Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 07-15-10, 10:12 AM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Skeet Reese new Rods and reels!

Now, most of us know about the new Victory series wright and Mcgill have now, at only 99 bucks. I'm wondering if it'll be any good.. Being made by a company that's no really know for their reels, you can't help but wonder. Skeet may be being a sell out, but than again he may really be trying to bring the budget angler a quality reel (certainly not the same quality of his revo) for a low price.... only time will tell.

Now what really looks cool to me, are the new honey comb rods. At only $99, they are so far the lowest price rod with micro guides! I wonder if the only difference between them, and the tassara, is the guides, or maybe the blank is different too? It looks like a better deal all the way around when you consider the advantages micro guides have to offer.... for only 10 bucks more!!

Check the videos on the rod and reels out at tackle warehouse.com http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/icast10.html (thanks for the link kevin! )

Edit:
More info again at tackle tour.com http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast2010skeet.html

The deal for the honey comb just got sweeter, they are made on a higher end blank too! So for ten bucks more, you get a better blank AND micro guides.

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-15-10 at 10:58 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 08:59 PM   #2
nmanley
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

THIS is the real bargain.

Only Skeet's line of micro rods feature the same $99 price point despite the fact these rods are built on a higher end blank than the original series.
Old 07-16-10, 08:32 AM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Still disappointed with his choice of a W&M reel...

The Micro guide rod interests me as long and the build quality if better than the originals. If not, still no yellow rods for me.

BB
Old 07-16-10, 07:53 PM   #4
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I might have to go yellow to check out the micro guides. Is there a list of the models that will be available?
Old 07-21-10, 12:53 PM   #5
fish_hunter
BassFishin.Com Member

I've looked at them and seen the new rods and reels.
The reels are great, I love em!! They have a nice handle and a tough drag!! My favorite part is the braking system and the ball bearings inside...SMOOTH!!!
The Honeycomb Rods are fabulous!! The blanks are ultrathin and lightweight, and the microguides are lighter weight and increased accuracy!! Since both are only $99, i figure I can get a new rod and reel for only $200+ after taxes, instead of spending over 200 for each one seperately!! I just watched a video about the rods, and I gotta get me one!! Or even two!!
Totally agree...for only $10 bucks more I get a better quality blank with microguides!! You cant go wrong with that!!
fish_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 01:13 PM   #6
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Were you one of the lucky ones who got to go to iCAST?

I believe that I will start carrying fishing items in my archery pro shop after the first of the year...mainly so I can go to Vegas to iCAST next year.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 01:37 PM   #7
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
Were you one of the lucky ones who got to go to iCAST?

I believe that I will start carrying fishing items in my archery pro shop after the first of the year...mainly so I can go to Vegas to iCAST next year.
Sounds like a plan to me Cam?
Old 07-21-10, 05:21 PM   #8
bassinbob

Make sure you do internet sales cam.
Old 07-21-10, 10:58 PM   #9
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Sounds like a plan to me Cam?

I've had a few people tell me that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Make sure you do internet sales cam.
I actually will do internet sales. I've done a lot of business via the web and it seems to work quite well. I've got set up to carry Shimano, Abu Garcia and I'm working on some others this week.

Should be able to beat most any price out there!
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 09:08 AM   #10
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
I've had a few people tell me that!

I actually will do internet sales. I've done a lot of business via the web and it seems to work quite well. I've got set up to carry Shimano, Abu Garcia and I'm working on some others this week.

Should be able to beat most any price out there!
Sweet, once you get the bassfishin.com member discount up and running, you should stay pretty busy!
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 09:48 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Sweet, once you get the bassfishin.com member discount up and running, you should stay pretty busy!
YAY, DISCOUNTS!

The new Skeet Micro guide rod is one I MAY consider, if it really is built on a better blank. I'll wait for the TT review though.

BB
Old 07-23-10, 08:53 AM   #12
CiK

Thumbs up Kids Combo

I don't know if this has been shared somewhere else, but really like the effort Skeet put into the kids combo. You don't see too many professional anglers put that kind of effort into the next generation of anglers. For that, Skeet gets a thumbs up.

It looks like a great tool for parents who don't have much experience in fishing to get their children involved. Each combo comes with a rod, reel, hat, casting plug, and video....all for $30.
CiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 03:15 PM   #13
fish_hunter
BassFishin.Com Member

I love the new strong blank on the Micro Honeycomb rod!! Its great, and I will never switch to any other rod!!
CiK : I agree 150%!! Skeet has put a lot of effort into things like the kids Jr. Combo!! I think its a great thing that you dont see any other anglers doing. Just like with the rest of his products, he dedicated good time to get a great product for kids to use!! Thumbs up, Skeet!
Old 08-02-10, 07:06 PM   #14
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_hunter View Post
I love the new strong blank on the Micro Honeycomb rod!! Its great, and I will never switch to any other rod!!
CiK : I agree 150%!! Skeet has put a lot of effort into things like the kids Jr. Combo!! I think its a great thing that you dont see any other anglers doing. Just like with the rest of his products, he dedicated good time to get a great product for kids to use!! Thumbs up, Skeet!
You've got to fish with one? How's that, I didn't think they were available yet..
Old 08-03-10, 08:22 PM   #15
RonB
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm not getting excited about them yet.
Just a year ago, when I was researching lke crazy for a new flipping rod, everyone on every forum was dying to get their hands on them...mainly from watching Skeet's Icast video about how light and sensitive he said they were.
I drove a hundred miles to see them and couldn't have been more disapointed. The weight was so noticably heavier than ever other $100 rod. I even called Wright Mcgill and asked about the weight....they told me the flipping model was 6.65ounces... compared to say the Mojo Bass at 5.3 ounces.
Just because someone is paid to say they have the most sensitive,lightest rod..doesn't mean its true.
As far as the Honeycomb blank....what is that? and if its so revolutionary....why is it so cheap.
I'm not saying these are bad rods....but I too will wait for a few reputable reviews before driving to consider one.
RonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 01:38 PM   #16
fish_hunter
BassFishin.Com Member

I have seen them from a prostaff in my area who as access to them from W&M. They are sweet!
Old 08-06-10, 03:58 AM   #17
basshunter21

Could anyone explain the theory of micro guides plz?
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 09:31 AM   #18
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshunter21 View Post
Could anyone explain the theory of micro guides plz?
Micro guides reduce line slap. The being the line line slapping on the guides and blanks. With the smaller guides it sends the line more smoothly through the guides with much less line slap. Also they are more sensitive because their's more guides in contacts with the blank. think of it like this. You're leaning on a tree, and a wood pecker flys over and pecks on the tree. You feel it. But then 12 other wood peckers fly over and start pecking the tree. You'll feel the pecks a lot better with 13 wood peckers rather then 1.
Old 08-06-10, 01:33 PM   #19
basshunter21

Thanks boss.
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.