Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-09, 10:19 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Stratos boats closing up???

i heard today that genmar is having heavy layoffs in the stratos department. here is a link and if you watch the video it sounds like they will be out of business by june, due to the economy and banks not lending money. i also heard that ranger is going to start doing there own financing.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/18513666/detail.html
Old 01-20-09, 11:10 PM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's really bad news. I know my local dealer is pretty slow too.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 11:19 PM   #3
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thats terrible news.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-09, 11:20 PM   #4
ky southern

sad part is there will probaly be more join em.but just like autos the prices have got wayyyyyyyy out of hand.dont want to step on any toes for each his own but why would anybody finance a boat for like 15 years.im glad for the guys that can afford the 50,000 dollar boats,but my butthole got tite when i signed the 12,500 note for my basstracker.

on a side note,the wife ask me tonite why i wasnt watching the presidents big party,i replied with the way the country is right now i dont need to watch out new president blow millions on a party for himself.
Old 01-21-09, 12:33 AM   #5
Nitro 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky southern View Post
sad part is there will probaly be more join em.but just like autos the prices have got wayyyyyyyy out of hand.dont want to step on any toes for each his own but why would anybody finance a boat for like 15 years.im glad for the guys that can afford the 50,000 dollar boats,but my butthole got tite when i signed the 12,500 note for my basstracker.

on a side note,the wife ask me tonite why i wasnt watching the presidents big party,i replied with the way the country is right now i dont need to watch out new president blow millions on a party for himself.
Party for what reason when people are losing their jobs. I know it's a big deal but with times like this a good Pres. would of cut back to show we don't need stuff like that. Said to here about that boat compaines are starting to go under. Hope they work together to merge and stay a float unlike the auto makers.
Nitro 640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 01:43 AM   #6
REDBULLCUBAN

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

i could prolly get a nice deal on a boat then huh!?!?!!?!?!!!!!!
Old 01-21-09, 10:30 AM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

This may be why tracker is offering a 12,000 boat at these prices. Yes i have eye on one as we speak. Just need time to talk with a sales rep at BPS. http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3109
Old 01-21-09, 11:47 AM   #8
Olebiker
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
He had nothing to do with how much it cost. The fact that so many people wanted to be a part of it created some really expensive security requirements.
Olebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 11:48 AM   #9
JB

Welcome to the forum Olebiker!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 11:53 AM   #10
Olebiker
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
This may be why tracker is offering a 12,000 boat at these prices. Yes i have eye on one as we speak. Just need time to talk with a sales rep at BPS. http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3109
Well, that's not a $12,000 boat. It only has a 25 hp outboard.

There's nothing wrong with it for that price, though. I am still fishing out of a 1984 Bass Tracker Tournament TX. I replaced the original 50 hp Mercury with a new one this past summer.

Last edited by Olebiker; 01-21-09 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-21-09, 12:11 PM   #11
Nitro 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Make sure you do a search for a last years model. They will ship it to your local BPS. I got an email a week ago from the local dealer saying they had drop the price on the Nitro I was looking at $1,000.
Old 01-21-09, 05:45 PM   #12
Nitro 640

Olebiker,
welcome to the site. Just wondering how big in that bass in your pic?
Old 01-21-09, 07:02 PM   #13
zooker

yeah bender i am bumed by this also..

kysouth
they will finace a $50,000 ranger for 20+ years.. $525 a month....sounds like a house morgauge don't it...

zooker
Old 01-21-09, 07:47 PM   #14
bamabassman

zooker my house note ain't that much. another reason i ain't another rig...EVER probably. lol.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 07:52 PM   #15
Nitro 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
yeah bender i am bumed by this also..

kysouth
they will finace a $50,000 ranger for 20+ years.. $525 a month....sounds like a house morgauge don't it...

zooker
That is why I bought mine used for a 1/3 of the cost new. Ya, I need to replace some things like tires and the rollers but come on a couple dollars compared to thousands new goes a long way. My bro on the other hand bought a new Triton Explore 17ft. Has the money and still really wanted a 20 footer but knew it was to much for him. Get what you can afford and buy that dream boat when the time comes.
Old 01-21-09, 08:32 PM   #16
Nitro 640

Quote:
i can honestly say i feel just as proud or big at the lake with my new basstracker pro team 175 as the guy in a brand new ranger.
Same here. The only thing I think about is how the other guy brought more pounds in then I did, or caught more fish then I did.
It's great to have a real nice boat but if you can't get a fish on the line or in the boat what good is it? I will say I would like a big 200hp or so, that way I could get my need for speed but those motors cost more than car!
Old 01-21-09, 09:05 PM   #17
bamabassman

nitro, go used on the motor. you'd be surprised at what you can get one for from a fell who wants a bigger motor.
Old 01-21-09, 09:06 PM   #18
Nitro 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
nitro, go used on the motor. you'd be surprised at what you can get one for from a fell who wants a bigger motor.
Where should I look?
Old 01-21-09, 10:49 PM   #19
Olebiker
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro 640 View Post
Olebiker,
welcome to the site. Just wondering how big in that bass in your pic?
9 pounds 6 ounces. I caught it this past Labor Day on a white Terminator spinnerbait.
Old 01-21-09, 10:56 PM   #20
bamabassman

there are a lot of places you can look for a motor. boat trader.com, your local outboard shops, paper.LOTS of places.
Old 01-21-09, 10:59 PM   #21
Olebiker
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
for sure ya dont think all the props for the singers,stages,clothing,parades,food,travel,lodgin g,security,gas,was paid for by the atendees do ya.it went on for 3 or 4 days,just the way the democrats are,say how our country is in a hell of a shape and going broke and then throw a party for themsleves.
You said that Obama threw an expensive party for himself. What I am telling you is tht he had nothing to do with the cost of the inauguration. The man had a lot more on his plate than planning a party.
Old 01-21-09, 11:22 PM   #22
Nitro 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
9 pounds 6 ounces. I caught it this past Labor Day on a white Terminator spinnerbait.
I need to go to FL. LOL
Old 01-21-09, 11:43 PM   #23
bcklash

We have a 1994 Dyna Trak with a 1994 Evinrude 175 HP that has a clicking noise, but we are like you guys we are proud of our 15 yr old boat.
Old 01-22-09, 11:34 AM   #24
Olebiker
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
it does sound good,and im gonna go out on a limb and say you are a democratim done with this conversation.thanks for the laugh
I have no party affiliation since I can't abide either of the two major parties. I just hate to see a guy abused by conjecture.

By the way, a little capitalization and punctuation would make your posts a lot easier to understand.
Old 01-22-09, 11:43 AM   #25
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
I have no party affiliation since I can't abide either of the two major parties. I just hate to see a guy abused by conjecture.

By the way, a little capitalization and punctuation would make your posts a lot easier to understand.

Dont you know obama is the devil !! He spends all the money, socializes america, is the anti-christ, wants our guns and fishing poles, and anyone who doesn't agree with that is a gay liberal democrat something or other.

*by the way Im not associated with either party myself. I actually read the news, pay attention to current events, look at my sourroundings with my own two eyes, and am not blinded by any 1 political party agenda. My comment was purely scarcastic.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.