Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-10, 06:37 AM   #1
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My pond fishin Tackle Box

Thought I would share what it is I take when i hit the local small lakes to fish. I hait teh idea of luggin around my whole tackle box, especially in the summer at these high pressure lakes where things like my crankbait collection are just dead weight. So when wade fishing the salt water in TX I bought i small tackle box...
http://www.foreverlastonline.com/zoo...ges/new010.JPG

And this is what i carry...

Terminal Tackle.....

Round Head and Football Head shakey head jigs in a few sizes mostly 1/4oz or under
Couple 1/4 oz bullet weights and some drop shot weights
2-3/8 Jigs in Green Pumpkin with Eakins Craw Trailers
EWG Hooks in 2/0-5/0
Gammy Wide Gap Finesse Hooks
Gammy Drop Shot Hooks

Soft Plastics (3 each of the following)
Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver in Watermelon/Red Flake
Yum Wooly Bugs in Green Pumpkin
Yum Houdini Worms 6" in Green Pumpkin
Yum Ribbontail 7" in Black Neon
Powerworm 10" in Blue Fleck
Power Bait Shakey Worms in Watermelon/Red Flake and Black both 5"
Some random cheapo shakey worms in 3"-5" in colors that i like...
5" Yum Dingers in Watermelon, Watermelon Pearl Laminate, and Green Pumpkin
Bass Pro XPS Quiver Round tail minnow for drop shotting in Green pumpkin and Watermelon Ice

Then for those days where they may be active...

Black Zara Puppy
Small White Buzzbait
Small White Spinner Bait
3/8 oz Cordell Spot in Crawfish color
Rebel Crawfish Crank in Rootbeer/ Chartreuse

As you can tell i fish lakes with zero shad populations so i have to imitate lots of crawfish and bluegill...

So tell me what you guys think....
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 08:14 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I fish a reservoir with no shad at all (not too many shad around these parts anyways) and Bluegill, Rootbeet Chartreuse, and Tennessee Shad are my most productive crankbait colors. (Sorry, if I just caused you to add to your crankbait collection! )

Sounds pretty good though. I hate lugging my tackle bag around, but can't seem to stop, lol.

BB
Old 07-28-10, 04:36 PM   #3
bassinbob

That's not enough for me. I can park very close to the pond I fish. I just took everything out of my truck today to get ready for my vacation. I had 8 rods, one big tackle bag, two small bags, 3 plano trays, and a shoebox full of stuff. When I go to other places it's usually 2 rods and a small bag. Filled with what I think I'll use. Next weeek on vacation I'll probably have 10 or 11 rods and 5 or 6 bags in the boat.
Old 07-28-10, 04:43 PM   #4
walkeraviator

I usually have all 5 rods that i own in the truck... but can usually narrow it down to just one of the five and my fly rod when i am walkin to the water... usually a 6'6" MH w/ 6:1 reel...

if i think i need something else, i can always walk back to my truck to retrieve stuff from my tackle box that pretty much remains in there... but when i am on the backside of a lake and a 15 minute walk from teh truck i am usually to lazy no matter how effective i think a lure may be to go get it./..
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 06:06 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yeah, I've got a few utility boxes that I put in a back pack that I take fishing with me. Pretty much the same thing that bob does. I did do the lug thing, but no more! I've also 2 rod holders in the back pack with me, spinning rod, and a cranking rod.

Seems like some good stuff though, if you only are gonna take 3 of each in plastics, than make sure you got some mend it. I'v had days when I get on a good worm bite, and they only are eating one color, when I run out, it sucks. Especially when they won't eat any other color. Mend it is a GREAT thing to invest in!
Old 07-29-10, 01:35 AM   #6
basshunter21
BassFishin.Com Active Member

haha thats funny, cuz I had a similar idea for a thread. I wanted to start a thread to post your tackle with pics and note your favorite lure, your go-to lure, and things like that.
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.