Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-08, 04:00 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Angry Rants!

Mom wanted to go 'gill and crappie fishin' yesterday, so I decided to fling a few lines out while she was crankin' 'em in, (or so I thought!)...

Started like this.... 3:28 PM I get home from school and hook up the boat, load the rods, (7 - ), check the tires, lights, etc., and head to Bird Lake about 20 miles southwest of my house. Pull up to the lake to see a sign that says "Boat Ramp Closed Until June 13, 2008 or Further Notice". Dang... Lake Hudson here I come..... Keep in mind this is part one of two of my rant...

4:09 PM rolls around and I enlighten Mom by saying we'll be on the water and fishin' by 5:00 PM. 31 miles later I make it to Lake Hudson and we finally float the boat. What a way to waste gas on Earth Day, eh!?!?

As were crusin' across the lake I notice my buddy's dad is out musky fishin'. Cool.... He'd said he caught one Staurday that was 39" and 18 lbs., so I might have a chance at something here...

Get Mom baited up and on the third cast precisely, a fish nails my 3/8 ounce Strike King Blue Shad spinnerbait with custom skirt. It's big, and I mean big. Bowin' over my 6'7'' Medium-Heavy Falcon 'Bass Spin' like it's a bendy straw. My 12-lb. Floroclear, (thanks for this line suggestion, Reb), was straight-up performing. My buddy's dad must see I'm hooked up as I see his trolling motor come up and as fires up the gassie from 600 yards away. When he cuts the distance down to about 200 yards he really sees I've got a good one on and throttles-up to a tad faster than the no-wake speed limit.

"Yo hoss, get the net!!"

Finally I wrastle in this 32", 8 lb. minnow, , and glady hold it up as mom snaps a few pics. Way to go with the pics, mom! Probably saw five-ten musky total crusing the shallows, (8-18" of water), spawning and fighting. As you can see, this ones adipose fin and pectoral fins are beat-up pretty bad. Tired-oput male I believe...

Too bad mom didn't catch any, but I got my first of the year, so I was stoked! Only fish of the day although mom's ole bobber and worm did get quite the workout...

Around 7:01 PM I pull up to the dock and I notice some woman and her kayak are parked 10' in front of the launch ramp. I take my time, shore the boat since her butt is right in front of the ramp, and go get my truck. I gave her about five minutes so I figured she'd be outta there come the time I ready to back in...

Well, I pull up next to her and calmy get out of my truck, stroll over to her and her vehicle and say,
"Ma'am, you're not supposed to be parking in front of the loading ramp". She replies with a sass,
"I'll be done in a few"... In return I say,
"If you'd please hurry, I'd appreciate it". To that she exclaims,
"Well don't get all rude about it! I don't appreciate you talking to me like that young man!"

Darn people.... Can't even obey a simple sign five feet in front of her car saying "No Parking Here Anytime". And on top of that, a Toyota. If it's one thing that pisses me off, its American people driving foreign cars. As Montgomery Gentry says in their song, "You Do Your Thing, I'll Do Mine
", "...I ain't gonna risk my family's safety, just to save on a little gas...".

There's my weekly rant! Anybody feel free to join-in....

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 04:08 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Weekly rant ?!?!

Nice little Musky, good timing too, the season closes saturday, Right?

Better luck to you guys next time though.

BB
Old 04-23-08, 04:14 PM   #3
Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Weekly rant ?!?!

Nice little Musky, good timing too, the season closes saturday, Right?

Better luck to you guys next time though.

BB
The season OPENS Saturday, along with bass season. We talked to the DNR Officer and he didn't have a problem with us going out there to fish for them either.

Whats the biggest one you've pulled out of there this/last year, 144?

-Buzz
Old 04-23-08, 04:24 PM   #4
Buzz Wing

To add....

My dad just got home from work and needs stitches. I guess those dern boiler crates are sharper than you expect! Spilt the ole hand right down to the bones in your palm; about an inch and a half long!

-Buzz
Old 04-23-08, 06:33 PM   #5
MIbasser

Hey Buzz, hate to say it but most Toyota's are made here in the USA, by American's..... Just like BMW's, Benz's, Nissan's, Honda's... and so on. The best part is they are opening new plants which is creating new JOBS!!! Did you know that Mazda’s are made on the same line as the all American sports car the Ford Mustang???? Most people don't. That factory in Flat Rock is actually 51% owned by Mazda (I think).... Just a couple of things to think about. Yes, I dive a GM (just dropped another $900 in her this morning) and have 91,000 miles on a two-year-old car, but I would take a Toyota any day.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 07:26 PM   #6
Buzz Wing

I knew that about the Mazda's, MI. The thing about Toyota's though is that most of the revenue goes to China/Japan, correct?

-Buzz
Old 04-23-08, 07:28 PM   #7
MIbasser

Actually no. (I suppy to Toyota so I know a little). The US dollar is so weak right now, it cost's them to much money to turn it into the Yen. So they keep it here and keep investing in their plants.

Nice fish by the way...
Old 04-23-08, 07:33 PM   #8
Buzz Wing

Thanks... You ever fish Lake Hudson? Great park and place to fish. Some say it's the greatest inland musky fishery in Michigan.

Gimme a PM sometime if you wanna hit it...

-Buzz
Old 04-23-08, 07:35 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIbasser View Post
Hey Buzz, hate to say it but most Toyota's are made here in the USA, by American's..... Just like BMW's, Benz's, Nissan's, Honda's... and so on. The best part is they are opening new plants which is creating new JOBS!!! Did you know that Mazda’s are made on the same line as the all American sports car the Ford Mustang???? Most people don't. That factory in Flat Rock is actually 51% owned by Mazda (I think).... Just a couple of things to think about. Yes, I dive a GM (just dropped another $900 in her this morning) and have 91,000 miles on a two-year-old car, but I would take a Toyota any day.

i agree 100% until gm motors, ford, dodge ect. start making trucks that can compete with the new tundra i can't blame anyone for owning a toyota. in fact when the time comes and i decide to get rid of my f-150 it will be for a new toyota tundra!
Old 04-23-08, 07:37 PM   #10
Buzz Wing

I like the looks of the Tundra, no doubt, but I'm still skeptical..

-Buzz
Old 04-23-08, 09:46 PM   #11
BigBassin144

I'll stick with Dodge and Chevy.

BB
Old 04-23-08, 10:03 PM   #12
Buzz Wing

Definitely, although GM makes a better truck than Chevy, IMO...

-Buzz
Old 04-23-08, 10:20 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Wing View Post
I like the looks of the Tundra, no doubt, but I'm still skeptical..

-Buzz
skeptical about what? i have talked to a lot of guys who own them, some are on their second one and nobody has had anything bad to say about them.
Old 04-23-08, 10:22 PM   #14
barkelypup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have a buddy with one of them new tundras and it is a sharp ride. However my Chevy Silverado gets about 7 mpgs more than the Tundra. If gas was cheap I would def look at one though. Thing will pull a mountain and stop on a dime with a 20' Ranger behind it. But the 10 mpg city and 12 mpg hwy no matter how he drives it or what he pulls is pretty sad. I can get 19 on the hwy and 15 around town in mine. I don't have problems with owning a yote though. Most are made right up the road from me in Georgetown KY.
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 10:47 PM   #15
flbassman

Quote:

-Buzz

Chevy is a GM hoss......General Motors, produces Chevy and GMC, among others.....

I like everything about Toyota's, except that they say Toyota on 'em......I ain't real picky about cars, except for my dream truck that I'm mind building right now : a 79 F-2or350 with a blown, souped up 460 on the biggest tires I can find.....Someday
Old 04-24-08, 12:55 AM   #16
MIbasser

FL, that sounds like a great truck!!

As for the Tundra it's made in Princeton, IN. I'm in the plant once a month, or more when they tell me to jump. They use a lot of my product to help build it. They actually make 60+% of the parts for that truck here in the US. A higher % than most American made cars...
Old 04-24-08, 06:19 AM   #17
crankybait

Hmm this would be a bad time to mention the types of car my family drives...
Old 04-24-08, 06:51 AM   #18
BigBassin144

Quote:

-Buzz
GM makes Chevy.

BB
Old 04-24-08, 08:01 AM   #19
Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
GM makes Chevy.

BB
I know that.. I meant to say GMC is a tad in the 'higher-end' of the line than Chevy. Whoops...

-Buzz
Old 04-24-08, 08:09 AM   #20
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait View Post
Hmm this would be a bad time to mention the types of car my family drives...

Don't worry Cranky, we won't judge you When it comes time to drive, tell your folks you want the biggest, baddest bogger around
Old 04-24-08, 09:20 AM   #21
JB

Default buzz, rant this.........fishing and politics, technology

I dread the day when I stop learning even the smallest of tasks, including bass fishing.
Will there be a time when I can no longer reset the clock in my truck at daylight savings time? Will the day come when I can't work the DVD player, the latest version of the ipod or even my "new fangled" alarm clock? Maybe it will be inevitable- but that day is not today.
Not all of my fears come from someday not being able to use the latest piece of technology, but someday not being the type of person who will read a book I fundamentally disagree with, or becoming a person who no longer learns the art of good conversation, or becoming someone who spends more time at work than at life.
I don't mind telling you that I am somewhat proud that I own (and use) an ipod, have begun writing a fishing journal and occasionally blog. But, several weeks ago, I agreed to go bass fishing with my friend Denny. As many of you know, I believe fishing is quite possibly the greatest activity on the planet. It brings back childhood memories of getting up at o'dark thirty, trudging into the woods to sit in the cold and the dark. If I wanted to sit in the cold and in the dark I would venture more often to empty movie theaters. And then there is the memory of inevitably falling into the lake, river, stream, creek, gutter or puddle on these fishing trips. Most of the time the only thing that was caught was me as I was being "fished" out of the water. Needless to say love bass fishing. I agreed to go that day because it seemed like a good bonding experience and I did not want to be known as the type of person not willing to try new things.
On most days I fish on Brookville Lake as the sun illuminated that amazing blue sky and learned that bass fishing is not anything like my experiences as a child. With a new rod and reel I began casting my line into the lake, and just knew, deep within my heart that I looked just like Brad Pitt in A River Runs Through It. I also prided myself in doing something new. Not only was I learning how to do something new I was learning lessons that could no longer be taught to me by the generations who have long since passed in my family. It was through new friends that I was learning to appreciate an aspect of life I all too often do not.
nce that day I have been bass fishing several times. Each time it has been a great experience with one small exception... youths bragging bout thier equipment.
Dont get me wrong, I love to catch bass. Often times I find myself casting a line that has a new lure to me or the water I'm on.. I can hear the fish mocking me as they see my new bait fall into the water. On occasion I think they have even bitten the end of the line just for their amusement. Each time however, I leave with a sense that if more of the world stood in a river casting a line we just might be better off. And, I am learning the hardest lesson for me to grasp; that this life is about learning- learning how to be a loyal friend, a good companion, and a bass fishing buddy.
I fish and try not to dwell on gas prices and what the nation has become since the 911 attacks...

Many years ago today our nation came under attack. I stood in horror in front of my television too shocked and afraid to even sit.
I called everyone I could think of- not because they were in immediate danger but because I needed to hear their voice and tell them that I love them.
I can't remember if I worked that day. I don't remember going to a job site- but I do remember the knot in my stomach. Who on earth could ever be so evil, so filled with hate to do such a thing.
Since that day I have found myself watching endless 9/11 shows on cable. Each time I tell myself not to watch- it still makes me sick. But, sometimes for hours I watch. I even read the 9/11 Commission Report.
I am compelled to write in support of my country, its armed forces and my president. As I watched him on TV I was reminded that inspite of his low approval ratings- he stands in deep conviction. Many have called him a liar and accused him of all sorts of blatant deception. But, I believe in him. Not for one day have I envied him and the decisions he has had to make. I am at times confused why we in this country are always looking for someone else to blame other than the ones truly responsible.
I am not naive enough to believe that this countries foreign policies have not been to the detriment of the rest of the world. Every nation acts to serve and protect its own interests. But, I also know that we are the world's most giving nation. Over a year ago when Iran experienced a devastating earth quake, our country was the first to offer assistance. Despite being accused of only supporting Israel in the middle east, this country has been the largest financial aid contributor to the Palestinian people. When much of the pacific rim was devastated by the tsunami it was our people that contributed the most to help in the recovery. Since hurricane Katrina struck our government has committed over 1.5 billion dollars to rebuild and in additon, two thirds of American households have financially contributed to the relief effort.
We may be the disdain of much of the world, but we are also the best hope for liberating the oppressed, healing the wounded, protecting the children, educating the poor and calling those who think they have it all to a higher standard.
May God use America to bless the world. "To whom much is given, much is required."

wtl, batter up, LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:59 AM   #22
Lilmoosecountry

There is an actual law that most people are not aware of. As of Jan.1999 all trucks in the US have be made in the US. Now if you want talk about foriegn car comapnies. Crysler is owned by MERCEDES. I support my troops all the way JB. But IRAQ is a distraction. The war on terror needs to go back & finish the Job in Afganistan. WE need to wrap both wars quickley. It is now costing trillions of dollars that amercians can't aford. With layoff's & Jobs going over sea's. We need to keep our nose out of world affairs and focous on US as a country. If the means shutting our self off from the rest of the world than that's what needs to be done. We are the largest consumer in the world. If we put our buying power back in american goods our country will once again flourish. The rest of the world will not get rich & reap off of our buying power. Start with fishing BUY American where ever you can. I know there's not much of that. When it comes to fishing buy from US Reel or Ardent first. Don't even consider a shimano. My next one will be an ardent. Besides i support OZARK/US made goods already when i can.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 04-24-08 at 10:05 AM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 10:29 AM   #23
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

JB...I hear you! It seems like "We the people" has been lost in translation. Can you imagine what our fore fathers would do if they realized what our government has turned out to become...the idea behind the constitution was to give all "Americans" an equal shake, but that's becoming increasingly more difficult with the crap that gets passed in the whitehouse ...how in the world that the "amnesty bill" even came up for discussion is beyond me..today's Americans are gettin' the shaft. Unlike other countries the American government is not scared of the people, they take our money and put it into a brokedown social security and soon-to-be bankrupt medicare..two things that the average american will never benefit from...but that's okay let's give it away to the illegals. We spend billions for space exploration and hire the most intelligent people in the world to figure out complex space time problems, but we hire morons to run the country. Let's close NASA for a week and put all their scientists in a room and solve some issues that we have right here at home. The problem is that every single member of congress has his/her own agenda (to put more money in their own pockets..I know this for a fact) and they have forgotten how they get paid...from me & you, they work for us...I believe it's time for a modern day "Tea Party"...forget the million man march..I want a 10 million man march right up to the lawn of the whitehouse, maybe then they'll remember who's in charge..."We the People"!! OOOHH..I'm gettin' carried away...where's my meds
Old 04-24-08, 03:50 PM   #24
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Crysler is owned by MERCEDES.
I actually belive Daimler Chrysler owns Mercedes. I may be wrong, but I think that is how it is.

BB
Old 04-24-08, 04:50 PM   #25
MississippiBoy

10-4 on that one, BB.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.