Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-09, 08:14 AM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default service is gonna be cut off tonight gang

as most of ya'll know we are moving. gonna be living in a travel trailer till the house is built.
our internet service will be cut off at midnight tonight. so...........i will not be here till we get new service. how long? really can't say. went to verizon yesterday and the wife freaked out,lol. 300 bucks for the phones and stuff to go with it, service with wireless internet is 200 a month. so she wants to check out a few others. personally i want the wireless internet, but i may not get it. but we'll see. hopefully i can get it. if anyone any advice. please give it to me. verizon is the only cell phone that has service in our area. my cell number will stay the same as will lisa's. so those of you that have it can still call me. our home numberis gonna either be totatly disconnected if we go with cell phones only. otherwise i will give out the home number once we get to those of you that call me.
take care gang and hold down the fort ok?
i am gonna take pictures of the house building as it goes and hopefully load it so ya'll can see the build. that is IF i can learn how to load it, hahaahha.
gotta go and load some more stuff, break time is over,lol. tha strawboss is hollering, hahahaahha.
Old 06-24-09, 08:22 AM   #2
Bassboss

Good luck on the house bama!

Ya, webber net (internet) and get pricey when you go with wire less + all the other stuff! Can't wait for the pics! You can try to get phone service from the web too, it would cost less!

Last edited by Bassboss; 06-24-09 at 09:35 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:05 AM   #3
WTL

That sucks. Wish netzero still did free internet.
Old 06-24-09, 10:27 AM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Good luck on the house and finding a new internet provider

BB
Old 06-24-09, 12:30 PM   #5
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good luck bama! Gonna be too quiet around here though.
Old 06-24-09, 01:22 PM   #6
cassidyta

Bama...
Is the wireless option the air card option? The aircard is basically a cell phone type internet service. It plugs into your computer and can work anywhere the cell phone provider has coverage. Most run around 60 a month.
Old 06-24-09, 01:25 PM   #7
BassinID
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Find one that has high speed internet bama, then just go buy yourself a wireless router from wal-mart and hook it up, then you will have your own wireless network. The other option that would be worth considering is through your cell-phone carrier. You may be able to get a 3g wireless brodband card that is attached to you cell bill and has unlimited high speed where ever you get cell service.
BassinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 02:20 PM   #8
Willvdh1
BassFishin.Com Member

Or use the internet on your phone if you have it. I access this site all the time from my phone, very easy to use the forums anyway, probably not the videos so much.
Willvdh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 03:50 PM   #9
JB

Ya can always hit the library and get online there or take your wireless laptop and leech off their signal till ya can get service...alabama does have libraries dont they
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 04:16 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Hope to see you back soon Bama. Have you checked with you satellite service, Dish or Direct TV? Or are you on cable? Hughes Net runs about 60-80 a month. But they have limited download on wireless and once you reach it, they kick you back down to a dial up speed.
Old 06-24-09, 05:54 PM   #11
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
Bama...
Is the wireless option the air card option? The aircard is basically a cell phone type internet service. It plugs into your computer and can work anywhere the cell phone provider has coverage. Most run around 60 a month.
An option for a desktop pc would be plugging your cell phone directly into your pc with a usb cable (Battery charger port cable on other end).
Last I knew, it ran 70 bucks for the connectivity kit (the cable and installation disc) and cost 25 bucks a month. I've heard that both the kit and the service have gone up 10 bucks since then though. There also was no committment required. That was through alltel. might wanna check it out
Old 06-24-09, 05:55 PM   #12
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Ya can always hit the library and get online there or take your wireless laptop and leech off their signal till ya can get service...alabama does have libraries dont they
bama's been putting vhs rentals in the library drop box by mistake
Old 06-24-09, 05:58 PM   #13
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Hope to see you back soon Bama. Have you checked with you satellite service, Dish or Direct TV? Or are you on cable? Hughes Net runs about 60-80 a month. But they have limited download on wireless and once you reach it, they kick you back down to a dial up speed.
I have hughesnet on my desktop. 70 a month for 1.2 meg. the download threshold is what you're referring to. since satellite broadband is shared, they do put restrictions on how much you can download but it's quite a bit. i think some changes were made but last i checked, the threshold for my level of service was 375 MB a day. that's half a movie. if he doesn't download movies, he'll never pass the threshold
since it's shared, it does bog down from time to time due to high usage but it's doable
Old 06-24-09, 06:52 PM   #14
Jim80

bama we'll miss while your gone buddie.

Jim
Old 06-24-09, 08:24 PM   #15
woody

John when you say "wireless internet" are you talking about using the internet from your laptop without the use of wires when you and Lisa are at home?

If so, then all you will need is an internet connection, like the one you have now and something called a Router, you can get one at walmart for well under $100 and with that, an internet provider and a laptop you and Lisa can be enjoying the freedom of Wireless Internet from home for what you are paying now each month.

And by the way, those Techno Geeks in the Electronics Department should be able to set you up with what you need; I'm sure you can even hire one of them to hook it up for you too.

Thanks and you take care too!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 08:53 PM   #16
nofearengineer

Yeah Bama,

DO whatever it takes to keep yourself online. It just wouldn't be the same boards without ya!
Old 06-24-09, 09:07 PM   #17
bamabassman

we have been talking to verizon. have 1 phone, no land line. wireless through the cell. so we are having difficulty with that. see....verizon is the ONLY cell company that has coverage in the are we are moving to. 400 bucks to get the stuff needed and 200 bucks a month. gonna see what a land line costs. i AIN'T going to dial up again.......EVER. hahaha. thanks gang, right now i am in need of a little oriental gal to walk on my back, VERY sore from toting boxes and funiture all day.

also we are gonna have to get some kind of sattelite tv. can't do without my college football games this fall ya know, hahahahaha. so there is another 150 bucks. over twice what we are paying now for land line, tv and cell phones. yes we are moving up in the diliverenc part of bama. the builder told me that as he was following me to the house site, he heard banjo's playing, hahahaha. i said to be sure he wore bama caps instead of ga bulldog caps, hahahahahahaha. maybe then he would be ok. lol

and do not worry gang, I AM COMING BACK! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I PROMISE YOU THAT!
Old 06-24-09, 09:13 PM   #18
bamabassman

and the sattelite company is a route we are gonna check into. jsut have to step back and see who wants our business.
Old 06-24-09, 09:17 PM   #19
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
we have been talking to verizon. have 1 phone, no land line. wireless through the cell. so we are having difficulty with that. see....verizon is the ONLY cell company that has coverage in the are we are moving to. 400 bucks to get the stuff needed and 200 bucks a month. gonna see what a land line costs. i AIN'T going to dial up again.......EVER. hahaha. thanks gang, right now i am in need of a little oriental gal to walk on my back, VERY sore from toting boxes and funiture all day.

also we are gonna have to get some kind of sattelite tv. can't do without my college football games this fall ya know, hahahahaha. so there is another 150 bucks. over twice what we are paying now for land line, tv and cell phones. yes we are moving up in the diliverenc part of bama. the builder told me that as he was following me to the house site, he heard banjo's playing, hahahaha. i said to be sure he wore bama caps instead of ga bulldog caps, hahahahahahaha. maybe then he would be ok. lol

and do not worry gang, I AM COMING BACK! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I PROMISE YOU THAT!
Keep in mind, verizon bought alltel, so the alltel option could very well work for you. Veriszon is adding their frequency to the current alltel towers around here, which will help local verizon customers but won't do anything extra for me since i'm on alltel. should be the opposite for you, i would think
BTW....haven't got that phone number yet lol
Old 06-24-09, 09:38 PM   #20
bamabassman

ok gang. that is it for awhile. we are gone for a while. but like i said, i WILL be back. take caregang, lisa and i love ya'll all. each and every one of ya.

LATER!
Old 06-24-09, 09:42 PM   #21
MallenManson

Quote:
ok gang. that is it for awhile. we are gone for a while. but like i said, i WILL be back. take caregang, lisa and i love ya'll all. each and every one of ya.

LATER!
Sooner beats the tar out of later, buddy
Old 06-25-09, 09:30 PM   #22
bamabassman

they messed up huh? thought it was gonna be cut off last night, but whatever right? anyway......packing up the house still and gonna leave in a bit. thanks for the call lash, sorry i couldn't talk longer. things are getting REAL busy this weekend. but try me anyway. i may not have cell service so don't get mad if i don't answer. haven't switched cell companies yet. later gang.......................
Old 06-25-09, 09:36 PM   #23
JB

bama I'm pretty good with injun smoke signals, I'll keep ya posted rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 09:52 PM   #24
bamabassman

thanks jb. but rioght now i need another kind of "smoke", ya know. hahahahahhaha. but i don't do it anymore. but i just saw a bottle of TO-KILL-YA with the cap broken loose.
Old 06-25-09, 11:38 PM   #25
1/4 stick

Quote:
thanks jb. but rioght now i need another kind of "smoke", ya know. hahahahahhaha. but i don't do it anymore. but i just saw a bottle of TO-KILL-YA with the cap broken loose.
That's what O-bama said about smokin' too. Not sure I believe him either. hehehehehe....
Just pickin bama, toss the tky back at will.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.