Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-09, 08:22 AM   #1
BassMaster70
BassFishin.Com Member

Talking New to Fishing

Hello Everyone,

I am really not new to fishing but since having 2 children and they are just getting to the age where it would be enjoyable to try and teach them a thing or two I am currently very interested in getting back on the water like i used to with my father when he was alive.

I am currently 44 and i am hitting the middle aged crisis thing and I really want a used Bass Boat and Lake Fork here in Texas for some Great fishing.

Just went last week(to Fork) and didn't do so well in the Heat of the Texas sun but It got me to have that burning desire that I want to pick this up as my hobby for a long time to come.

I hope to learn alot from you pro's and all the do's and don't of fishing.

I have already viewed all of Kevin's Videos and Have enjoyed them all especially the geo-spacial video--that was cool.

Anyways Cheers
BassMaster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 09:10 AM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey welcome to the forum! Make sure you give them kids a good 4" t-rigged worm to use! They'll catch all the bass, and the crappie in the lake that way! That'll really get 'em hooked! haha, and now looking back, that's how I got hooked on bassin'

Cheers right back a'cha!
Old 07-23-09, 09:23 AM   #3
BASSINPHOENIX
BassFishin.Com Member

welcome bassmaster you and i are on the same story,i used to fish a lot when i was young and single then i got married,well twenty years later went back on it and this time with a bass boat and some serious fishing.
BASSINPHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 09:24 AM   #4
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome Bassmaster70.

I shopped for my bass boat on www.boattrader.com

Let us know what you find.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 09:47 AM   #5
Crank-Bait-Frank
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Welcome Bassmaster70.
Alot of great and useful info passes through here. (most of the time)
Old 07-23-09, 06:53 PM   #6
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Welcome BM70! A lot of really experienced anglers around here with lots of differing views on the types of bait to throw. They're pretty good teachers, so ask any questions you may have and get ready for some varied answers!
Old 07-23-09, 10:58 PM   #7
bamabassman

welcome to the house of NUTS pal. the bait money will show you the baits to buy...........ALL OF THEM! hahahahahaha. glad to see you are wanting to take your kids out for the best sport there is, fishing. this is something that you and your family will enjoy forever. after the bait monkey, boat monkey and r v gorilla gets you, everything will be fine. just relax and have a great time. and remember............TAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES. they last forever. and your children will pull them out when they grow up and show their children how much fun it was "back when i was a kid".
we are crazy here, but we will help you in any way we can.
Old 07-24-09, 06:53 AM   #8
bassackwards

welcome if you got any problems just ask
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 08:40 AM   #9
BassMaster70
BassFishin.Com Member

as far as used boats i have found several places to look.

http://www.usedboats.com/
http://www.traderonline.com/
http://www.boattrader.com/-----thanks Woody

and Thanks for everyone saying Hello.

Now --this might not be the spot to ask but If not just let me know...

I am looking for specific online maps for angling. I have found a place called
http://mapper.angling-technologies.c...map.php---this place shows some honey holes gives some great maps for specific lakes. Does anyone know of any place else that might have online mapping specific to Anglers so we dont have to spend a whole day trying to map out a lake so we can fish in specific spots??

Especially in the Abilene, Tx area---I think L. Alan Henry and Hubbard Creek Reservoir are great lakes for Bass Fishing --but I have never fished them for bass...If anyone has suggestions for trying to find the bass during a specific time of the year that would be great.
Old 07-24-09, 10:10 AM   #10
WaffleJaw

hey welcome to the forum bass master,
good to see another texan on here, Im gonna hopefully be up at fork one of these weekends pretty soon..its only about 2 hrs away......I fish mainly ray hubbard,lavon,and tawakoni

Man keep a close eye on craigslist.com in and near your city for bass boats....my buddy (im sooooo freaking jealous) just went to ennis,tx yesterday to pick up a 1993 14 ft champion bass boat with a 70hp mercury engine,foot controlled trolling motor,working livewell,trailer and title .......for $700 ...everything works,all it needs is new carpet and the carburator re-built and cleaned for the engine.....

he was on there looking for parts to help me restore my fiberglass jon boat and found that and jumped at it...

I see incredible deals on boats going for cheap on there....just keep an eye on it every day,and they'll pop up.....you just have to be quick!!
Old 07-24-09, 05:33 PM   #11
BassMaster70
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
hey welcome to the forum bass master,
good to see another texan on here, Im gonna hopefully be up at fork one of these weekends pretty soon..its only about 2 hrs away......I fish mainly ray hubbard,lavon,and tawakoni

Man keep a close eye on craigslist.com in and near your city for bass boats....my buddy (im sooooo freaking jealous) just went to ennis,tx yesterday to pick up a 1993 14 ft champion bass boat with a 70hp mercury engine,foot controlled trolling motor,working livewell,trailer and title .......for $700 ...everything works,all it needs is new carpet and the carburator re-built and cleaned for the engine.....

he was on there looking for parts to help me restore my fiberglass jon boat and found that and jumped at it...

I see incredible deals on boats going for cheap on there....just keep an eye on it every day,and they'll pop up.....you just have to be quick!!

Yep Been watching Craigslist as well....Will keep an eye out for that one.

Thanks Guys
Old 07-24-09, 10:16 PM   #12
Jim80

welcome aboard man , glad to see that you'll be hitting the water with your kids, that was the kicker a few years back that really jumped me back into the hobby . Just get ready to hand the monkey your wallet and enjoy the site .

Jim
Old 07-25-09, 11:03 PM   #13
nofearengineer

I found my boat on Craigslist...proof a man and his true love can indeed find one another.
Old 07-27-09, 06:21 PM   #14
keithdog

Welcome aboard friend. As you have already seen, there are a lot of great members here ready and willing to help you any way you can. You came to the right place. Glad to have ya around.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 09:21 AM   #15
Rodz
BassFishin.Com Member

I bought my last two boats on craigslist.com. They were close enough to drive over and check them out. Lots of new postings every day.
Bob
Rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-09, 03:42 AM   #16
islandbass

Welcome and greetings from the Pacific Northwest! And yes, we have bass here.
Old 08-03-09, 09:28 PM   #17
toppwatr

Its true though. The only thing you need to know is that your wallet won't stay heavy for long....... trust me.
toppwatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.