Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-06-09, 01:51 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thumbs up Off shore fishing trip!

All right! So my dad woke us up this morning at 6:30! He said we where gonna go on the off shore fishing on the drift boat! So me and my two bros got up got ready, and went out the door. Than went to the store, got some ice and drinks, and dove out and got on the boat! Before hand we had got some 1/2oz - 1 1/2oz to use so we could get out baits deeper and get some bigger fish! Once the skipper got us to the spot we tip out jigs with sardines, and bonita (aka bonny) strips down, we got the the bottom, and took a few cranks up; Started jigging. Other people where bringing bonnies up. After a while my older bro hooked into a small king fish, and the first king of the the day! They got the gaff and gaffed it, and put it in the cooler! After a while of us all catching bonny after the skipper moved us to another spot! At the spot I caught a nice mutton snapper with a jig/bonny stip combo! Other people started catching yellow tail snapper, but not us (too bad, probably the tastiest off all snapper) than the bite turned off and the skipper moved us on. My little bro put on a jig with a 15" bonny strip. dropped it down and started jigging! Not five minutes later you hear the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of the drag zipping! My little bro (age 8) gave to rod to my pops. And the thing was still shaking it's head and running, and soon later the spool was just bout out of line! My dad thought it was gonna be a but smoker king fish! 20 minutes into the fight we starting seeing color! 30min into it, it got close the boat and wudda know, it was a big 100lb + shark! It make one more run and snapped the line! After that we say saw some schooling rainbow runners, we didn't get any though, However my dad did hook one, but the hook came out!

Well that's boat it, here are some pics!

My snappa!

My bros king!

Jupiter light house!

Last edited by Bassboss; 06-06-09 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Forgot some pics!
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 05:32 PM   #2
nofearengineer

Awesome snapper! I used to dream of getting out deep sea fishing when I lived in New Smyrna, but had to settle for the jetties and piers. Congratulations on such a fine fish. Jupiter inlet is a really great fishing area.
Old 06-06-09, 10:45 PM   #3
bamabassman

fantastic pictures pal. love the snapper and all the others as well. you gonna cook it, the snapper that is. and how ya gonna do it? fry, grill or what? snapper is good eating.
Old 06-07-09, 07:23 AM   #4
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
fantastic pictures pal. love the snapper and all the others as well. you gonna cook it, the snapper that is. and how ya gonna do it? fry, grill or what? snapper is good eating.
Snapper is good! We're gonna cook it whole and stuff it with crab stuffing!
Old 06-07-09, 07:41 AM   #5
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

thats nice that your little bro caught a shark!
Cavs1123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.