Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 02-10-11, 08:07 PM   #1
slicktrick4
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Second chance at LK FORK

"hey "from tn. First time ever joining a forum . Read a bunch of great imfo last two nites. Im going to fork march 19th for a week of fishing. Went two yrs ago and had a great trip, only problem was i got my" but kicked "out of my own boat by toby, my fishing partner who has went to fork like 7 yrs in a row .and never lets me forget how bad he wooped me. This year i was hoping to ask yall for a few tips to maybe give me a little upper hand? Last time we used carolina lizard/spinner baits/ rattle traps like the lk fork fishing reports say to use. I am not able to keep up with all the new tackle and techniques as much as i used to due to 2 jobs. Any help would be verymuch appreciated . Thanks chris
slicktrick4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 08:31 PM   #2
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Been to Fork on a few occasions. It is a fun lake! Actually had plans to go back again this year, and it's just not in the cards.

Anyway, about 4 baits come to mind.

1) Jig - Fork as you know has more trees then you know what to do with. Jigs and wood go hand in hand.

2) 6" Brush Hog. For basically the same reasons as the jig, but Brush Hogs make it threw the emerging Hydrilla a little better than a jig. And, my PB on Fork came on a Watermelon/Red Flake brush hog.

3) Spinnerbait. If they're up shallow and there's a breeze, a Spinnerbait is hard to beat. White would be my pick.

4) 1/2 or 3/4 Rattle Trap. Any version of Red. We had the best luck on Red Craw.

Have fun! Wish I was going again.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 09:58 PM   #3
slicktrick4
BassFishin.Com Member

Thank u. Camg. Dident use any jig last time. Ill go to bps and grab a handfull. Same with brush hogs. Got a couple of the red rattle traps and they worked well last time. Hopefully u can go back and have some fun on fork again soon.
Old 02-11-11, 04:30 PM   #4
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Birch creek and Glade on Fork are getting good reports all the time..My last trip there we tore em up in the white oak bay area (in between the two)...Lake fork is a jig and brush hog machine!!....Every color jig I threw produced good bass.
Mostly the Johnson reptile rattling jig.

Tons of trees and cover..Pack some heavy line!
Old 02-12-11, 06:29 PM   #5
slicktrick4
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the imfo WAFFLEJAW. ILL BE SURE TO PICK UP SOME JIGS BEFORE I GO. PRETTY SURE WE FISHED BIRCH CREEK AREA LAST TIME I WENT. AGAIN A BUNCH OF REALLY NICE FISH 3TO5 POUNDS WERE CAUGHT AROUND ME ,JUST NOT A BUNCH BY ME.HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT .ONE THING FOR SURE ILL BE FISHING A JIG THANKS TO THIS FORUM .THANKS CHRIS
Old 03-17-11, 10:33 PM   #6
ruasoonerfan2
BassFishin.Com Member

I have fished Fork quite alot and my PB and a lot of good fish came on Black 10" Worms and 6" Hog Craw. If you get a chance and the weather is right you should try some Night Fishing on Fork. Alot less traffic. Good Luck and let us know how you did.
ruasoonerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.