Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-07, 02:23 AM   #1
ESipes_89
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89
Talking New PB Largemouth!!!

I went to a pond I haven't fished much due to the fact that I don't have a boat and all the good structure is a good ways out toward the middle. It was early October and we had just got our first cold snap about three days earlier and thought mabye the fish had moved into shallower water. I was walking the shore and noticed a small disturbance and casted in my Pop'r. I started working it back and when I got to where the disturbance was there was a small ripple and my popper dissapeared. At first I thought it was a bluegill or red-ear sunfish. I set the hook and I though I hit a log.

I started to reel it in and there was almost no fight just a heavy weight. When I got it almost to the shore I think we saw eachother at the same time cause she took off like a bolt of lightning and put up the hardest fight I've ever encountered. After I finally landed it, she weighed in at 6lbs. and was about 22" long with about a 15" girth. So far, it's my personal best. All I have to say is thank god for braided line!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Biggest Bass, 6lbs.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1855

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Biggest Bass, 6lbs..jpg
Views:	335
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1856

I weighed it on a spring scale which I compared to an electronic scale. Above 2lbs. It weighs a little under the accual weight and below 2lbs. it's fairly accurate. The fish weighed in at almost eactly 6lbs on the scale so I don't know the exact weight. What do you guys think? I'm 6'2 and weigh around 270 to give you a reference. I've been putting off this post due to the fact that I didn't know how to get pics off a cell phone until now.

-Eric
Old 11-17-07, 11:10 AM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Congratulations on a new personal best. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 09:10 PM   #3
brushhog

E - congrats on a PR... that's a great fish. I'd say your weight is about right. that fish has some good girth and 22 inches is certainly plenty long enough to weigh in at 6+... How did you get her to shore? When I'm shore fishing those last couple of feet are nerve wracking. somewhere on here I posted a picture of one 5+ I went waist deep to pull out of some timber once.. I've since invested in a good net
Old 11-17-07, 09:10 PM   #4
Marty

Congratulations, great fish. For what it's worth, nine out of my best ten bass have been while shore fishing.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 11:40 PM   #5
ROBZILLA

Wow Hes A Light One, Whats The Water Like In The Spot You Got Him In?
Old 11-18-07, 01:42 AM   #6
ESipes_89
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushhog View Post
How did you get her to shore? When I'm shore fishing those last couple of feet are nerve wracking. somewhere on here I posted a picture of one 5+ I went waist deep to pull out of some timber once.. I've since invested in a good net
I have good 20lb PP braid and there wasn't much in my way. I try to cast where I can get around stucture but if not that's what the braid's for. It'll cut through weeds and go through timber like it's not even there. Just make sure that you have constant pressure on the fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBZILLA View Post
Wow HesA Light One, Whats The Water Like In The Spot You Got Him In? (Given the size it's most likely a she. Males usually don't get very big)
Pretty muddy, That's another reason I don't go to this pond much. I was accually wondering if she was sick but she gave up a decent fight and after I released her, she swam away with no problems.

-Eric
Old 11-18-07, 12:08 PM   #7
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

nice fish dude.length and weight sound compatible to me.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.