Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-24-09, 07:54 PM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 5-24-09 outing/pics

Well it's been a while since i been bassing (first fish of 09 were trout, then catfish, then bluegills) but I finally went bassing. I hit Turkey Swamp Park's lake, which is pretty nice if anybody lives in the central NJ area. Fishing started off slow, but then we got into this nice little cove-like area and it was on. I was fishing with a wacky rigged bearpaw hippie stick (senko type thing, I just love these) slathered in Crossbow's Hawg Sauce, fished the way that I had learned off Mac's post a few years ago... still my favorite technique ever, i pretty much always start out with this rig. Anyhow, that was fished on a Mustad offset red hook with 8 lb Cajun Redcast. Rod: St. Croix Avid Medium, 6'6 Reel: Agu Garcia Cardinal 103 (love these reels too. Think I may get a third one). Caught 4 fish (including a crappie) and lost 3, which really shouldn't be happening... Had a sharp hook and all, just lost one on a jump and some massive fish i let slack because I thought it was a rock or something, then it started moving any my line was already slacked up...
Regardless, here are the day's pics

there's the first one... most of the fish i caught today were small, but hey, better than the skunk. still kicking myself for letting my line go slack on the big one

2nd fish was a crappie... I'm surprised, I didn't know they hit senkos...

There's number 3

and the last, also the smallest
Old 05-24-09, 08:38 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well cranky ol pal, at least you got out and caught some right? the little dinks "think" they are 12 pounders sometimes,lol. it is raining cats and dogs here. hopefully it will stop by the morning. i just hate it when on a long weekend it rains too much and wind is too hard to fish. congrats on yer outing bud.
Old 05-24-09, 08:42 PM   #3
cassidyta

I never speak bad of anyone catching dinks. Heck, it beats a lot of days I have had on the water. Congrats on getting a chance to hit the water
Old 05-24-09, 08:44 PM   #4
bamabassman

hey cass, ask anyone at the event.....that is ALL i ever catch, hahahahhaa. but like i always say, at least i AM catching em. ain't no shame here either. just love to catch bass. watch em jump and fight. a WHOLE LOTTA FUN.
Old 05-24-09, 09:54 PM   #5
crankybait

yeah definately, at this point I was glad to be out on the water. I would have been more than happy to just catch that one first fish and nothing else... any day fishing is better than any other type of day. And bama, sorry about the rain... You'll have to make up the time lost as soon as it passes over.
Old 05-25-09, 11:33 AM   #6
Jim80

nice cranky hey a dink is still a fish man the time on the water is what counts right

Jim
Old 05-27-09, 10:26 AM   #7
JB

cranky nice to seeya posting pics again, did ya get new grills or just those dern ol' braces?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 05:53 PM   #8
crankybait

yeah im just glad to be catching something at all... have a huuge fishing streak planned out starting next weekend hopefully. and yeah JB, those are those torturous metal devices known as braces... leave it to orthodontists to find 39572359834753 problems that really dont matter and delay the removal
Old 05-27-09, 06:05 PM   #9
mariner
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait View Post
yeah im just glad to be catching something at all... have a huuge fishing streak planned out starting next weekend hopefully. and yeah JB, those are those torturous metal devices known as braces... leave it to orthodontists to find 39572359834753 problems that really dont matter and delay the removal
good luck with the fishing and the braces
i had the dadblame things, but i got them off back in august

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.