Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-11, 10:29 PM   #1
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Always have a Camera ready

I think we all need to carry a camera/video camera never know when the hawg of a lifetime comes along or just an incredible nature scene. I’m looking at the GoPro camera…..what about you
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...ured+on+video/
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 10:47 PM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I never go fishing without my camera. I used to carry a decent camcorder on most trips but after it wet the bed I got a Flip Ultra HD...not impressed at all even though it shoots in 780 any motion shot looks jerky. However the starlings in that vid link did look almost Pixar like.
Old 11-06-11, 03:51 AM   #3
joedog

That is flat out amazing to me! If that dosn't make you appreciate nature, you mite as well stay indoors!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 07:38 AM   #4
lilmule

I do kodack easy share,yeah its fairly cheap.
Taken on the water or going to and have many more.

lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 08:10 AM   #5
Bender

My camera is almost always with me in the boat. I've used a GoPro Hero before and it is great for certain things. It has a wide angle fisheye lens so it will not catch much that is far away. It's great for point-of-view action shots though.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 08:26 AM   #6
joedog

Sorry Crankbait but I'm going to semi-hyjack. I've never took a picture of a fish in my life, fact I've taken very few pictures period. I, since joining, have really regreted this. The pictures on here are flat out amazing! So Crank and the rest of you folks have convinced me to take action. I already carry way to much equipment (at least 3 poles, enough plastics and jigs to last a month, numerous other baits plus terminal tackle plus..... ), currently shorefishing and frequently wade. So I'm looking for a compact, shock resistant, waterproof portable point and shoot that I can hitch to a laynard around my neck
Crank, I apologize for the hyjacking but I never know when to add to a thread or start a new thread. Hey if I've overstepped PM me and I'll delete and start new thread. Thanks for your thread!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 01:10 PM   #7
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Sorry Crankbait but I'm going to semi-hyjack. I've never took a picture of a fish in my life, fact I've taken very few pictures period. I, since joining, have really regreted this. The pictures on here are flat out amazing! So Crank and the rest of you folks have convinced me to take action. I already carry way to much equipment (at least 3 poles, enough plastics and jigs to last a month, numerous other baits plus terminal tackle plus..... ), currently shorefishing and frequently wade. So I'm looking for a compact, shock resistant, waterproof portable point and shoot that I can hitch to a laynard around my neck
Crank, I apologize for the hyjacking but I never know when to add to a thread or start a new thread. Hey if I've overstepped PM me and I'll delete and start new thread. Thanks for your thread!
For me a picture is the way to go. I don’t have any fish mounted. For me the picture is better. I look at the picture of me holding the bass and it takes me back to that moment!! But that’s for me. I’m really impressed with GoPro camera.
Old 11-07-11, 09:56 PM   #8
bcklash

I always have my camera ready. I ran into this VA TECH fan in Kentucy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06108.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	7317
Old 11-07-11, 09:59 PM   #9
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

somehow i just KNEW this woould come back to haunt me. hahaha!!! my phone has a pretty good camera so i use it mpst times. but i do have a cheap camera with me most times.

and ron...i am the ONLY person who could make THAT cap look awesum. BWAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

and i still have all those caps guys. love each and every one of them too. thanks again for them.
Old 11-07-11, 10:03 PM   #10
WaffleJaw

Ive had my eye on a Go Pro for awhile,not only for pictures but to also video my trips to review my techniques,casting ,hooksetting,etc....I also wanted to have a way to make rod building tutorials viddys for my site....From everything Ive researched the GoPro should be more than sufficient,plus it has a ton of features.
For now my Iphone does a nice job.
Old 11-08-11, 01:50 AM   #11
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Ive had my eye on a Go Pro for awhile,not only for pictures but to also video my trips to review my techniques,casting ,hooksetting,etc....I also wanted to have a way to make rod building tutorials viddys for my site....From everything Ive researched the GoPro should be more than sufficient,plus it has a ton of features.
For now my Iphone does a nice job.
They seem pretty cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmZ_o1Eec20
Old 11-08-11, 09:15 AM   #12
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

A camera is good think to have with you. I'm thinking about getting another, smaller camera for when I don't feel like carrying my Canon EOS around (shore fishing, on the boat in crappy weather, or in my day to day activities). I'll probably get one of the thinner Canon P&S cameras, like the Canon PowerShot ELPH.

Those GoPro cameras look interesting, I'll have to check them out.

BB
Old 11-08-11, 09:23 AM   #13
Bryan

Yeah, I totally agree. I don't go fishing without a camera, you never know what you might see or catch. I love going through old photos to get psyched up for a coming trip. Looking at pictures of a successful trip is almost like re-living the experience.

I do stills 99% of the time, but last year I bought a Tachyon XC micro so I could start getting more video. I have a couple mounts for my kayak as well as a clip to wear it on a hat for boat fishing and wading. It's small, waterproof, and practically indestructible, which is just what I was looking for.

I tested it out on a couple wading trips for smallies last Summer and was pleased with the results.

http://youtu.be/zXu1mg7g6BQ
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 12:52 PM   #14
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Yeah, I totally agree. I don't go fishing without a camera, you never know what you might see or catch. I love going through old photos to get psyched up for a coming trip. Looking at pictures of a successful trip is almost like re-living the experience.

I do stills 99% of the time, but last year I bought a Tachyon XC micro so I could start getting more video. I have a couple mounts for my kayak as well as a clip to wear it on a hat for boat fishing and wading. It's small, waterproof, and practically indestructible, which is just what I was looking for.

I tested it out on a couple wading trips for smallies last Summer and was pleased with the results.

http://youtu.be/zXu1mg7g6BQ
Man that's an awesome video!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.