Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-12, 10:09 PM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Favorite sports team or person

Everyone of us knows about Johns love for Alabama football. My question is if you other guys is hyped over your favorite team like John is, and what team or person it is.

I was just as bad as John about Dale Earnhardt Sr. Man I loved watching that black 3 race. Growing up I was a Detroit Tigers and a L.A. Rams fan and still pull for both of those teams today. But watching that black 3 was my greatest thrill. Named his boat Sundays Money.There was even a bass boat named after him. Can somebody name this boat.

Ok lets hear about your passion for favorite.
Old 01-11-12, 10:48 PM   #2
kennethdaysale

1985 Gambler Intimidator
Fav athlete...Bjorn Borg...go ahead and laugh...but its true
Old 01-11-12, 11:10 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Minnesota Twins! Moved up to MN from IA right out of college in '87 and boom, the Twins won their first World Series that year, followed by another one in '91! I had the great fortune of attending all the home post-season games both years and have been a partial season ticketholder ever since. My wife and I both love baseball and treat as many of our nieces & nephews as we can to a game every year. The new Target Field is AWESOME, especially after all those years of dome-ball!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:13 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Bama and FSU for collage. And Dolphins and the Cowboys for NFL... and I freaking hate the Packers, lmao. Biggest big headed fans of ANY sport. lmao

As far as baseball... TB Rays are my home team, but I also like the red sox cause they hate the yankee's... my principal in elementary school loved em.. I didn't like the lady much, so I grew a hate for yanks. lol. Don't have a problem with a brewers either.

Favorite all time Athletes are Dan Mario, DeMarcus Ware for NFL, Mark Ingram (Alabama Version), and I'm really getting to like this AJ McCarron fella.

Last edited by Bassboss; 01-11-12 at 11:21 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:43 PM   #5
keithdog

Everyone who knows me knows my passion for Notre Dame when it comes to college teams. It started when I was a boy of about 9 and coach Ara Parseghian sent me a letter about scouts, which he was heavily involved with at the time, and an autgographed photo of himself. I wrote back and he returned my letter. That continued for a few years. He would send me team photos and so on. It was pretty cool. Looking back at it now, I realize how this guy who was the head coach of Notre Dame took the time to always respond to this little kid, who was me. I'll never forget what he did for me, and I'll be a fan till the day I die. As for baseball, I'm a Cardinals fan! I grew up in Cubs and White Sox country and never liked either one. How could I? They always sucked, hahaha. But I fell in love with the Redbirds watching guys like Bob Gibson, Joe Torre, Lou Brock, and so many others. Watching them pound knots on the Cubs heads was a blast. What made it even more fun was my dad was a Cubs fan. haha But in time I found him supporting the Cardinals too.
When it comes to the NFL, I'm a Rams fan. I started rooting for them back when they wore black and white in Los Angelos. Again, I was stuck growing up with another Chicago team as the local team to root for, and they sucked year after year too. I couldn't root for them either. But I really enjoyed watching Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Merlin Olson, Jack Youngblood, and soooo many more great Rams players beat the crap out of the Bears and many other teams. I've been a fan of the Rams ever since. I will root for the Colts as well being they are the team from Indiana. But my heart is with the Rams.
Old 01-11-12, 11:52 PM   #6
rrw4258

I'm like you lash, I was (and still am) a big Dale Sr. fan. He was, and will always be the man. I still remember the accident that took his life, and even though I was only 9 years old it still affected me.

NASCAR is still a big thing for me, and Jimmie Johnson has been my go to guy since about 2005. I like the way he carries himself, and his level of confidence is unmatched in his sport.

Ryan
Old 01-12-12, 07:21 AM   #7
nobass

college footbal pen state and jopa. nfl pittburg steelers. athlete lonny u. favorite person patton
Old 01-12-12, 10:06 AM   #8
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I follow Auburn University football thus the "AU" Fred.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 10:30 AM   #9
Crank-Bait-Frank
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I grew up in NE Iowa, and have always been a Hawkeye fan. St Louis cardnials are my baseball team, I remember sitting on the bank of the river catfishing with my grandpa and listening to the ball games on the transister radio, back in the 70's.
Old 01-12-12, 01:38 PM   #10
Gbassman

Favorite college team is the Volunteers, NFL is the Packers and favorite person is the one and only Bill Dance, we share the same birthday he just has a few years on me!!!!
Old 01-12-12, 01:51 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Pheidippides.
Old 01-12-12, 01:59 PM   #12
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Pheidippides.
Gesundheit.
Old 01-12-12, 06:54 PM   #13
Tavery5

Have alway been a big Boston Celtics fan, which can only lead to the obvious conclusion that Larry Bird is my favorite Athlete, followed closely by Pete Rose. There have been so many great athletes in the NFL, but I would say Barry Sanders, hometown boy, and Derrick Thomas are a couple of my favorites.
Old 01-12-12, 08:10 PM   #14
bassinbob

Gesundheit.
Missipboy you should be a comedian. My favorite was Roberto Clemente. Just seeing one of his throws from deep right field to the plate to put out a runner was unbelivable.
Old 01-12-12, 08:25 PM   #15
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Have alway been a big Boston Celtics fan, which can only lead to the obvious conclusion that Larry Bird is my favorite Athlete, followed closely by Pete Rose. There have been so many great athletes in the NFL, but I would say Barry Sanders, hometown boy, and Derrick Thomas are a couple of my favorites.
I'm a Celtics and Larry Bird fan also, I just don't like the NBA now. I loved watching Pete Rose play, should be in the HOF as a player.
Old 01-12-12, 10:50 PM   #16
Jrob78

I am a die hard Rangers, Cowboys and Mavericks fan. I am born and raised in Dallas, so that's where my allegiances lie.

I absolutely love watching Josh Hamilton play, the things that guy can do are amazing and he has overcome great obstacles to get back in the game. He is humble, honest, open and has turned his life over to Christ and honestly strives to be the very best person first and then ballplayer he can be.

I am a big fan of Michael Young and Demarcus Ware too. If I had to pick just one favorite though, it would be Dirk Nowitzki. Dirk is an amazing basketball player who stuck it out and won a championship after everyone said he wouldn't. He is so much fun to watch and a good dude. His skill set is one that no one else in the league has. He's got to be the best Euro to ever play in the NBA It's great to see him finally get the respect he deserves.
Old 01-12-12, 11:42 PM   #17
MIbasser

Michigan State for me, I bleed green. I was tired of all my friends being UofM fans and wanted to be something different. I ended up going to school there so it made it even better.

After that it would be the Detroit Tigers and Redwings and I would be a Lions fair weather fan. Just can't jump on that ship yet.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 11:58 PM   #18
bamabassman

well i wasn't asked to put MY favorites down but gonna do it ANYWAY RON!!!

college, yes the 14 time NATIONAL CHAMPION CRIMSON TIDE OF ALABAMA, favorite coach of course is the legnedar PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT.

now as for the pro football team. MIAMI DOLPHINS, favorite coach in pro football, DON SHULA, players, bob griese, larry zonka, mercury morris, you get the idea. ONLY UNDEFEATED PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF PRO FOOTBALL. although i did love the joe willy namath jets and the ken stabler raiders too. hate the steelers though, as well as the redskins. never liked them, never will.

PRO BASKETBALL, boston celtics, coach, RED, players john hondo, deedee, and so many more for those teams.

baseball......NEW YORK METS, perferably the 1969 MIRCLE METS. picher, TOM SEAVER AND NOLAN RYAN. remember them? cy young winners and all time HALL OF FAME guys.

so there are my other favorites. i don't follow the pros much anymore cause it ain't really good now. no team loyalty among ANY of the players in ANY of the feilds now. not football, baseball, basketball. jsut money hungry spoile brats IMO.

now saban is becoming a legend as we all watch. 3 national championships with 2 schools. can he pass the bear? maybe, if he stays long enough. i figure he will coach for about 10 more years so he could pass bears 6 crowns a the rate he is oging now. only time will tell.

and as for stock car racin.........well it ain't racing anymore to me. i am a DIE HARD RICHARD PETTY "THE KING" FAN. the object is to go 500 miles the fastest, how can oyu do that with all the crap they make you put on to slow the cars down? lower fatalitites? yes, it does. but it also makes for boring racing too. i say pull out the stops and RACE. you're taking oyu life in GOD'S hand to begin with. go for it all. only highlights they show in racing OR hocky is the crashes and winners, and in hocky it's the fights they highlight.
Old 01-13-12, 08:52 AM   #19
joedog

[QUOTE=Bassboss;366743]Bama and FSU for collage. And Dolphins and the Cowboys for NFL... and I freaking hate the Packers, lmao. Biggest big headed fans of ANY sport. lmao

Come graduation ' WE ARE SENDING YOU BACK SOUTH"

Wisconsin, Pretty Much Covers That!

If we could just get a hockey team
Old 01-13-12, 06:41 PM   #20
bamabassman

joe....don't you mean a fight club? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 01-14-12, 12:40 AM   #21
BassinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
well i wasn't asked to put MY favorites down but gonna do it ANYWAY RON!!!

college, yes the 14 time NATIONAL CHAMPION CRIMSON TIDE OF ALABAMA, favorite coach of course is the legnedar PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT.

now as for the pro football team. MIAMI DOLPHINS, favorite coach in pro football, DON SHULA, players, bob griese, larry zonka, mercury morris, you get the idea. ONLY UNDEFEATED PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF PRO FOOTBALL. although i did love the joe willy namath jets and the ken stabler raiders too. hate the steelers though, as well as the redskins. never liked them, never will.
Poor John, Ken Stabler and the Faiders..... how sad.....No matter what the Faiders ever do.....THEY WILL ALWAYS SUCK!!!!.

Now my favorite team is My beloved Denver Broncos (hence the reason for the faiders comment), and no Tim Tebow is not my favorite player at all. I worry that he will end up setting the team back a few years....but I do hope I am wrong. IMO John Elway will always be the greatest NFL QB in history. While Montana and Unitas are up there but they aren't what Elway was but thats just my opinion and I am sure somebody might have something say in disagreeance (Yeah I don't think thats a word either)

P.S. Maybe in the future Tennessee will be able to afford those great players Alabama gets J/K
Old 01-14-12, 12:49 AM   #22
kennethdaysale

Hey did yall hear about the big scandal at Alabama this week????
Two of the starting O Lineman were caught in the Library studying!!!!
Old 01-14-12, 01:39 AM   #23
bamabassman

i laugh all the way to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY ROOM, where number 14 is on display. hahahaha!!!

as for your FADIERS comment adam, let's see if TODAYS players can play like they did then. i mean, yeah players are bigger, faster and stonger, but there is NO HEART anymore really. this is what i mean by todays pros aren't as good as yesteryears players.
how many of these guys can go out, drink and party all night on saturday night then come in with the biggest hangover and PLAY like they did then? i know it may sound and IS actually stupid, but you gotta admit...those guys were TOUGH.

as for your elway comment, sorry.....and i hate the colts with a passion, but johnny unitas was and will forever be the FEILD GENERAL of all time. HE called the plays, not the sidelines. elway was a great coach, montana was too. but they had how many coaches telling them what and where and who to throw to. not johnny u.all he had was hisself. the "feel" of the game. INSTINCT. there were others too. slinging sammy, that redskin feller, jerguson (spelling?) and many i can't remember the names right now.

and as of the buying of players...........come on man. really now. prove it first buddy. but if oyu want to hear FIRST hand of a college player who has enough money, look up the tight end (i think it is) from CLEMSON who in an after bowl game this year said he "had enough money already" that it wasn't a factor as to whether he would forgo his senior year or not. aikenyounggun posted it on his facebook page i think.

and kenneth...........lol. yeah, we got some SMART guys at ALABAMA. look it up. trent needs jsut a few more hours to get his degree. last years qb was almost a rhodes scholar. among several other players. barret jones already graduated and is returning for his senior year, he is a 2 time ALL-AMERICAN by the way.

now let's not get into this mud slinging thing on this ok? you'll make me have to get some real dirt on how many of some of YOUR teams players are or were in real trouble with the law and so forth.

in other words, play nice. later.....................
Old 01-14-12, 01:43 AM   #24
ETXbassassassin
BassFishin.Com Member

S T E W A R T ! ! ! I'm a die hard Tony Stewart fan. I don't miss a /////NASCAR race ever! Twice a year you'll find me at Texas Motor Speedway pulling for that #14. He won the fall race @ Texas and I got to witness greatness. I think what Dale Sr. did best is improve the safety of the race cars. "The Intimidator" was just that; he'd put someone in the fence to win a race. I'd be intimidated too, there where no HAANS devices, safer barriers, or energy absorbing foam in the sides of cars then. Rubbin' is racing, but destroying a machine at those speeds is DEADLY (apparently). Hookem' Horns!!!!! Burnt orange is my color and if you pass by a lake in ETX and see a burnt orange cap chances are it's mee. Please don't choot either I'll be busy and rather not be disturbed. Just choot me a text or leave a voicemail and I'll get back to asap.
Old 01-14-12, 02:47 AM   #25
Backwater Charlie

Favorite college team: University of Kentucky!!
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Chargers
MLB: Braves

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.