Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-08, 11:13 PM   #1
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Mojo.

Do you believe in Mojo????? I try not to but I find myself fishing a rod that has good "mojo" or wearing a fishin' hat that has good "mojo". On the other hand if something is causing bad "mojo", I'll avoid it. Fishermen are weird this way. Are you??? What's good mojo? What's bad mojo??? Is this a stupid thread???? Do you understand me??? Do you even care?????
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 11:16 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Music's my mojo. All my life I've been gettin songs stuck in my head. It happens on the lake more than anywhere else cause its quiet. A good song stuck in my head will bring luck, a bad one, disaster. I remember the time I went to wheeler and had some song by ace of base stuck in my head the entire 10 hr day. Can you imagine trying to concentrate on fish with sweedish dance pop ringing in your head? Bad day...
Old 02-27-08, 11:22 PM   #3
Rebbasser

Not really, but I sure can relate with WTL about getting a song stuck in my head. Happens to me on the water and when mowing the yard. I just can't turn it off.

Try having Confederate Railroad's "She never cried" running through your head for 10 hours
Old 02-27-08, 11:31 PM   #4
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Don't really have special mojo for fishing... Haven't been doing it long enough to find the "one". But, I do always carry a $1 coin, 3 tees and an MSU divot repair tool in my right pocket when I play golf (replace a broken tee before my second shot).
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 07:55 AM   #5
bamabassman

mojo, like everything else sets the tone for the day. to me at least. get a song in your head you can't stand and it is over! i get bad mojo if i am having problems at the start of the trip. whether it is the boat not being easy to load to some fool out on the road. you know the road fools...they pull out in front of you cause your pulling a boat, and they want to get in front of you cause they think your slower than them. then they cut over and make a turn,without a signal, just mile away. i always try to get ready the night before. double check everything. but i would say 50% of the time there is always some bad mojo, lol. cause i don't catch what i think i should. i always wear the lucky clothes. i am still trying to find that lucky hat, lol. have a dozen bama hats and haven't found one that brings in fish everytime.they are all about 50/50. lmao. says alot about huh? ha ha!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 10:17 AM   #6
MississippiBoy

I always put on my left sock, then right sock, left shoe, right shoe (that is, when I wear shoes...ain't that right bama?).
Oh, and if you're looking for a lucky hat, bama, you're close, but still not quite there. You need MAROON and white, not crimson!!!
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 12:07 PM   #7
bamabassman

hahaha mississippiboy, i think i should wear the ol houndstooth. but haven't got one. and you have shoes and socks? hahahaha. now that is funny...mississippiboys wearing shoes. hahaha
Old 02-28-08, 03:25 PM   #8
rodman rat

What is the world coming to!! Miss and bama boys have shoes??? Fla girl does not!! Bama orange and blue works well for mojo hat!! LOL
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 10:40 PM   #9
bamabassman

blue and orange?? you from that cow town on the plains?? hahaha!!! you and a u have the same colors. and i like fla girls... with no shoes, shirt.... oh hi dear. me... i ain't doing nuthin... honest....just kidding bout the fla girls hun... really... you know you're the only one for me. hahaha.
Old 02-29-08, 10:12 AM   #10
basstech

Other than the "Mojo" sinker system for soft plastics. NO!!! You make your own mojo through knowledge and preparation and experience.
Old 02-29-08, 11:02 AM   #11
Whup
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm like MIbasser.I haven't been fishing long enuff to have any Mojo.
On the other hand when i decide to ride my bike to work,i'll try to prepare the evening before and have my clothes laid out and my lunch ready but if i'm running a little late i won't get on it.As a motorcyclist the odds are already stacked against you so i try not to add to it by being in a hurry or impatient.I simply take my truck instead.
Whup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 11:38 AM   #12
brushhog

Easy, wear a hat catch fish.... No hat = No fish.... The actual hat is not all that important...

Aside from "Mojo" I beleive confidence is the number one key to success. Confidence in your equipment, presentation, knowledge of the water, etc... leads to success. When I am unsure, I start bait-hopping and moving around way too much. I know this and yet can't stop myself!
Old 02-29-08, 05:16 PM   #13
pignjig

"I know this and yet can't stop myself!" Amen, Brushhog! I hear you on that one...

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 08:06 PM   #14
bamabassman

guilty on that one as well brushhog.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.