Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-06, 05:14 PM   #26
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol get flw outdoor magazine less ads ..
i think bass is head to the large grey hole. so i belive they are trying to boost there ratings buy adding the yell like an idiot program.-i heard they fine them if they don't..

zooker
Old 01-23-06, 11:59 AM   #27
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

If FLW had better production, commentators, and KVD I'd never watch anything by B.A.S.S. again. Seriously, hat cams, crane cams, fish-eye views, and that horrible commentator make it hard to watch. I don't know the guy's name, he's the one with the southern accent (don't get me wrong I'm from TN, the accent doesn't bother me, it's his voice and dumb comments that annoy me).
Old 01-23-06, 08:06 PM   #28
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
so i belive they are trying to boost there ratings buy adding the yell like an idiot program.-i heard they fine them if they don't..

zooker
ROTFLMAO I agree, zooker for President

Lizards
Old 01-24-06, 06:44 AM   #29
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Other than the fact that I do know that when I sent B.A.S.S. $350 for a lifetime membership I was helping to promote a sport that I did ,will, and ALWAYS will love I agrree with the rest of you on the magazine. Same ole story different pics and 369% more ads. The only 2 issues that I really enjoy reading are the ones with the boat and motor reveiws and the one with the tackle reveiws or should I say the new ads. Anyway the newspaper BASSTIMES is a little more interesting, not much but some. To me BASSIN has a better publication, at least its not all reruns. On the issue of the acting like a fool on national television well....lets just say on the business side I can see some of it. But to scream and holler over a 1lb fish....come on....he's supposed to be a full grown man. Yes I get so pumped up on EVERY fish that I get a hit from whether or not I boat it my adrenaline goes wild, but I still have some self composure. Screamin and hollerin and such is for the 12yr old that just caught a 3lb bass. Now thats REAL and priceless. My wife has said time and again " How can you work 12hrs as hard as you do and then turn right around, haul a@@ home hook up, cleanup and haul a@@ to the lake, beat the water till its foaming and then come home all happy and relaxed". Thats what I do. Me, my partner if there is one and the fish. Kinda like the commercial says, Why does a man get up @ 6 or 7 to go to work and complain then get up @ 2 to go fishing and never complain. Closeset thing to being in heaven while still on earth.
Old 01-24-06, 07:18 AM   #30
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

What WTL said in post #25 (1st page) is right on. The Game and Fish mags offer such awesome local information. It reminded me to subscribe. It's cool when they mention lakes you haven't tried yet, but are nearby. It's not so great when they describe great bass lakes that you used to have nearly all to yourself. Nonetheless, it's one of the best mags on the market.
Old 01-24-06, 07:22 AM   #31
1FASTLASER

Krueger

Where is Winthop Harbor located at? I used to live in Peoria. CAT country.
Old 01-24-06, 12:15 PM   #32
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Winthrop Harbor is right on the IL/WI border, and right on Lake Michigan. Most maps show either Waukegan or Zion as the far northeastern part of IL, but I'm just north of that. It's classified as a village. Northpoint Marina is east on 7th street and has awesome multispecies fishing at the public fishing pier. Most folks go for perch and the pike are feasting on them there. The water is super clear because of the zebra mussels. Largemouth school up bigtime in June and July. Smallies don't hang around for long there, but when they are spawning it's dynamite action. My daughter caught a rock bass 3 oz. shy of the state record on that pier. DNR is very strict about not fishing off the rocks. If they catch you they will take all your tackle. Trout and salmon are found on the northern part of the marina. When it's iced the crappie bite is phenomonal. Huge bluegill too, ice and open water. The largemouth and pike love perch colored lures of any sort. The smallies nail goby colored and shaped lures. If anyone ever comes up this way, don't pay for a charter or guide of any sort, just non-boat it you won't be disappointed!

Sorry, that was alot more info than you wanted, I just love the place.
Old 01-29-06, 06:29 PM   #33
bassnman30

Ike is a smart fisherman. He shows his "outlandish" behavoir as a result to gain the attention of the audience. After reading his book, Fishing On The Edge, he describes alot of his actions. Why and were.
Most of the behavior that he shows is different but it gets our attention, and thats what it's meant to do.
So, therefore all that I have to say is Go Ike.

If ya'll want to fish with Zooker, go ahead but you might not learn alot.
Have been there, done that ! Don't take offense Zook. Thats a funny.
Old 01-29-06, 07:53 PM   #34
zooker

yep any body else i would have insisted on hitting my holes. but you nope sorry i anit telling you more than you need-and my holes you don't NEED to know about..

zooker
Old 01-30-06, 06:52 AM   #35
1FASTLASER

LMAO!!!! Dont take offense buddy but could u see zook doing a break dance on the deck of a boat or hollerin NEVER GIVE UP. I'd have to laugh. Hey zook can I come and fish your holes>>>>>LMAO
Old 01-31-06, 07:20 PM   #36
bassnman30

Don't need those areas Zook ! I saw 1st hand how good you are !
Thats also a funny.
Old 02-02-06, 11:58 PM   #37
bass kicker

mike seems like a real neet guy i dress like him and i yell after landing a big bass. but i have only seen him fishing on tv once we dont get all the bass tourneys on the tv down here

going bassin in florida on saterday
Old 02-03-06, 02:12 PM   #38
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass
Default Sign Of The Times

I agree with basstech, it's a outright shame the way things have been promoted and or encouraged in the past 40 years. I believe it started back about the time TV came around. At first, we had "family friendly" entertainment, but gradually, the corporate powers that be, figured out what was most profitable, and started targeting for larger profits by feeding off of basic instints of the population. The early days of TV where a bit before my time, but look what was available in the sixties when I was starting to watch, you had shows like Father Knows Best, Leave It To Beaver, The Andy Griffith Show, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, Drag Net, Perry Mason, all these shows where about simple things with a high dose of "MORALS" in the content. Look where we are now, we have been subjected, and in some case "accepted" in our "MODERN TIMES" shows that promote "as eciting entertainment" I won't bother to list these shows, but they now promote murder, rape, sodomy, boy you name it, it's on TV, and WHY is that? Is it really exciting entertainment? You could agrue that my use of the word "promote" is out of line here, or out of context, but it is just my opinion, that when something is shown on television, it is put on display for all to see, and what is a display? it's a promotion is it not? Anywho, back to bass fishing. The Pro Bass Tour and the newer members/Pro's are merely products of their environment. I have nothing but admiration for the sport of bass fishing, and personally I like Ike, and Kevin, their both fun to watch, wether it's Ike screaming, or Kevin casting, it's all better to me than watching something worthless like "gueer eye for the straight guy." My personal favorite pro's are, Larry Nixon and Zell Roland.
Lastly: Fishing is fun, but for me, its more than that, it's my church if you will. A time to get away from the tube or away from the concrete, a chance to see things like bald eagles, beaver, all kinds of simple creatures (especially bass) in a natural (usually) peaceful and scenic environment. It's a time to relax and enjoy the priviledge of being an American, and living in what's left of the Good Ole USA.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 05:55 AM   #39
1FASTLASER

Welcome to the boards betursweetbass. Catchy name there bud. Anyways I couldnt have put it or heard it better put than you said about and I quote "Lastly" Thats what it is ALL about but you did forget one ingredient FRIENDS. Always gotta share these with a friend and/or friends (some of the times anyways)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.