Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-11, 10:46 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default not much to brag about

but here goes............

lisa and i went this morning. got up at 4 am, hit the water at 4:30 and it was still dark. we eased over to the first spot and started casting. lisa was slinging the lizzard (watermelon) and i was throwing the new spinnerbait a very good friend sent me to try out. althoug the spinner worked beautifuly, there wasn't even a slight nibble onit. so i hooked up a worm i got from another friend a GRANDEBASS worm, texas rigged on my lizzard rod. NUTHIN. we both threw for about 1 1/2 hrs without so much as agraze-by bump. i switched to a lizzard to go the same speed as lisa. she missed a fish. dangit! then aobut 30 mins later she landed her first of the day. nice LITTLE bugger, threw it back and went for the momma. no where to be found. then after another couple of hrs i land a nice spot, keeper size. in the box it goes. meanwhile lisa missed another one and i missed one as well.

got hot QUICK. so we packed up and headed in. 1 fish each for the day. we was going to go back this evening but the clouds broke and the sun beamed like a fireball. so we stayed home and i weedeated, then mowed till the mower broke again. too late to see waht happended so we are now headed for bed.

i HOPE to make it to g'ville next saturday. but if the sun is out like this past week, i'm gonna hold off for another couple of weeks.

at lest we got out ont he water. it was nice too. we even looked at each other and said it at the same time, lol.
Old 08-21-11, 10:59 PM   #2
Bassboss

At least ya got out John.. been grounder for a while now, lol.
Old 08-22-11, 06:50 AM   #3
keithdog

With all that hot weather you've been having down there it's not suprising the bite is slow. I bet once it starts cooling down the fishing will be heating up. Ay least you got a couple spots. We don't have those up here. How do they compare to LM and SM when it comes to fight?
Old 08-22-11, 05:14 PM   #4
bamabassman

keith, the spots fight like a small mouth i htink, very feisty to say the least. but i would rather have a LARGE mouth. hahahaa. they are fun to catch, jsut don't get very big.
Old 08-22-11, 07:56 PM   #5
nofearengineer

You're right, John...that isn't much to brag about.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Don't mind me...I just spent the weekend sick, and totally jealous.
Old 08-23-11, 02:29 AM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
but here goes............

lisa and i went this morning. got up at 4 am, hit the water at 4:30 and it was still dark. we eased over to the first spot and started casting. lisa was slinging the lizzard (watermelon) and i was throwing the new spinnerbait a very good friend sent me to try out. althoug the spinner worked beautifuly, there wasn't even a slight nibble onit. so i hooked up a worm i got from another friend a GRANDEBASS worm, texas rigged on my lizzard rod. NUTHIN. we both threw for about 1 1/2 hrs without so much as agraze-by bump. i switched to a lizzard to go the same speed as lisa. she missed a fish. dangit! then aobut 30 mins later she landed her first of the day. nice LITTLE bugger, threw it back and went for the momma. no where to be found. then after another couple of hrs i land a nice spot, keeper size. in the box it goes. meanwhile lisa missed another one and i missed one as well.

got hot QUICK. so we packed up and headed in. 1 fish each for the day. we was going to go back this evening but the clouds broke and the sun beamed like a fireball. so we stayed home and i weedeated, then mowed till the mower broke again. too late to see waht happended so we are now headed for bed.

i HOPE to make it to g'ville next saturday. but if the sun is out like this past week, i'm gonna hold off for another couple of weeks.

at lest we got out ont he water. it was nice too. we even looked at each other and said it at the same time, lol.
I am glad that you guys got out John. I know you have had a tough time this summer with things breaking around the house and on the boat so it's good to see that you guys got to spend some more time on the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
With all that hot weather you've been having down there it's not suprising the bite is slow. I bet once it starts cooling down the fishing will be heating up. Ay least you got a couple spots. We don't have those up here. How do they compare to LM and SM when it comes to fight?
Spotted bass (or Kentuckies as we call them here) are a really cool fish. They fight a lot like a small mouth and spend a lot of time in schools so it's not uncommon to get into a good flurry of them when you stumble onto them. On Table Rock they can get big, in fact I am looking at one that I have mounted on my wall right now that went over 5lbs (my cousins dad caught it out of Table Rock a long time ago and my cousin gave me the mount for the office). Once they get into the 3lb+ range they will flat wear you out, they get crazy strong!
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 05:13 PM   #7
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I bet he opened that check too close to the lawnmower..

It has been tough now for going on two weeks.. I blame the unsettled weather..

You need five days just the same to get them biting good.

Capt Mike
Old 08-23-11, 06:06 PM   #8
bamabassman

well i am gonna TRY to hit guntersville this saturday. got permission from lisa since her sister is coming with her family, lol. THEN her grandmother is coming to stay with us for about 3 weeks. WHEW.......think i need to go and STAY for amonth. hahahahaha!!!!
Old 08-23-11, 09:30 PM   #9
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It's good to see you getting Lisa out there, hopefully things will start cooling down a bit so you can get her our there more.It's good to catch something too. At Least your weren't skunked!

Better days are ahead.
If you go to G-ville I heard the fish were on the ledges and not moving much when there's no current. Out on the sides of the river in front of Lakeside is probably a better area to be fishing right now.

GEt ya some football head jigheads 1/2 oz with 5/0 and 5/0 hooks and rig Zoom Mag worms and Ol Monsters in Plum Apple on there and fish the edge of the ledges down into the river.
Old 08-23-11, 09:44 PM   #10
bamabassman

thanks bob!!! i got some BIG OL 12" worms i am thinking of using. either texas rigged or c-rigged.

think kory would mind holding the hook till one swims by and nab it for me? (c-rigged, get it? ) hahahahaha!!!! i know..lame joke but i am TIRED tonight.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.