Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-07-08, 10:41 AM   #1
flipp'n_stick
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1991 Johnson

Has anyone had and experience the early 90's Johnson Motors, like a 40 horse, is it a good motor, bad motor, what to look for and so on.... Thanks!!

-Flip
flipp'n_stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 05:39 AM   #2
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ask a more specific question bud and I will nail it on the head. The 40hp Johnson is a fine motor as long as it has been taken care of. I have worked on a handful of them and the only quirk that I have seen them develop is with the fuel system. What I mean is that it dont fail it just like to have a good supply of clean fuel to keep running and healthy..............course any motor does. The 50hp is more prone to have idling problems or something of that nature if you dont pay attention to thingss such as using a fuel stabilizer and leaving the gas in the motor for 6months at a time before trying to run again.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.