Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-09, 11:22 AM   #1
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Question Night fishing

Hi, can some of you angers that fish at night give me some idea's what to use and locations of fish. Here is the scenario,
Water temp is between 48 and 53, had a bad cold front come through on sunday and very windy. Today tues. 04/07/2009 and tommorow very light wind and plenty of sunshine. High today will be around 54, tomorrow about 64 degrees. Fishing time will be at 06:00 P.M. untill 09:00 p.m. It get's dark around 08:00 p.m. so have a fair amount of light the first two hours. The lake is small 900+ surface acres, water level is up 2ft. visibility is about 4ft., no standing timber and very few laydowns. Mostly submergent vegitation but most is still dormant, some is starting to green up. The rogue bite has really slowed down and has been primarily in the morning and is done by 11:00 a.m. Fish have been pretty inactive the last couple of weeks. I see a lot of fish in the 15 ft. range over 20 to 30 ft. of water but can only get the bank fish to bite, they seem to come up from deeper water to feed shallow and go back out and down. Wasn't able to get any active bites the last few evenings I've fished there. Any idea's what to try, all the channels are silted in so the only good structure definition is in the overall contours of the points and weed line edges or mud to clay to rock transitions. Any idea's or suggestions is appreciated, espeacially from experienced night anglers. Thanks.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.