Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-27-17, 01:34 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Changing things up for 2017.

Hey guys. Hope you're making it through the winter. I know I'm missing getting out on the water. But I've been doing a lot of thinking about the coming year and have decided to change things up in my approach this year. I had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago, and I will totally miss the spring bas fishing this year. By the time I am able to hit the water with gusto, the spawn will probably be over.
Normally, I am a power style fisherman. Fast and hard, often with medium to larger bass baits. This year I have decided to downsize my approach. I'm going to try to stick with smaller sized offerings, and more finesse which I rarely do. Slow down, and fish smaller profile baits. Physically, I don't know what I will be able to do this year, so I figure now would be the time to try this out. It's something I've always wanted to do, and so this year may be just the perfect year for me to do so. I'm looking forward to seeing just what will be the result.
Old 01-27-17, 04:03 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Keith you should be back well enough to fish by April or may. I was back on water by may when I had both done. Your body will let you know. Just make sure you do your pt so your leg won'the lock up.
Old 01-29-17, 11:33 AM   #3
senkosam
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
have decided to downsize my approach. I'm going to try to stick with smaller sized offerings, and more finesse which I rarely do. Slow down, and fish smaller profile baits
Been catching more fish since I went to that approach. I still have large baits rigged, but the majority of fishing for seven species involves smaller and slower. I particularly like the double fluke rig I just viewed on YouTube. What an amazing idea for making straight, no-action tail plastics zig zag like feeding or fleeing minnows. I have some hand pour designs that will fit the bill !

You will be fishing by April. Just keep up the PT, use anti-inflammatory meds as needed and exercise daily. My wife had the same surgery and drove to meet her friends after three weeks post surgery. Good luck.
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 02:30 PM   #4
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good luck with your healing. Seems like the ned rig and a few others really catch them. I sometimes start fishing them but loose interest and start with the whopper ploppers and swim baits.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.