Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-10, 04:47 PM   #1
LSLURES
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Jigs for 2010

Jigs for 2010 I made, this is what my hobby is during this awfully cold winter tell me what you think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	045.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	6053   Click image for larger version

Name:	049.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	6054   Click image for larger version

Name:	051.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	6055   Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	493.8 KB
ID:	6056   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	6057  

Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	6058   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	6059  

Last edited by LSLURES; 12-15-10 at 11:42 AM. Reason: no reason
LSLURES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 09:08 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

First off, your jigs look great, and those are some nice fish.

However, the guys here aren't interested in buying from someone who is here solely to sell product. And whether that was your intention or not, making your first post here as advertisement for your jigs makes it seem that way.

Spend some time getting acquainted with the forum and it's many great members first. Once guys get to know you, they'll be more willing to buy from you, and even recommend you to others.

There are a few guys here who make great jigs, including myself. However, most are long time members and are active and productive members of the forum. And even then, we don't really advertise our products. Like I said before, there are quite a few guys who will readily recommend me and the other custom lure makers when someone asks. You've just got to build up a good reputation first.

I hope this post doesn't sound discouraging or mean, I'm just trying to help start you on the right path here. Because this is a great group of guys, but we don't care for B.S. and will promptly deal with it when it comes up.

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 12-14-10 at 09:53 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 09:44 PM   #3
bamabassman

Thank you bb. I was about to say something similier, but it would have been a little meaner so i didn't say nuthin at all till i calmed down.

LS.........bb is dead on buddy. We aren't hating in any way. We see alot of folks doing this sort of thing along with bots and so forth. So i was a little peeoed when i first read your thread, sorry about that. I am not that kind of person. And therefore i didn't post anything. But please re-read what bb wrote and do what he says. It'll go a long ways towards getting us to trust you ok? No bad feelings or nothing.

We look forward towards your input. And welcome to the site.
Old 12-14-10, 10:02 PM   #4
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
But please re-read what bb wrote and do what he says.
Anthony,you should quote this into your signature,hahaha!

LS,I have to agree with whats been said as well....Making your first post as an advertisement is viewed poorly by most..Taking time to participate in the forum and actually introducing yourself shows a much better etiquette.
My first impression ,after reading this post, was that were not gonna hear much out of ya unless its more advertising...Which if thats all you do,you probably wont be very successful.
Some come back and tell us more about yourself and welcome!
Old 12-14-10, 10:23 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman
But please re-read what bb wrote and do what he says.
Anthony,you should quote this into your signature,hahaha!
How's that?

BB
Old 12-14-10, 11:19 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
First off, your jigs look great, and those are some nice fish.

However, the guys here aren't interested in buying from someone who is here solely to sell product. And whether that was your intention or not, making your first post here as advertisement for your jigs makes it seem that way.

Spend some time getting acquainted with the forum and it's many great members first. Once guys get to know you, they'll be more willing to buy from you, and even recommend you to others.

There are a few guys here who make great jigs, including myself. However, most are long time members and are active and productive members of the forum. And even then, we don't really advertise our products. Like I said before, there are quite a few guys who will readily recommend me and the other custom lure makers when someone asks. You've just got to build up a good reputation first.

I hope this post doesn't sound discouraging or mean, I'm just trying to help start you on the right path here. Because this is a great group of guys, but we don't care for B.S. and will promptly deal with it when it comes up.

BB
As another jig maker I couldnt' agree more.
Old 12-15-10, 12:06 AM   #7
Tavery5

Welcome, good looking jigs. I think BB spoke for all of us...
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 10:10 AM   #8
LSLURES
BassFishin.Com Member

Sorry guys I didn't know I would spark such a fire. I was just trying to show off what I had done and get some others opinions to see if it was worth being serious about! I truly am sorry and I apologize. I have been looking for a good forum for a long time and it seems you guys stick up well for each other and are very opinionated which is great! Im gonna tell ya a little about myself. I am 21 years old and im a nursing major. On the side im making some lures but 90% of my time is medical. I enjoy fishing and im a die hard deer hunter so i have a hobby year around! nothing better than the great outdoors IMO. I actually was blessed with the opportunity to fish with aaron martens in the 2006 jr. world championship. He was my boat capt. at the time and it was absolutely great. You truly dont know how great those guys are until you see it in person, it was unreal. The reason i got to fish with him was because i won the state championship for ohio in 2005 and therefore moved on and went to fish the jr. classic. Some other things are that I have a great family, I have a great woman, and that is what matters most. I truly am sorry about sounding like a salesman, i honestly didnt mean to push anyone's buttons! take care everyone
Old 12-15-10, 11:08 AM   #9
BigBassin144

I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Like I said, there's a lot of great guys here. The rules aren't as strict as other forums (your first post would have been deleted and you would have gotten a warning on most sites). However, with a more laid back environment, it leaves us to self-moderate.

It seems like you love fishing and are pretty laid back, so you'll fit in fine here. Once you become more active, people will buy from you and recommend you if you provide a good product (which it looks like you do). And if you have any questions for me or the other lure makers, I'm sure we'd all be willing to help.

So, welcome to the forum! Your new intro was great, and I personally look forward to your contributions to site.

BB
Old 12-15-10, 11:15 AM   #10
LSLURES
BassFishin.Com Member

I appreciate you being so nice and understanding. So what are some of everyone's hobby's this time of year? Also to the jig makers, i use powder paint and air brush, but someone said to cure them in the oven at 350 degrees. Is that true? Thanks guys
Old 12-15-10, 11:40 AM   #11
LSLURES
BassFishin.Com Member

hey big bassin, i know you mentioned to someone earlier in another post about hooking him up with a weedless football head jig mold......i need a replacement, do you know of any for a cheaper price than $45. Thanks!
Old 12-15-10, 11:49 AM   #12
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLURES View Post
I appreciate you being so nice and understanding. So what are some of everyone's hobby's this time of year? Also to the jig makers, i use powder paint and air brush, but someone said to cure them in the oven at 350 degrees. Is that true? Thanks guys
I think almost all of us like to partake in tackle collecting during the winter. I also spend the winter playing around with lure making, a tiny bit of rod building (most fantasizing about building rods that actually look good, lol), and my other main hobby: photography. I do my own product shots, as well as some shots of other lures for fun and practice.

As for curing the powder paint, I do cure mine at 300-350 for about 20 minutes. It helps to make the powder paint stronger and more chip resistant.

Quote:
hey big bassin, i know you mentioned to someone earlier in another post about hooking him up with a weedless football head jig mold......i need a replacement, do you know of any for a cheaper price than $45. Thanks!
http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/do-it-w...724034346.aspx That's the mold I use, not $45, but not a whole lot cheaper.

BB
Old 12-15-10, 12:15 PM   #13
Tavery5

Great introduction, winning a state title in any sport in a great accomplishment, sounds like you will have allot to contribute. You are gonna love it here, it is different than any other web forum out there, we are all friends here, and as you have seen, respect one another. Relax, have fun, and share with us...
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 07:27 PM   #14
bamabassman

than you ls for the post you made in regard to our posts. WELCOME TO THE BEST SITE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB! now that all is corrected, you sir are forgiven i am sure. we are a tight bunch, and we stick up for our brethren in tackle,hahaha. congrats on oyur chosen feild of profesion too. your jigs do look good by the way. stick around and oyu'll get addicted like the rest of us, haha.

now anthony.......................that has GOT to be the funniest thing i ever saw. but there is a price for my quotes ya know. you got my address..............i can't wait to see that first check, BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 12-15-10, 07:46 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

I don't forgive you!

Just kidding! Thanks for understanding where we are all coming from and for formally introducing yourself. It sounds like you will be right at home here with the rest of us. Jump right in and get your feet wet, just watch out for the guy they call bamabassman last I knew he was wondering around the house in a helmet and eating all of his crayons lol.
Old 12-15-10, 07:56 PM   #16
bamabassman

well at least i don't play with big horned STEERS. HAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!
Old 12-15-10, 09:15 PM   #17
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
now anthony.......................that has GOT to be the funniest thing i ever saw. but there is a price for my quotes ya know. you got my address..............i can't wait to see that first check, BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
What quote, I never quoted you. What in the world are you talking about?!

BB
Old 12-15-10, 10:31 PM   #18
bamabassman

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh sneeky little devil huh? ok, i gotcha pal. lmao!!!
Old 12-16-10, 10:58 AM   #19
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My powder paint needs 25 minutes at 350 degrees for the cure. Don't do in your oven, but get a toaster oven and use in a well ventilated area. I have a box fan in the garage window exhausting the air when welding soft plastics with a soldering iron and also running the toaster oven when curing. Using the kitchen oven is a mistake, IMO.
Good Fishing, Mac
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 11:47 AM   #20
Bassboss

Biggin's is just mad cause your jigs look better than his!! haha jk

But great looking jigs man, nice fish too!
Old 12-16-10, 12:11 PM   #21
LSLURES
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks a lot for all the great comments! I wondered if the oven in my house would be ok to do this? I read some things about it smoking and stuff and i don't want to ruin a $700 appliance to cook jig heads lmao! You guys are great and I can tell there are good times to come! Any deer hunters out there?
Old 12-16-10, 12:59 PM   #22
LSLURES
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks a lot for all the great comments! I wondered if the oven in my house would be ok to do this? I read some things about it smoking and stuff and i don't want to ruin a $700 appliance to cook jig heads lmao! You guys are great and I can tell there are good times to come! Any deer hunters out there?
Old 12-16-10, 04:42 PM   #23
cassidyta

Welcome aboard. You have earned a lot of respect for handling the statements on your initial post in the way that you did.
Nice looking jigs.
Old 12-16-10, 05:26 PM   #24
LSLURES
BassFishin.Com Member

I appreciate that cassidyta, I honestly came off the wrong way and was more or less wanting to know peoples opinions on my jigs. I appreciate the chance to explain myself, i can tell you all are a great group of guys! great to be part of
Old 12-16-10, 11:31 PM   #25
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
You need to be careful with lead. Under no circumstances should you put it an oven that you use for food. Like Mac said, get a toaster oven and use it just for this and nothing else. They are pretty cheap, easy to use, and they heat up a lot faster than a cooking oven.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.