Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-09, 08:59 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Final bass of '09?

Well, the boat is in storage and the lift and dock have been pulled out of the water for the year, so the bass you see in the pics below might very well be the final ones I catch this year. The temps have been in the 20s-40s for the entire month of October. It's only hit 50 for a high once this month and that was just to 50 exactly. Last night's low was 15! I still hope to try some shore fishing when we're up at the lake again this weekend though.

Anyway, the last boat outing of the year (Saturday, 10/2) was also the most successful one of the year. My two nephews and I got 20 fish into the boat (11 LM, 9 pike) and had several others that spit us out on the way in. 8 of the 11 LM were between 2 and 3 pounds. We caught all of them on a variety of lipless crankbaits -- color didn't seem to matter, they were pounding all of them.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4530.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	4374

Biggest fish of the weekend was from Friday night - 3lb 2oz:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4516.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	4375

This was our first year of owning a boat and a place on a lake. I had hoped to catch 100 bass this year and came much closer to 200 instead. On top of that, I also caught FIVE Largemouth that were all bigger than my PB coming into the year and the same for FOUR Smallies. All in all, an incredible year of fishing for me.

I feel like I learned a lot from reading these boards all year, including how to dropshot (and actually caught a bunch of fish that way!), so I'd like to say thanks to everyone for all the various discussion & tips on rods, reels, line, lures, ways to fish, etc. I'm bummed that I won't be able to bass fish again until very late in May, 2010, but at least I can keep learning during that time by watching the forum boards here.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 10:28 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hey watterboy. listen....if you want to pal. give me a call if oyu can come south sometime ok? we'll try to work out a trip. nice fish by the way, lol. have truly enjoyed your pics and stories.
Old 10-15-09, 07:58 AM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Nice fish man, looks like you had an awesome final trip of the year. I wish I had done half as good as you this year!

BB
Old 10-17-09, 09:37 AM   #4
Bassboss

Cool! Talk about a grand finally!!!! Nice fish you got there, musta been a fun day!

But I can not imagine a end fishing season.. must suck man!
Old 10-17-09, 10:13 AM   #5
Culln5
BassFishin.Com Active Member

At least you were catching on your last trip out.... My year will end 12/31 and start again 01/01.... Sorry

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.