Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-05-09, 01:03 AM   #1
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default A pattern or a technique?

Okay this started from a posting I put up, I think my technique is not pattern based but soley the technique. One member said technique + a certain location = pattern, by what I have read from post the location is similar in all places you catch fish or a majority of fish. In my high speed cranking technique and the three or four spots I rotate through in a tournement they are all different. One might have weeds with a rock bottom, another mud. One a rock wall, then another with chunk rock and wood. The only thing in common is I always catch fish there with my technique. By the way other similar spots of all discribed above are always hit and miss and there are many to choose from if I just picked one set of criteria where I caught fish. So is this a pattern or a technique?
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 02:41 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

to me what you are describing is a technique. now, if you were catching them all under the same circumstances then it is a pattern (on secondary points, on ledges in 10 feet of water, going down a chunk rock bank but catching them only on the bigger rocks ect. would turn this into a pattern). like i said in the other post, a pattern will out fish a technique any day of the week. if you are on a pattern then you can go to any number of places that fit the pattern and catch fish, with a technique you may get bites here or you may not. sometimes patterns aren't out there, or if they are they just aren't very strong and are hard to find. but if you are only fishing a technique and some else is on a pattern, chances are you are probably fishing to keep up.
Old 02-05-09, 03:45 AM   #3
CCbass

As far as tournements exactly my point, if patterns far outway technique then why was I able to be so consistant, 11 1st thru 3rd in a row on five different lakes. In that actually having fish that would of won in most, the technique does tend itself to lost fish. If the pattern has the edge then I should have been much more streeky as far as statistics but the facts speek for themselves. Truth is only one of those tournements was I beat by someone using a crank bait, it was at night. Most came to me and said they could not catch a fish on a crank bait in that lake at that time. I am just saying I think a technique if really good can have an edge over a pattern on a given body of water.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 03:51 AM   #4
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The only advantage that I see in pattern vs technique is that patern should put you on the bass while technique will get them to strike.
Old 02-05-09, 08:03 PM   #5
rangerryan

that is right on cass. you to c-rig
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.