Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-10, 08:03 AM   #1
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default It was not to bad, but the monkey was present.

I went to the Richmond Bass Expo yesterday with 3 buddies and a pocket full of money. Hit the road at 7 A.M.. Walked in to Greentop at 8:30, to the Expo @10, back to Greetop @noon then to Gander Mountian and the last stop was Bass Pro. Home buy 6PM. I bought a Zillion at Gander Mountian for $100.00 off retail.Then Bass pro and I had a mix up on a return and they allowed me to get a new Curado for $90.00 . I bought a used Daiwa TD-X 103HSD for 25 bucks at the Expo, my reel mechanic said it would be cleaned and ready to go by this evening. I also bought custom jigs and spinnerbaits. A whole bunch of Jackall Flik Shake worms and alot of other stuff..........All in all it was a great day!!! -X103Hfffffertrb6yuSDF
Old 01-16-10, 08:24 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

leaving for the expo and greentop in about 20 min. It's prolly going to get ugly.
Old 01-16-10, 08:57 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like a pretty good day! Them two new reels are good 'uns for sure!

Got rods to put 'em on?
Old 01-16-10, 10:21 AM   #4
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sounds like you did good. Congrats on the new gear and hope to see some pics of that 10 pounder it catches.
Old 01-16-10, 05:36 PM   #5
flippin4it

Thanks for the replies.... As for rods the Zillion is now on a 7'ft med/hvy Zillion rod and the Curado 200E5 is on a 7'ft med/hvy Kistler Helium......I took the new reels out for a pratice sesion and I was stunned by the casting distance of the Curado, just flat out incredible. Caught a couple on a jerk bait, Scrounger and shakeyhead. Lost a 5 pound fish at the bank again!!!!
Old 01-16-10, 06:46 PM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sounds like a good day flip. My 200E5 came in the day I left for offshore, and my TGR crankin' rod should be in the day I get back. I can't wait to fling the bandit out there.
Old 01-16-10, 08:51 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sounds like a good day!

By the way, how do you like that Zillion rod?

BB
Old 01-16-10, 11:41 PM   #8
3dkicker

Here's a couple picks from the show. Took a bunch but most turned out too blurry to post. These aren't the best either. I do miss my old phone since it took way better pictures than this.

Bcklash (and son) paid me a visit. Told me the infamous Kevin was lurking. Never saw him though. Must have been a rumor.

Still no sign of the new Zoom Fluke/Swimbait. Plenty of new stuff and expensive swimbaits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0103.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	4612   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0104.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	4613   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0108.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	4614  
Old 01-17-10, 12:43 AM   #9
bamabassman

Huntsville (alabama) is also having a boat show. I went last year, but not going this year. It is so small for a city as large as Huntsville. Not many vendors either.
Old 01-17-10, 01:25 AM   #10
buzbait88
BassFishin.Com Member

wow, I wish our boat show looked like that. I went to 1 that I haven't been to in awhile cause it usually sucks and yep sucked again. It had 2 booths with fishing tackle. The rest were resorts and other garbage. There is another close by me here in feb and next weekend there is one in cedar falls, Iowa and the UNI panthers dome that is supposed to be really really good that I'm going to drive to and buy myself a birthday present.
buzbait88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-10, 08:50 AM   #11
flippin4it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Sounds like a good day!

By the way, how do you like that Zillion rod?

BB
I really like the Zillion rod alot. Very light and sensitive. I picked the rod up from a friend for $120.00 a couple of weeks ago. I have found that the action of the Zillion series of rods to be a little stiffer than the power rating that Diawa has given them. My med/hvy is on the verge of being a heavy. Great quality.
Old 01-17-10, 08:54 AM   #12
flippin4it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Here's a couple picks from the show. Took a bunch but most turned out too blurry to post. These aren't the best either. I do miss my old phone since it took way better pictures than this.

Bcklash (and son) paid me a visit. Told me the infamous Kevin was lurking. Never saw him though. Must have been a rumor.

Still no sign of the new Zoom Fluke/Swimbait. Plenty of new stuff and expensive swimbaits.
I did a little buisness with you at the show, I bought some Damiki wacky hooks and stuff. Still using your Big Tubes for bed fishing. As for the the Zoom Swim Fluke. Dave's had them. My buddy bought 6 packs from them.
Old 01-17-10, 10:24 AM   #13
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippin4it View Post
I really like the Zillion rod alot. Very light and sensitive. I picked the rod up from a friend for $120.00 a couple of weeks ago. I have found that the action of the Zillion series of rods to be a little stiffer than the power rating that Diawa has given them. My med/hvy is on the verge of being a heavy. Great quality.
I've heard that about them being a bit underrated. Glad to know you like them I may have to look into them a bit more.

BB
Old 01-17-10, 11:48 AM   #14
Bassboss

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.... As for rods the Zillion is now on a 7'ft med/hvy Zillion rod and the Curado 200E5 is on a 7'ft med/hvy Kistler Helium......I took the new reels out for a pratice sesion and I was stunned by the casting distance of the Curado, just flat out incredible. Caught a couple on a jerk bait, Scrounger and shakeyhead. Lost a 5 pound fish at the bank again!!!!
Dang! Nice rods you got there man! Even better combos!

Sorry about the fish man, I hate loosing big uns!
Old 01-17-10, 10:56 PM   #15
3dkicker

Quote:
I did a little buisness with you at the show, I bought some Damiki wacky hooks and stuff. Still using your Big Tubes for bed fishing. As for the the Zoom Swim Fluke. Dave's had them. My buddy bought 6 packs from them.
Thanks for stopping by. We appreciate the business. There were three seperate companies sharing the booth trying to keep costs down.

You have some of my 6" Goliath tubes? Haven't sold them in a couple years. Should get some more but too small of a market and they are very expensive.

Got out today and found some Swim Flukes. Didn't know Dave's had them. Bought some stuff from him too. Spent about 50$ on plastics over the weekend. Picked up some R.I. Beavers, NetBat Super T-Mac, Daves Shad Minnows, Deep Creeks Finger Mullets, and some of Zooms new Swim Flukes and new colors for Ultravibe Craws and Baby Brush Hog.

Worked a deal to get my own chatterbait made. Will have option of three blades, custom jig head, wire keeper for trailer, my custom skirt and custom shad trailers. Can't wait to get the prototype and test it this spring .

Overall it was a good show. Here's a pic of some Zoom baits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0112.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	4616  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.