Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-09, 06:31 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 13" bass makes announcement

"I want me some Horny Toad!!!!!" Yep, that's what I heard when the bass jumped up through the grass mat to grab the toad today at 1:30 PM announcing that topwater is officially on here in VA.

Took a mental health sick day and got out for a mid-week gathering on the river. Started the day with a 3lb bass on the 5th cast on the RC. Caught a 3.5 a little later on the same drop off on the Kaotic Potomac Punisher w/ Knucklehead Shad skirt. Headed into a creek and found one humpy back keeper on a laydown on the chatterbait. Made a run to the back of the same creek and lost a keeper at the boat when my landing and netting combo skills failed to work together . I was fishing alone and had no netman . Once again on the chatterbait. Picked up the fourth keeper on a Paca Craw in a small pad field. Fished a lot of different cover today and found fish almost everywhere but I was in need of a 15" fish. Ran to small feeder creek and hit my best fish of the day, 4.5 lbs, on the same Paca in some more pads. Fished the creek and came back to the same section of pads and culled 1/4" and released my smallest. Finished the day with 14.3lbs enough to pull 2nd place out of 28 guys (Damn...don't people work anymore??? ).

Enjoy the pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	090520_132749.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	3606   Click image for larger version

Name:	090520_070235.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	3607   Click image for larger version

Name:	090520_115825.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	3608  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.