Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-06, 11:40 PM   #1
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Bassnman30

I was just browsing the internet and got on this site and started looking through some topics and saw that you were from lexington. I live in thomasville. I was just wondering what lakes you like to fish and if you've had any experience with High Rock.

Im pretty much new to the sport, havent been at it long but i love it and im addicted.
Fishin49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-06, 04:55 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

9er
i live 20 miles south of you..

i plan on being on highrock this weekend..

zooker
Old 09-27-06, 09:49 AM   #3
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Sweet, i know exactly where denton is. Been there quite a few times. I was asking about High Rock because i was wondering if i could get some input on what you've had luck with on that lake?
Old 09-27-06, 10:06 AM   #4
JB

Check out the fishing reports on this forums catagories, there are several references to high rock from zooker, it may help ya!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-06, 10:18 AM   #5
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Alright, will do. Thanks JB
Old 09-27-06, 07:53 PM   #6
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Smile Highrock lake

Highrock lake fluctuates as rain falls up north. They pull water during the week and normally stop on weekends, the water may rise a little on weekends.First thing in the morn, I may try a buzzbait, or a Pop-R in water no more than 6' deep.If the wind blows then a spinnerbait might catch 'em.I use a white skirt w/chrome blades #4 willow leaf. Gold blades may do better in muddy conditions. These baits work well in shallow water.Don't forget crankbaits. Color's that I use are hot mustard,shad,bream, and crawfish. You may wish to use cranks that go no deeper than 12'.Granted, bigger bass may go deeper in the hot summer.I sometimes use a fat free shad in the #6 or a Bomber green craw 6A and they go to 8'-12' deep.Lippless cranks have caught there share, I would try Chrome with a black back or blue back. In spring I like red.There are alot of resident fish that stay shallow basically year round. Dont forget about these.As far as worms go , I think that any worm in a dark color may be best i.e.Red shad,motor oil etc..10 baits may do good in the summer.Twitch baits may be good if the fish are shallow or suspending.Bass may hold close to rocks,stumps,drop off's, creek channels etc..there is very little grass on this lake. I hope this answers some of the info that you requested, right back if you need further information. Thanks, bassnman30

Last edited by bassnman30; 09-27-06 at 08:03 PM.
bassnman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-06, 09:38 PM   #7
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the input. I got the chance to go out, with my uncle, on High Rock, next saturday. I was just wondering what might work, ill definitely put your advice to use.
Old 09-28-06, 04:52 AM   #8
zooker

the bass bite is a bit tough right now.. but most fish i have caught -last weekend being the exception- were on a crankbait. check my high rock reports as to what colors..

zooker
Old 09-28-06, 03:53 PM   #9
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Zooker, what do you think about using a jerkbait, X-rap to be exact. Would that be similar to using your crankbait.
Old 09-28-06, 05:17 PM   #10
zooker

hmmmmm............. dam the light just went on... use the silver one or the glass ghost color. i do have a blue backed chatruses one..

yes the x-rap worked along rip rap should work for bass.. imo work hwy 8 -like ya don't know where this is- then out side abbotts creek left side about 1/4-1/2 mile or so there is a cove that has the railroad tracks covered in rip rap -this is at the clear lake culverts- try it in the BACK of sail boat creek-skipjack harbor- upstream from the mouth of abbots about a 1/2 mile.. can't miss the quad cans..-buoys-

i just checked alcoa web site -the guys in control of the dam- according to there web site high rock is down 1 foot below full pond. forcasted to get lowered in the next 24 hours.. odds are it JUST might be round 651 or 652 by saturday. 652 i can get under the bridges -have to remove the casting seat-

zooker
Old 09-28-06, 08:36 PM   #11
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Ill have to try out those spots.

I have the one with a silver belly and blue back. One last question, what color plasctics do you find works best on High Rock?

Thanks for all the advice, it was alot of help.
Old 09-29-06, 03:15 PM   #12
zooker

JUNE BUG!!!! green pumkin and watermelon seed...

zooker
Old 09-29-06, 04:58 PM   #13
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Alright, Thanks it was a huge help

Ill definitely put your advice to use next saturday
Old 09-29-06, 06:48 PM   #14
bassnman30

Caught 8 yest.(29 Sept) 5 were good keepers.The other 3 were 13 1/2 ". Most fish on a rattle-trap type bait. One fish on a sweet beaver. The fish were/are shallow, the depth finder was showing 2'-3' deep.
All fish came fron one small area.
Old 09-29-06, 07:00 PM   #15
JB

bassman30,
I'm heading out tomorrow, its supposed to rain but an going with the same pattern you described, its working here to, the water temp is 68-70 and dropping , with nights hitting 40 degrees for a few nights, and only 50 the other nights..
I wish the popR bite would turn on, I know the jerkbaits and traps are hot right now, and for some reason I caught more on chasing baits rather than flipping last week, that could change tho...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 01:12 PM   #16
bassnman30

Went yest. (30 Sept.) and it was tough. Granted, I didn't fish the same water, in fact I was searching "new" water. I am leaving my good areas for our next tournament. I hope that the fish will stay.
These particular area are in fact "new" water that I've recently found. They don't appear to be "community" holes.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.