Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-06, 01:54 AM   #1
LoneStarAngler07
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07
Smile Tournament Choice rods

So i saw my friend using one of my rods and he was constantly asking to use my setup cause i was trying to break in my Daiwa Procaster rod i had just picked up. well i agreed and i was very suprised by the feel of this rod. i mean ive seen em at academy for 15 bucks and i have never used one but it felt damn good! and i felt every strike like i was using a ugly stik lite...it was odd, but i was wondering if these are any good, i dont think they are considering you get what you pay for but has anyone used one of these, and i think it was just me cause i hadnt been to the lake in three months...
Old 06-27-06, 08:40 AM   #2
Tnbasser
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tnbasser

If you catch a fish on it and it does not break, then you got your 15.00 worth out of it.
And you made referance to an ugly stick lite...Is that a joke?

I owned a procaster, and no, they are not any good, IMO.
Tnbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 02:12 AM   #3
LoneStarAngler07

Well ive had mine for like three months and ive caught many bass, and the rod feels great...but im still thinking of buying a new setup for this summer...got any reccomendations
Old 06-28-06, 09:21 AM   #4
Tnbasser

all depends on what you want to spend, what specs you like, etc. I could recommend several things, but have to know what kind of budget you got.
Old 06-28-06, 01:20 PM   #5
LoneStarAngler07

$100 - $200. medium action spinning rod. spinning reel. is tht good or do u need specifics
Old 06-28-06, 02:09 PM   #6
Tnbasser

I got to thinking about the earlier post. I hope you did not misunderstand my meaning. I don't like the Procaster, but some people do. Some people don't like the Berkley Cherrywood rod, but for its purpose, its a good rod. If it works for you, thats what counts.

as far as rods I would personally recommend.
Well, the best rods I have found are those made by CrazyFish Rods http://www.crazyfishrods.com
These are great rods, at any price.As good as any G loomis or St. Croix i have ever used. Their drop shot rod is the best i have found.

If you like something a little less pricey, Then go with Falcon Low Riders. These are also a great rod. I just think the CF have better blanks and componants.

Fenwicks are good. See, you have to figure out what you like, then go from there.

And FYI, because it has been hinted at, I do not have any kind of sponsorship with CrazyFish, I just think the rods really are that good.

Tight lines and big fish
Old 06-28-06, 05:12 PM   #7
senko

for a reel,try a shimano 2000
Old 06-28-06, 10:05 PM   #8
LoneStarAngler07

yea i hav a shimano 1400
Old 06-29-06, 09:51 PM   #9
Mitcher
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to Mitcher

newb question

What makes a $200 setup better than my $40 combo rod and real. I know they are better im just intrested in what causes them to be better. I never realized there was so much to fishing i thought it was a boring sport that i would never want to do, and now i see its far from it.
Mitch
Mitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 04:41 AM   #10
LoneStarAngler07

well like the saying goes...you get what you pay for, the purpose of the setups may be the same, but the quality and lifetime is what counts, your 40$ rod may snap when you score a lunker...and then on the other hand, if youre running a solid st.croix rod...that wont happen and youll land that bass and find the sport of bass fishing even more fun. the 40$ setup will not last as long as the more pricy just because u dont get the best quality at a low price, and if you really find the sport is what youre looking for...then you will have no problem spending top dollar for hte quality setup youre looking for... i hope i helped.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.