Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-09, 05:11 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Have you ever fished with this guy?

My fishing partner wanted to bring his brother along this morning. I had no issue with it. I figured since Phil is a good guy to fish with that his brother "John" would be similar. That assumption was dead wrong.

John had a few quirks that got on my nerves rather quickly.

He made Ike look like a deaf mute. His more than over the top yelling and jumping around on every fish got old before he had landed the first one. I have no problem with anyone being excited to catch a fish, but do not yell at me to get the net on a 1lbs fish.
I really don't mind people using live bait, but don't brag about how you fooled them with a nightcrawler. What were they supposed to think it was?
I accept that not everyone can estimate the size of a fish. I know that a big fish in one part of the country may be smaller in others. That being said, I can almost guarantee you that there are no 13 inch 6 lbs bass swimming around. Watching someone call their catch 5lbs when in reality it might be 2 is not an exageration, it is being a dumb@$$.
Don't tell me how to fish my bait unless I ask. Yelling stop while I am working my bait might get you hit and will get you cussed out.
And the final straw. If you did not bring any beer, then don't complain about which one I brought. Obviously it wasn't that damn bad if you had 4 of the 6 pack!

Okay guys, I am done venting. I can usually let things go, but this guy really managed to push my buttons today. Had he not been my friends brother, I am sure I would have gone off on him. For the most part I just bit my tongue. I didn't say anything until he asked why I bought the crap beer while he was sipping his fourth.
Old 04-19-09, 05:14 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm not sure where some people come from. Being a dip**** I can understand, not understanding that a dink is no big whoop I can tolerate it from a newb, but HE DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT FREE BEER?
Old 04-19-09, 05:38 PM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Stuff like that can make for a long day on the water. Sometimes you find yourself hoping something will go wrong for an easy out.
Old 04-19-09, 06:21 PM   #4
Bassboss

Sounds bad! I've fished with some 1lb bass in reality ='s a 15lb bass in their land! But not that bad with every thing else....... at least I don't have to worry bout beer!

Last edited by Bassboss; 04-20-09 at 03:44 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 07:01 PM   #5
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i can see it now...somewhere on a forum far far away..

"guys....i dont normally complain when someone invites me to go fishing in there boat, but today i fished with a complete idiot. first off, when i hook into a 5lber....u do not ignore me when i say get the net. and when i tell you u r fishin a bait wrong...do something about it...dont just keep fishin it wrong. and most importantly...DO NOT disrespect me by bringing crappy beer. sorry fellas....i just had to vent"

Old 04-19-09, 07:06 PM   #6
cassidyta

LMAO...that is darn funny Spro
Old 04-19-09, 07:08 PM   #7
bamabassman

now cass................... HOPE YOU WEREN'T TALKING BOUT ME THERE BUB! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, kidding of course. i understand EXACTLY what you mean.

and spro.... that is HILAROUS pal. i LOVE IT, HAHAHAHAHA.

as for the beer, well.. that is ANOTHER REASON i NEVER, EVR have beer or anything stronger than a coke or dew in my rig. IF you bring that on my boat....... you'll be swimming after it cuz i am throwing over board my friend. alchol makes every fish bigger i have witnessed.
Old 04-19-09, 07:15 PM   #8
fishin spro

6 beers between 3 people is no big deal...but alcohol def. has its time and place and a boat is not it. i have never witnessed it, but i have heard of ppl being ****faced by 10am during tournaments...i can see where that could really ruin a day.

u did better than i would have cass...i am not very friendly when someone that knows less than me trys to tell me how to fish.
Old 04-19-09, 07:18 PM   #9
bamabassman

sorry spro.......... NOT A DROP IN MY BOAT. just my opion ok? and i won't get in a rig where there is alchol, sorry again, just my opion gang.
Old 04-19-09, 07:20 PM   #10
cassidyta

I am sure that each thing ampified my irritation with this guy. I would not have minded any of the items if they were isolated. Well maybe I still would have got irked at complaining about guiness.
Bama, I have a simple rule when it comes to beer on the boat. Limit of 2 and no bottles.
Most anyone that I fish with can sip two beers and be just fine. It is when they start chugging 6 packs that they become a safety threat. When Phil and I fish I usually get the 4 pack of guiness, since his brother was comming along I grabbed 6. I will of course respect your rule should I ever get the chance to fish with you. No beer. I will just have to hide the flask....lol
Had it not been a friends brother, I would have not handled it as well Spro
Old 04-19-09, 07:26 PM   #11
bamabassman

hahahaha, it's cool cass.
Old 04-19-09, 07:42 PM   #12
bcklash

Hey Cass, tell the dumba** before he can come fishing with you again to go to the local ymca and take swimming lessons.
Old 04-19-09, 07:44 PM   #13
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
sorry spro.......... NOT A DROP IN MY BOAT. just my opion ok? and i won't get in a rig where there is alchol, sorry again, just my opion gang.
Bama nobody brings beer on my boat but me and I don't drink any more.
Old 04-19-09, 07:47 PM   #14
WTL

Its funny that we are talking about alcohol, I cant tell you how many times non-fishing friends have bugged me to take them fishing, and when they show up, they always assume that its just an excuse to drink beer outside. I dont drink and fish, ever.
Old 04-19-09, 07:56 PM   #15
Jim80

wow cass I would have ended up puttting him in the drink after about 20 minutes but thats just me .

Jim
Old 04-19-09, 08:51 PM   #16
1/4 stick

I respect your composure. He'd of gotten wet had it been me.
Old 04-19-09, 11:01 PM   #17
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would have made his day miserable..That is not how i want to enjoy the day.He sounds like my neibor and thats why he don't fish in my boat.
I hope that is your last time with that problem.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 08:40 AM   #18
Culln5
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
If you did not bring any beer, then don't complain about which one I brought. Obviously it wasn't that damn bad if you had 4 of the 6 pack!
Do you need a new partner? I won't complain what type of beer it is!..... You'll just have to bring a few more!
Old 04-20-09, 08:59 AM   #19
JB

I've never had a drink fishing and don't plan on it...once ya get home and have a beer its mighty good..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 09:30 AM   #20
dietz31684
BassFishin.Com Member

I fish with my cousin who is my fishin buddy. If he or my dad can not go, I go alone. I enjoy fishing alone, with only the sounds of nature honestly.

I drink and fish...didnt buy the viento with the twitchin bar for nothin!

No more than a 6er on the boat, but NO cigarettes on my boat!! I am a non-smoker and one burn in my carpet put an end to smoking on the boat real quick.
dietz31684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 10:56 AM   #21
Lilmoosecountry

Go to the Junk Yard buy a dipstick from a 70's cadilac. Just like the commercial on TV. Will you use your Dipstick JIMMY before speaking. The wack him right behind the knee.
Old 04-20-09, 01:49 PM   #22
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post

Bama, I agree. obviously, I'm only 17, but my friends are the ignorant underage kids who think why drink if it's not to get ****faced? my parents don't drink (or rarely), and I really don't see the need to. I also won't fish in a boat with someone drinking.

cass, seriously, I would have taken my beer and left. or I would have thrown in the the water. (and not have helped him out) I seriously hope you tell your buddy no if he asks to bring him again.

BB
Old 04-20-09, 02:10 PM   #23
aikenyounggun

ok i know 2 people like that and one day i promise i will write a thread on this kid lets name him "Justin".... one day there will a thread where a lose everything and go crazy on that kid... and not on the internet

the other kid i went fishin with would say your 1lber was 2.5 lbs but his 1 lber was 5.5lbs.... i actually took my scale to prove it to him.... he guesses 4.5 lbs....... it was 1.5... no joke this kid was an idiot with estiamtion

SBK will have some good "Justin" stories too

just as a preface for that thread.... the kid is 24, never worked in his life (no job, ever), and lives with his mom and to make it worse is a COMPLETE IDIOT
Old 04-21-09, 05:55 PM   #24
Lancer6

Angry

NO $^%#! ALCOHOL IN THE BOAT...EVAr!!!
NO S.O.B THAT'S ALREADY PLOWED ALLOWED IN THE BOAT...EVAr.
(No 'ceptions!!!....evAr!!!)

Got it? &%^$#%#@!

Lancer6
PS: %^&$%#!
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.