Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-05, 01:04 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default fishin with the demon

as darkness receeded across the sky. a shiny being came forth from the rod box. a recently molded chunk of darkness.. on this darkness i added a 4" spike grub crystal clear color to the stike king quick shirt. i had to down size the hook to a 3/0 and texas pose the hook in the grub.after some festivaties with the bossman-who happened to be on that lake - i headed up lake to a new spot i have recently located. i started using the demon getting a backlash on the 3rd cast. i moved the bait after clearing the backlash and a 2.8 pound bass hit it like a truck. after the ensuing battle he was boated, weighed, and released. as the demon has never failed so far i continued using him. i worked about 300 yards upstream when a second bass struck the demon. i worked this border line short in with out fan fair. i than ran 6 miles down stream to a section near the dam i threw the demon at a tree and the tree ate it -doh!!-after rerigging and reminding said self that it was only $4 i just lost. i continued to the next tree with a large stump in the top of it. i put the demon in tight on the stump and got a hit. up on setting the hook i at once knew this was no bass. i let him run on tight line while i loosen the drag-i had it locked down- after several mintues i saw my fish a channel cat had enguffed the bait. fighting as channels tend to do i got him next to the boat to get a good gater roll out of him.. and added him to my live well.
i went back to the same tree and picked out a small bass on the demon.. as it was blue bird days with little wind -where i was- i seen lot's of top water hits.about 10 am i grabbed my devil horse and fired at a school of bait fish popppin on top. it never get to the first pull when a bass crushed it. after a longer than usal fight i landed a 4 pound bass. which i released. i continued on my way to a patch of laydowns that was put in by a twister. i thoughly probed the depths with the demon and a white super hog. but only receiving brim hits.. it got hot 90+ air temp as i work out side i avoid heat when possible..i headed for the launch at 11:30 am i hit a hand full of trees on the way to the launch catching a keeper fish out of a tree on the demon..

here is my lil catfish

all in all a good day though i thought i heard laughter when i pitch the demon up to the barb in my fore finger....

zooker
Old 10-02-05, 08:36 PM   #2
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Zook,
Thats not a bad looking boat. Why don't you use it for club tourneys ?
Old 10-02-05, 08:52 PM   #3
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

zook,you look like me with a beard!!!ROFLMAO!!!
Old 10-03-05, 04:24 PM   #4
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Some nice Southern Dinner right there.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 08:35 PM   #5
pig n jig

Zooker, You look like your getting a little thin ? Don't tell me its part of your scheme to find the Mrs. right ? If I don't ask questions, how am ever going to learn anything ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 10:16 PM   #6
lizardsrule

You know zooker I had my computer down when you posted a pic of this "Demon", so I never got to see it. Could you send me a pic or post it again, I really would like to see the beast.

Lizards
Old 10-04-05, 04:43 AM   #7
zooker

the picture can be found in the non fishing forum..

zooker
Old 10-04-05, 07:01 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

ZOOK does use his boats in tourneys but he his smart. Let the other guy burn that high price gas.LOL. Just kidding the lakes he fished 90% of the time needs a little bigger boat to be safe on especially when the wind gets up. Imagine this 16ft boat 2-4 ft waves and need to get to shore. Thats why you need a bigger boat in tourneys gotta be able to get from the top of one wave to the next, if you dont you stuff one and been there done that AINT NO FUN when 14.987lbs of water hits you in the face. His boat is a GREAT boat to fisah out of and would be a great tourney boat on smaller lakes cause he can go places the 20ftrs cant.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-05, 05:51 PM   #9
zookeru12

i will answer that.. the club that i and bassnman30 are in have a surplus of boater's. i rather ride around in differant boats. he is just ill that i aint been drawed to fish with him. thats all..

zooker
Old 10-04-05, 06:09 PM   #10
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker

zooker
I looked "AGAIN", three pages back, till dates were in August, I know you posted it in September. I see the "Rise Demon Rise" post but no picture. So either my computer just won't pull it up or I'm missing something here. Which I guess isn't really out of the ordinary.

Lizards
Old 10-04-05, 06:23 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default lizard

run, run far, run fast. page 2 i think..

zooker
Old 10-04-05, 07:00 PM   #12
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker

zooker
Finally found it, however it's on the "Message Board" not the "Non-fishing Related Board", it's on page 2 but here's the link.

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...?t=5074&page=2

Not bad looking, did you mold the hook and heads yourself, or are they premade? Looks like it's on backwards to me LOL

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.