Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-09, 12:11 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Now it is personal

I have a vendetta with a bass in one of my local lake. Since March, I have hooked this same bass five times but have yet to land her. When I have seen her, she is hanging out at the trunk of a submerged tree. So far she has broken me off once, straightened two hooks, and spit two baits. There have also been a couple of times where I just did not get a hook set. I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to intice a bite. She finally hit it and simply shook off.
I can not be certain of her exact size, but I am know that she breaks double digits.

Has anyone else had that "one fish" that they target?
Old 07-28-09, 05:02 PM   #2
bcklash

Whup her arse.....
Old 07-28-09, 06:41 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like a Harry and Charley story, lol. Only this ones for real. I can just imagine what your saying to yourself as you sneak up on her, lol.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 06:51 PM   #4
WTL

Quote:
Ahab: "Now, three to three, ye stand. Commend the murderous chalices! Bestow them, ye who are now made parties to this indissoluble league.... Drink, ye harpooneers! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow -- Death to Moby Dick! God hunt us all, if we do not hunt Moby Dick to his death!"
Quote:
Ahab: Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! And since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!
--------------------------------------------
Old 07-28-09, 07:01 PM   #5
MississippiBoy

Boy, for salt-encrusted old seadog, Ahab was mighty eloquent, wasn't he?
Old 07-28-09, 07:03 PM   #6
swimbaitkid
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would be at the lake till i got her,if she straightened good hooks out she will be a good fish,I have had 2 fish straighten treble hooks.when you hook her make sure she doesnt take you for a ride around the tree and she brakes you off.happened to my friend the other day
swimbaitkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 07:59 PM   #7
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemingway
Then the fish came alive, with his death in him, and rose high out of the water showing all his great length and width and all his power and his beauty. He seemed to hang in the air above the old man in the skiff. Then he fell into the water with a crash that sent spray over the old man and over all the skiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man
"You did not kill the fish only to keep alive and to sell for food," he thought. "You killed him for pride and because you are a fisherman. You loved him when he was alive and you loved him after. If you love him, it is not a sin to kill him. Or is it more?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man
"To hell with luck. I'll bring the luck with me."
Another good fishing story...
Old 07-28-09, 11:41 PM   #8
Bassboss

Thumbs up

Oh if only! I've got a 6-7' gar in a pond that I would like to catch in some pond, but never really target her.

Good luck catching her next time around, try to find her spawning next year... that is if you ain't caught her by then!
Old 07-29-09, 05:32 AM   #9
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Sounds like a Harry and Charley story, lol.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. It'd be immensely fun to read some of those old stories again....
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-09, 08:29 PM   #10
bamabassman

sorry to say this pal. but i am gonna root fo da bass, hahahahahaha. kidding bub, good luck.
Old 07-31-09, 10:46 AM   #11
fish4942

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I have a vendetta with a bass in one of my local lake. Since March, I have hooked this same bass five times but have yet to land her. When I have seen her, she is hanging out at the trunk of a submerged tree. So far she has broken me off once, straightened two hooks, and spit two baits. There have also been a couple of times where I just did not get a hook set. I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to intice a bite. She finally hit it and simply shook off.
I can not be certain of her exact size, but I am know that she breaks double digits.

There are a couple of ponds that I frequent that have 3-4 red fish in them that I’ve been targeting since spring. They are not the species redfish, but they are redish/orangish in color. They’ll sit in the shallow end of the pond to where you can see them but they just won’t bite anything. I’ve tossed my whole tackle box out there at them a couple of times and they just aren’t enticed. I’ve landed worms (live & plastic) right next to them, drug it in front of them, jerked it, popped it, twitched it, let it sit, everything I could think of and still no bite. The only thing I can think of next is to get my net in the water next to them and try and snag them when they come close to the bank.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 10:56 AM   #12
WaffleJaw

This is how you'll feel when you finally catch her

Old 07-31-09, 10:57 AM   #13
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4942 View Post
There are a couple of ponds that I frequent that have 3-4 red fish in them that I’ve been targeting since spring. They are not the species redfish, but they are redish/orangish in color. They’ll sit in the shallow end of the pond to where you can see them but they just won’t bite anything. I’ve tossed my whole tackle box out there at them a couple of times and they just aren’t enticed. I’ve landed worms (live & plastic) right next to them, drug it in front of them, jerked it, popped it, twitched it, let it sit, everything I could think of and still no bite. The only thing I can think of next is to get my net in the water next to them and try and snag them when they come close to the bank.
sounds like carp....try using corn on a treble hook.....they love it!!
Old 07-31-09, 06:30 PM   #14
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
This is how you'll feel when you finally catch her

OMG Waffle, thats hallarious, hahahaha
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 09:54 PM   #15
bamabassman

keith, not to mention kinda weird. like..........too much info and might just give me some horrible dreams. hahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 08-02-09, 12:55 AM   #16
BASSFISHINCHRIS20
BassFishin.Com Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post

wellllllllllllllllll there is this one seven pounder in the leon river who has swam off with a brush hawg and a jig so far. he loves to mock me by jumping and flaunting the fact that he stole my lure and i didnt catch him and theres not a damn thing i can do about it....bastard....im out for blood

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.