Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-08, 12:51 AM   #1
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Mitchell Copperhead

I have a mitchell copperhead 300r. My dad is looking at using it but I cant remember the gear ratio. I found one for sale on ebay and it said it was a 5:15:1 but I wanted to know for sure. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 03-04-08, 04:09 PM   #2
Cranebird

Most likey it is a 5:1 gear ratio.They were a good reel that kept getting smoother with use.Congratulations and sorry for the late response.C-Bird signs
Old 03-05-08, 01:23 AM   #3
BassinBandit

Thanks c-bird. I appreciate thats the gear ratio he was hoping for.
Old 03-05-08, 03:58 PM   #4
Cranebird

The thing about the round reels are they are simple and they work extremely well with 3 bearings in them.From the design your not gaining anything by having more than 3 bearings added to them. Undo the 2 thumbscrews on the handle side and pull the handle side off and then pull the spool out and make sure all 4 centrifugal weights are unlocked on the left side of the spool.When putting it back together you might have to push up on the thumb button to get it to go together right.If it doesn't go all of the way together don't force it the thumbar button isn't located exactly where it needs to be. Its been awhile since I seen one but I am almost positive there is a 4 pin weight system on the spool instead of a 6 pin system.The 4 pin worked better in my opinion but make sure they all slide free on the post. C-Bird Swallow

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.