Link to the original Bait Ink site for a video of this spinnerbait: http://bait-ink.com/spinner.htm

Last edited by bassboogieman; 10-21-10 at 11:05 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-10, 07:56 AM   #3
walkeraviator

This would be awesome for Smallies on Kentucky Lake in the spring. Slow rolling out deep on points on the LBL side of the lake... thanks for thinking that up... i may have to increase my spinner bait collection soon...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-10, 08:52 AM   #4
keithdog

Thanks BBM! I'll check'em out!
Old 10-21-10, 11:47 AM   #5
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

X2 on checking them out for Smallies.
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-10, 12:38 PM   #6
WaffleJaw

Keith these are the War Eagles I've been using...Larger weight,smaller profile...They run great out of the box!
You'll notice the hidden weight behind the head.

http://www.wareaglelures.com/index.p...d&productId=18
Old 10-21-10, 06:15 PM   #7
keithdog

Ya know Waffle, I've been looking at those. I'm definately going to pick up a couple to try before next spring.
Old 10-21-10, 07:30 PM   #8
bassinbob

I got lucky once. Store was selling War Eagles for $1.39. I bought 10 of them. My favorite.
Old 10-21-10, 10:37 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01

War Eagles are great spinnerbaits. The Screaming Eagle is a hidden weight spinnerbait that weighs 1/2 oz. but has the profile of a 1/4 oz (I think that is right). Hidden weight is the way to go Keith, also you might check out Heavy Cover spinnerbaits http://www.heavycover.com/catalog/site.html you get to design your own so maybe they can help.
Old 10-21-10, 10:56 PM   #10
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
War Eagles are great spinnerbaits. The Screaming Eagle is a hidden weight spinnerbait that weighs 1/2 oz. but has the profile of a 1/4 oz (I think that is right). Hidden weight is the way to go Keith, also you might check out Heavy Cover spinnerbaits http://www.heavycover.com/catalog/site.html you get to design your own so maybe they can help.
I'm not sure if I should thank you or be mad at you right now! I think my bank account is probably covering its eyes. I am definitely going to have to "design" some spinnerbaits, thanks for the link.
Old 10-21-10, 11:26 PM   #11
keithdog

I often make my own spinnerbaits, and I buy my supplies from Lure Parts Online. They offer a hidden weight spinnerbait head design. I think I'll also get a few of those to play with.
Old 10-22-10, 12:15 AM   #12
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I often make my own spinnerbaits, and I buy my supplies from Lure Parts Online. They offer a hidden weight spinnerbait head design. I think I'll also get a few of those to play with.
You could also add some suspend dots or strips like you use for jerkbaits to add some weight. Just stick them on the hidden weight part under the skirt.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.