Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-12-09, 04:13 AM   #1
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default new reel to me

had this pinnacle jn10lhs give to me today by a con-way truck driver. i work at Ferguson and this guy comes in to pick up trailers all the time. He called me over and asked me if i could use a baitcaster. i told him yeah and he said that i always help him out so he was gonna give me a reel that he bought for his wife a few years ago that she never could figure out how to use. what do you guys think of it? i am not sure what to use it for but hey its was free. and free stuff is great. but now that i think about it, he is probably the bait monkey dressed in a conway uniform. he knows i have been looking at rods at tacklewarehouse and knew i wouldn't buy one with out a reel. well i rambling and need to go to bed so later fellas.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 08:44 AM   #2
sac

Hey it was free, use it until it breaks. Who knows it might be a great reel. I've never used one or heard of anyone using one so give us a review on it when you get a chance.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 10:33 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's free! Use it, the guy probably got it at wally world, saw the same reel yesterday! I think it's a 70$ reel! So it's probably not that good, but it works right! And who knows, it could be a cheep jewel of bass fishing!
Old 06-12-09, 11:15 AM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've heard people say Pinnacle makes good lower end reels. I've used a gander mtn reel, which I think Pinnacle makes, and it was a horrible reel. It ended up braking and I took it back. like sac said, use it till it breaks and when it does, you're not down anything since it was free.

BB
Old 06-12-09, 12:37 PM   #5
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I love the pinnacle reel I have man just take care of it and it will return the favor .

Jim
Old 06-12-09, 01:03 PM   #6
fish4942

Free unexpected gifts are the best. Spool on some inexpensive 6-8lb test, tie on a 3/8 washer and hit the back yard for some practice sessions.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 03:33 PM   #7
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Well, if you don't have a dedicated flipping and pitching stick, this may be a good choice to put use for one, it looks like it has a flipping switch.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 03:46 PM   #8
wareagledc

that little switch just disengages the reel. it don't move any line at all. is that what it's supposed to do?
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 05:23 PM   #9
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagledc View Post
that little switch just disengages the reel. it don't move any line at all. is that what it's supposed to do?

That would be correct , it kinda puts the reel in a free spool mode to say and the re locks the spool when you let go of the switch ,

Jim
Old 06-12-09, 08:36 PM   #10
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

When pitching use the switch instead of the thumb bar and you don't have to switch hands to engage the spool.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 07:48 AM   #11
bamabassman

it's for pitchng as stated derrick. nice reel. i have a pinnacle finesse. not bad for the money (mine). and it is free right? heck, throw it pal. pitch it, and flip it too.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.