Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-09, 12:26 AM   #1
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Every hooked a friend ?

Mississippiboy story reminded me of tnis, one day me and my friend are fishing a heavy cross wind. So I swing back to the side of him and the wind takes it behind him, I feel the hit but my lure keeps going, thumb on spool to stop backlash. I reel it in thinking thank god I did not hook him, pull it out of the water to see no back hook. It hit so hard it pulled the back hook right off the lure, I turn and see my friend holding the back of his head. I pretty much permanently attached his hat to his head via hook. I asked what he wanted to do, he said its not really bleeding so will deal with it when we go in ( 2 hrs. later ), get to the house and I get the hook out via exacto knife. He didn't want to pay for going to the hospital, thank god this is the only time I've hooked a friend.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 12:34 AM   #2
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Never got one myself, had a friend as well as wife hook me last year.
Old 03-09-09, 02:56 AM   #3
wareagledc

my little boy hooked me sunday in the arm and i have hooked myself but i have been lucky not to hook anyone else.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 09:09 AM   #4
doc

No, but was fishing with 2 friends at a pond when I was a kid. We were standing on the levy with overhanging trees behind us, One buddy casts right as the other guy was walking behind him, hooks the guy in the head. The funny part is at first he thought he was just in one of the trees, so he gives it a few good tugs to get er loose. When the hookee started screaming he figured it out. We still laugh about this when we all get together.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 09:31 AM   #5
bcklash

Hey Doc we were always taught feel a tug - set the hook

Hooked myself to the bone one time--the Bandit used the ole fishing string trick and jerked it right out, never felt it come out.
Old 03-09-09, 11:13 AM   #6
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Oh crap! That sound like it hurt, thank fully I've never hooked any one, (I thrown a few hats a reined shirts, but never hooked them).

My dad and I were once fishing when a bass hit his spook 5' from the shore; he set the hook, but missed the bass, and got his face!

Last edited by Bassboss; 03-09-09 at 03:52 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 11:41 AM   #7
Foyt20

Send a message via AIM to Foyt20

Thats "hurt" bassboss

I almost hit someone this weekend, i went to cast a c-rigged senko from the shoreline, and it didnt go forward it went backward, and landed about 2 feet behind another fisherman.

No one noticed though so it wasnt too bad
Foyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 03:43 PM   #8
CMorg

I set the hook on a chatterbait , it wasnt a fish , and the chatterbait came back to the boat about 1000mph and hit my buddy in the crotch...It didnt hook though...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 03:52 PM   #9
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foyt20 View Post
Thats "hurt" bassboss

I almost hit someone this weekend, i went to cast a c-rigged senko from the shoreline, and it didnt go forward it went backward, and landed about 2 feet behind another fisherman.

No one noticed though so it wasnt too bad

Woops! I'll fix that!
Old 03-09-09, 03:53 PM   #10
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
I set the hook on a chatterbait , it wasnt a fish , and the chatterbait came back to the boat about 1000mph and hit my buddy in the crotch...It didnt hook though...
Thanks god! Don't wanna loose though valuables!
Old 03-09-09, 04:32 PM   #11
chase_cooley5308
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
No, but was fishing with 2 friends at a pond when I was a kid. We were standing on the levy with overhanging trees behind us, One buddy casts right as the other guy was walking behind him, hooks the guy in the head. The funny part is at first he thought he was just in one of the trees, so he gives it a few good tugs to get er loose. When the hookee started screaming he figured it out. We still laugh about this when we all get together.
lol doc thats funny!
chase_cooley5308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 04:35 PM   #12
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have hooked 2 of my fishing partners, one wasn't my fault...I was on the front deck casting straight out off the bow side arm with a lipless crank and my partner had stepped down off the back deck to get a better look at the side imaging sonar and I simultaneously went to whip out another cast when "Thwap" I caught his jacket's sleeve and tore it all up, luckily he wasn't hurt....

The second time I hooked my brother right in the chest, luckily he had his life jacket on, that would have hurt like h.ell!

This doesn't count how many times I've hooked myself, about a half dozen...the worst was probably a fly.. while fly-fishing for salmon..it embedded so badly in my forearm only part of the eye was stickin out..wind and fly fishing don't mix well
Old 03-09-09, 06:08 PM   #13
CCbass

Oh ya the hooking yourself, my only encounter was from a almost 4 lb. bass. I caught him on a jerk bait, he wiggled and I dropped him and with a jerk he stopped as the rear hook went thru my pinky. I dropped to the deck and the fish flopped around jerking my hand all over. I finally had to step on him and use my off hand to unhook him, now about 10 minutes later I get the shank thru the skin. I couldn't cut thru the hook with my off hand so I had to lay the plyers on the deck and step on them. I almost gave up and just fished with the hook in my pinky.
Old 03-09-09, 06:19 PM   #14
fish2

Send a message via AIM to fish2

I decided to be a good brother and take my younger brother fishing for the first time.. anywho I was fishing behind him letting him get the first crack at all the fish. but instead he decided to hook the back of bed head with a spinnerbait. in the end I had about a 3 inch gash in the back of my head but no trip to the hospital
Old 03-09-09, 06:39 PM   #15
Love of the Sport

My grandma hooked my brother perfectly through the earlobe when we were young and recently while fishing 3 deep on a boat 1 friend went to cast a rattle trap and took the other guys hat off his head.
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 06:41 PM   #16
aikenyounggun

i hooked my bro..... oops.... set the hook on an imiaginary fish and he was standing right behind me on the bank
Old 03-09-09, 07:32 PM   #17
crankybait

My friend hooked me in the cheek with a kastmaster, but it wasnt very deep
Old 03-09-09, 07:49 PM   #18
Foyt20

You didnt have to fix it, im just improving the interwebz one spelling mistake at a time

Old 03-09-09, 07:50 PM   #19
Foyt20

BTW Bassboss, Nice avatar, thats pretty sweet. And even after only two weeks I was tired of looking at that mug of yours
Old 03-09-09, 07:51 PM   #20
fishin spro

i hooked myself with a circle hook while catfishin last summer and it felt like it touched the daggum bone

hooked the back of my thumb about a week ago, while practicin pitching a jig in my front yard.

ive hooked myself many times but luckily have never hooked anyone else
fishin spro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 07:54 PM   #21
BassAddict

My dad put a Bomber crankbait in my neioghbors shoulder once. My brother pushed the hook through and cut it off. (I wasn't there on that trip). A friend of mine (when we were kids) cast a Mepps spinner across the creek and got it hung. He was jerking and it finally came flying back across and hooked him beside his eye. That was scary close. His mom took him to the hospital to have it removed.
Old 03-09-09, 09:25 PM   #22
flbassman

I snagged my uncle in the neck with a rat-l trap, but not too deep. Hooked my dog on a spook, and she bolted while I was unhooking her, ripping my palm open.....
Old 03-09-09, 10:29 PM   #23
bamabassman

always hook myself, haven't hooked a friend........................yet. mb you want to be first? hahahahaha, or maybe gbassman, or how bout you derrick? derrick you already know how it feels, so it'll be ok then right? hahahahahahahaha.
Old 03-10-09, 12:45 PM   #24
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

I hooked myself with a Rattletrap in the finger really badly when I was trying to rip it from a carpet. That sucked.

I also was fishing and hooked my self with another lipless crankbait, but this time it went through my finger and into my shorts, so I was stuck with one hand on my leg. I couldn't cut the hook because the pliers were too thick, and I couldn't pull it out because I had no power to reach to the other side of my body with my left arm. So I had to take my shorts off on shore and finally decided to just rip the hook out because I was getting so aggrevated. I don't think anybody saw though.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 06:47 PM   #25
CCbass

Thats a funny one, this didn't happen to me but read a guys article and he talked about it. He had a big bass on a spook, it jumped by the boat he pulled and the lure came flying at him. The rear hook went thru the courner of his mouth, as he jerked his head to the side the other hook went into his shoulder. He had to go in, go to the doctor, all with his head stuck to the side.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.