Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 06-29-12, 08:18 PM   #151
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmanley View Post
Thanks, I won't but it feels good now!
You are kicking some major butt in this one. Nice job.
Old 06-29-12, 11:21 PM   #152
nmanley
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

Thank you Jrob, just half way so far. Fingers crossed they don't do like most of my fish and disappear.
Old 06-30-12, 12:39 PM   #153
MississippiBoy

I've been sorta-kinda keeping up with the Elites, but I really haven't been interested in the Fantasy league, for some reason. That being said, I hope nobody has Alton Jones today....he ran up onto a sandbar, couldn't get it the boat off himself, so he had to ask his marshal for help. He reported that to the tourney officials, and they had to disqualify him.
Sucks for him, but he did the right thing in reporting it.
Old 06-30-12, 01:14 PM   #154
nmanley

I like Alton very much (follow his Faceboook) and was very glad to see him win earlier this year. You can bet he will always do the honorable thing.
Old 06-30-12, 01:17 PM   #155
Jrob78

I agree, Alton is an honorable man, he represents the sport as well as anyone. I'm glad that happened today and not yesterday. He wasn't in contention to win the tournament and he will still collect a check.
Old 06-30-12, 09:19 PM   #156
nmanley

This is a first for me. My guys can only lose points for me after today. Only the top 12 will change tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.
Old 06-30-12, 09:25 PM   #157
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmanley View Post
This is a first for me. My guys can only lose points for me after today. Only the top 12 will change tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.
You had a heck of a tournament! Even if they do lose ground, it won't be much. You also get bonus points for the heaviest single fish of the tournament and the biggest bag of the tournament, as of right now, you have both of those. It's all going to come down to Oneida, I'm going to have to do really well and you're going to have to do really badly.
Old 06-30-12, 09:36 PM   #158
nmanley

Wow, that's pretty neat. I didn't know how all that played out.

Hey Joe, has it got HOT out your way yet? In the 100's here. I'm putting TWO umbrella's in the boat for next tournament.
Old 06-30-12, 09:43 PM   #159
Jrob78

Oh yeah, it's hot here. We usually start getting up in the 90's in May and it goes into October. We've been in the 100's for the last couple of weeks.
Old 07-01-12, 05:03 PM   #160
Jrob78

Congratulations to JVD, winner of the Green Bay Challenge. He had a great tournament to pull out the win. Martens and Palaniuk made it tough on him but he caught the biggest bag of the tournament today.

I'm not a big JVD fan but it's always cool to see a guy get his first win. His family was there, he got emotional and Kevin presented him with the trophy. It was a cool moment.
Old 07-01-12, 05:32 PM   #161
nmanley

Heck yeah, it was nice to see him get the win and now a shot at the Classic. Fact that Brandon and he are friends made it good too.
Kinda felt bad for Aaron Martens as he hasn't won in a LONG time and is close a lot.

It's a real shame the Wisconsin DNR limited these anglers when all other tournament types are not.

On to a lake a lot of these guys have fished before and good luck to all the guys in our Fantasy league.
Old 07-01-12, 05:57 PM   #162
Jrob78

I agree, he and Brandon being such good friends and knowing they were happy for each other was really cool. Those 2 guys are the future of the sport, or a big part of it.

This tournament could have been so much more than it was, even though it was still pretty good.

1 more to go before the post season starts. We have a lot of history to go over in picking for this one. They fished Oneida in '07, '08 and '09 and had a Open there last year. Our Fantasy season is riding on this one as is the AOY race and the Rookie of the Year race. Should be a great tournament. I just wish it wasn't 2 months away. Good Luck!

Last edited by Jrob78; 07-01-12 at 06:45 PM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 06:40 PM   #163
Jrob78

Well Nolan, I don't know if you've checked the Fantasy standing since they were updated but you gained almost 100 more points with the bonuses. It's going to take a miracle to make up 300 points in 1 tournament. Congratulations, you haven't won yet but it's going to be tough to beat you.
Old 07-01-12, 10:41 PM   #164
nmanley

I haven't looked yet but since I'm starting 3rd shift tonight I'll have plenty of time.

That's the thing about this type of deal, anything can happen in fishing so while the picks based on favorites are ok it's still almost a crap shoot based on the conditions and unforeseeable bad luck of the anglers. I just hope to be solid in my picks. I felt like JVD was going to be my wild card and he paid off... this time.

Thanks and good luck to you and the rest also.
Old 07-27-12, 09:36 PM   #165
kennethdaysale

Default Dominator

Well I happened to log on to our Fantasy Fishing Group just now to remind myself of next tx date and check everybodys standings. I was amazed to see that I'm Dominating the DOJO!! (welp at the least the DOJO comprised of all the players that have missed at least one whole tx)

Sadly as far as the DOJO of us that haven't missed a week I have been forced to tap out. Suck hind teet. Many of these tx results have been crushing defeats and disapointments. Very humbling and demoralizing, I can only imagine the gut wrenching trauma that lot's of those pro's must face each year.
Old 08-26-12, 04:51 PM   #166
Jrob78

Congratulations to Boyd Duckett, winner of the Ramada Championship on Oneida! He edged Randy Howell by 6oz, Howell only brought in 4 fish today. Boyd got it done today.

Congratulations to nmanley, nice job! I don't know what the final scores are yet but you won by a good margin. Send me your address and I will send you your winnings. Thanks for playing everyone!
Old 08-26-12, 07:57 PM   #167
nmanley

I think this is the first win for Duckett since he won the Classic. Was pulling for Howell too as he's overcome a constant physical issue to fish competitively.

Thanks for the congrats. As in fishing, in Fantasy league it's better to be lucky than good. I had good time following the fishing and competing with a good group of guys.

PM coming.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.