Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-12, 09:26 AM   #26
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETXbassassassin View Post
S T E W A R T ! ! ! I'm a die hard Tony Stewart fan. I don't miss a /////NASCAR race ever! Twice a year you'll find me at Texas Motor Speedway pulling for that #14. He won the fall race @ Texas and I got to witness greatness. I think what Dale Sr. did best is improve the safety of the race cars. "The Intimidator" was just that; he'd put someone in the fence to win a race. I'd be intimidated too, there where no HAANS devices, safer barriers, or energy absorbing foam in the sides of cars then. Rubbin' is racing, but destroying a machine at those speeds is DEADLY (apparently). Hookem' Horns!!!!! Burnt orange is my color and if you pass by a lake in ETX and see a burnt orange cap chances are it's mee. Please don't choot either I'll be busy and rather not be disturbed. Just choot me a text or leave a voicemail and I'll get back to asap.
I think Stewart is the best since Dalr Sr. He will drive and win in any kind of car. He's proving to be a great owner to.
Old 01-14-12, 09:34 AM   #27
ETXbassassassin
BassFishin.Com Member

I like your style bcklash!!! Stewart could drive a grocery buggy to the front lol
Old 01-14-12, 09:46 AM   #28
ETXbassassassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Bcklash Tony got Greg Zipadelli back and he's gonna be the competition director @ SHR. Darian Grubb was released of duty after the Homestead race and Steve Addington has taken his place. Look out folks gonna be a good year for SHR and that #14 car
Old 01-14-12, 10:19 AM   #29
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETXbassassassin View Post
Bcklash Tony got Greg Zipadelli back and he's gonna be the competition director @ SHR. Darian Grubb was released of duty after the Homestead race and Steve Addington has taken his place. Look out folks gonna be a good year for SHR and that #14 car
Darian Grubb is a local boy so I hated that, but I understand. I see where Zippy is going to be working with Danica too. I wonder if he needs any help.
Old 01-14-12, 05:25 PM   #30
basshunter21
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cleveland Indians & Cleveland BROWNS!!
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 01:16 AM   #31
BassinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i laugh all the way to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY ROOM, where number 14 is on display. hahahaha!!!

as for your FADIERS comment adam, let's see if TODAYS players can play like they did then. i mean, yeah players are bigger, faster and stonger, but there is NO HEART anymore really. this is what i mean by todays pros aren't as good as yesteryears players.
how many of these guys can go out, drink and party all night on saturday night then come in with the biggest hangover and PLAY like they did then? i know it may sound and IS actually stupid, but you gotta admit...those guys were TOUGH.

as for your elway comment, sorry.....and i hate the colts with a passion, but johnny unitas was and will forever be the FEILD GENERAL of all time. HE called the plays, not the sidelines. elway was a great coach, montana was too. but they had how many coaches telling them what and where and who to throw to. not johnny u.all he had was hisself. the "feel" of the game. INSTINCT. there were others too. slinging sammy, that redskin feller, jerguson (spelling?) and many i can't remember the names right now.

and as of the buying of players...........come on man. really now. prove it first buddy. but if oyu want to hear FIRST hand of a college player who has enough money, look up the tight end (i think it is) from CLEMSON who in an after bowl game this year said he "had enough money already" that it wasn't a factor as to whether he would forgo his senior year or not. aikenyounggun posted it on his facebook page i think.
John the buying players comment was a joke hence the J/K at the end of it. J/K means just kidding . I am sure all schools do things that are not within the rules but hey who cares.

The Faiders in "your day" (yes that is a old man joke ) where a collection of dirty players who most couldn't play today. While I think there are a lot of players that played then could play now with the time these guys have to work out....but I will never give any faider that credit

Johnny U was a great player and I am not taking anything away from him but he didn't play in the time where great QB play was as necessary as it has been for the last 20 years or so. While he did call his own plays I doubt he could do it today given the different schemes run by defenses. While Johnny U may have been a better play caller, he was not a better QB. Sorry.
Old 01-16-12, 09:31 AM   #32
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i know oyu were joking adam, i jsut didn't want this to become a free for all ya know? sometimes we get a little bent outta shape over this sort of stuff. i just wanted to head it off before it got too far gone buddy.

and i agree with some of what you said about yesteryears players. but not on the qb. there was an interview given on espn, they had 3 of the yesteryears qb's on there. and the question came up as to whether they coudl play in todays game, joe namath was one of them, sammy baugh i think was another.....anyway, all 3 said YES, they could play and dominate in today's game. jsut repeating what what they said. n other words, they all said TALENT is talent no matter what era a player came from. johnny may not be able to call his own plays, but he would be a future hall of famer if he ws playing today.

again, jsut repeating what former pro players said.
Old 01-16-12, 10:40 PM   #33
BassinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i know oyu were joking adam, i jsut didn't want this to become a free for all ya know? sometimes we get a little bent outta shape over this sort of stuff. i just wanted to head it off before it got too far gone buddy.

and i agree with some of what you said about yesteryears players. but not on the qb. there was an interview given on espn, they had 3 of the yesteryears qb's on there. and the question came up as to whether they coudl play in todays game, joe namath was one of them, sammy baugh i think was another.....anyway, all 3 said YES, they could play and dominate in today's game. jsut repeating what what they said. n other words, they all said TALENT is talent no matter what era a player came from. johnny may not be able to call his own plays, but he would be a future hall of famer if he ws playing today.

again, jsut repeating what former pro players said.
Joe Namath couldn't even compete in his own day. He is probably the most overrated Hall of Famer in any sport. If he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame then so does Jake Plummer, Trent Dilfer, and Jim Mcmahon. All of their stats are just as good, 2 of the 3 have won superbowls. Namath made the Hall for one reason and one reason only, he was a cocky punk who guaranteed victory and his team pulled it out. He was overrated and still is. He is the only QB in the Hall who threw more INTs then TD passes in his career. He shouldn't be in the hall and Phil Simms not be but he is. Namath is also the only one on this list that doesn't have a winning record. So just to reiterate, Joe Namath couldn't not survive in the NFL today......I don't even think Namath would start in the NFL today.

Now Sammy Baugh on the other hand is probably tuffer then most players in the NFL now even in the years before he passed away. I don't know if could compete with the complex offense and defense for sure because he was just a few years before my time.
Old 01-17-12, 06:25 PM   #34
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hahahahaha adam.........ok man.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.