Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-08, 05:45 PM   #1
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Who is crazier? Me or the jogger

OK - here is the scenario, all three kids and the wife busy with activities. That leaves me with about 90 minutes of free time!!!

Weather - 30 degrees with a little rain/sleet falling

Water - Lakes and ponds iced over - Mohawk River clear!

Decision - Grab a quick handful of gear and fish the river from shore for about an hour.

Punchline the parts of the river I fished are along a jogging path - I had to go down a fairly steep embankment off the path to fish. About fifteen minutes after arrival I hear a jogger coming down the path, by the sound of his feet and his breath I can tell he has stopped and is watching me!

When I turn to look, the guy says in utter amazement, "You gotta be crazy to be fishing down there."

I reply, "you gotta be crazy to be bleepin' running up there!"

My question to you is this; Who is the crazy one?

I beleive I know what answer I'll receive from My fishin' brethren!
Old 02-02-08, 06:27 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i personally think that he is out of he friggin mind. did you catch any fish? if so this will make your case a lot stronger.
Old 02-02-08, 06:52 PM   #3
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

Have you ever looked at a jogger's face????? MY GOD........if that is fun....I'll just go be miserable fishin' Nuff said
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 09:46 PM   #4
bamabassman

i agree with wags. why jog if you're gonna look like you're in pain. makes my knees and legs, ankles, back and feet hurt just thinking about it. went through all that playing ball as a high school wanna be jock. now that i am older i am paying the price. hence the pains in the body. don't get me wrong i love footbll, but i ain't playing no more. besides fishing is more fun and relaxing. hope you caught some. then when your eating you can laugh at the jogger. he had to go buy food. lmao
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 10:07 PM   #5
brushhog

I caught nothing, but the peace and quiet and the idea of wetting a line in February was nearly as good!
Old 02-02-08, 11:47 PM   #6
zooker

hmm along the 'hawk river... unless they fixed the joggin path in the last 15 years-dout that has happened-it would be safer to fish the river...

zooker
Old 02-03-08, 12:08 AM   #7
carolina-rig-01

zook how do you know what this jogging path is like? do we have a closet marathon runner on our hands?
Old 02-03-08, 12:12 AM   #8
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I'll take this one Zook...

He used to live there back when, C-Rig. He knew all the trout streams, locals, and even our good buddy PNJ.

-Lunk-
Old 02-03-08, 06:58 AM   #9
brushhog

Zook, you are right. No one in their right mind would jog along the river,My mistake, I said Mohawk River. I actually fished about a block up form the river on the Barge Canal. It was too muddy/icy/puddled along the river. The path that on the canal is all blacktop now. All the way from Barnes Ave in Utica out to Rome. People ride bikes on it and walk dogs. It is fairly busy.
Old 02-03-08, 07:18 AM   #10
zooker

yep same river da mohawk it used to be a cement path. -mostly broken up-know the location normally gives up some good fish every year..

zooker
Old 02-03-08, 08:53 AM   #11
brushhog

It is very lightly fished, mostly because of reputation as dirty... it really isn't anymore. It is a pretty productive river for a variety of species. My dad used to run a trap line there, when I was a kid in teh 80's, with great success!
Old 02-03-08, 03:52 PM   #12
zooker

should try the canel arm near seneca falls area-the one that flows out of seneca lake-north end-lots of lilly's in there..

zooker
Old 02-03-08, 04:03 PM   #13
WTL

People who pay good money to jump out of good planes are crazy.

Joggers are concerned about physical well-being, which is a nice thing. All the benifits of jogging strongly outweigh the negatives such as being dog tired after you do it and possibly, although not likely, injuring oneself.

Fishermen are concerned about spiritual and emotional health. You get an enjoyment from the sport, the craft, even the art of it. It is man vs nature, and it reminds us of our purpose. And its fun. Of course the negatives, like cold weather and the baitmonkey are there, but the good things outweigh the bad ones by a great deal.

Besides, be a man. So what if its cold. The indians walked to our continent over a sheet of ice in 50 feet of snow just to enjoy the hunting and fishing. I bet they didn't ***** to the great spirit about it being cold.
Old 02-03-08, 05:50 PM   #14
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Well said - enough said!

-Lunk-
Old 02-05-08, 11:37 AM   #15
brushhog

Leave it to the ever acerbic WtL to take a marginally humorous anectdote and turn it into an assault on masculinity... Fortunately, as a recently anointed Veteran Member, I recognize your facetious nature and rapier wit and therefore I take no offense

Incidentally, I believe the Native Americans were hunting and fishing for more than enjoyment and I guarantee at least one of them was *****in' about the weather...

Last edited by brushhog; 02-05-08 at 07:18 PM.
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-08, 12:06 PM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

Fishermen are in shape. we have allot of upper body strength wrestling fish out of heavy cover. Then we get home we enjoy a cold beer for our success.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.