Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-09, 06:03 PM   #26
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I need to keep moving at the very least, I applied last year for game warden but with all the hunters and fishermen in the state trying to get like 3 positions and a test that is so easy it fails to differentiate between the best and just the average candidates I got lost in the shuffle. Kinda why I thought about surveying, its outside, decent money, good job security, opportunity to work for yourself - only thing is I really miss Huntsville and the only real program in the state is down at Troy.
Old 02-28-09, 06:25 PM   #27
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I wouldn't change anything major.

There are people i wish I treated better growing up, my friends and I could be bullies sometimes. As a teacher now, I see how awful that is and I regret it.

I wish I had worked a little harder athletically so I could have played more in college.

The other stuff, good and bad, made me who I am and I got it pretty good...
Old 02-28-09, 07:17 PM   #28
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

wtl, what about the state park service? ever think about them?
Old 03-01-09, 01:42 AM   #29
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but have only a few regrets. Like most of you guys have said the mistakes have helped me move forward.
A regret of mine was never finishing my Eagle Scout project when I was so close. There is no chance to do it again and I really wish I had done it. Most other things that I screwed up either have or can be undone: divorce, trouble with the law, failed business, etc. It may seem like it at the time but it's not the end of the world.

My only advice to you younguns is to work as hard as you can when needed but never forget to live life every chance you get. Time is the one thing you cannot get back.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 01:04 PM   #30
Foyt20
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

I would have gone to college right out of highschool so that i didnt have to go now, or joined the Marines like I wanted to, but my parents talked me out of. That would have changed A LOT though, because I met my Fiancee through a job that I started at the age of 19.

DONT BE A FOOL... STAY IN SCHOOL!!!! Other wise, its night classes for a Lllllloooonnnngggg time.
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 01:05 PM   #31
Foyt20
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
A regret of mine was never finishing my Eagle Scout project when I was so close. There is no chance to do it again and I really wish I had done it.
Also a +1 to me, I wish I had finished mine also.
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.