Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 04-02-12, 11:45 AM   #1
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Alabama trip, 3-31-12

Man, we had a great trip. John and Lisa are the best hosts anyone could ask for. He took off work on Friday so he would have time to smoke a pork shoulder and a yard bird for us. I ate so much this weekend, I can pretty much guarantee I gained 2-3 pounds.
Lisa's parents live right next to them, and they own 2 horses, Shay and Diamond. My little girl Caitlyn loves horses, and for about a week ahead of time, she would randomly look up at either me or Louann and say in her little 2 year old voice, "We gon' go see Papa John and Aunt Lisa. I gon' go ride horses!"
So she did....Louann and Lisa took her over there Saturday while John and I were out fishing (more on that in a minute), then all of us went back Sunday morning and took some good pictures of her on Shay's back. I haven't downloaded those off the camera yet, but they're coming.

Now, the fishing. There was a big tournament out of Goosepond that supposedly had 1,000 boats entered, so we knew the lake would be busy. Louann and I got to John's house at almost midnight Friday night, and John and I left the house at about 3:15 headed to the lake. We put in at maybe 4:30-4:45 to avoid the rush. Good thing, too, because the parking lot started stacking up by 5:15....one truck after another after another. Even with all those boats, G'ville is big enough that we never really felt crowded. We couldn't quite go wherever we wanted, but we never had to fire a crankbait as a warning shot over anybody's bow or anything.
I started off throwing a Ragetail frog through the grass, and got a good blowup after about half an hour or so. A small bass, maybe 1-2 pounds, came a good foot up out of the water when he hit that frog. Here's the result:

Not a good way to start the morning.

A little while later, another one blew up on the frog and took it under. I waited a good 2-3 seconds, set the hook, and the frog came flying back at me without its legs.
That was the only action we had for a loooong time....we threw everything everywhere. We fished the bridge pilings, more grass, shallow laydowns, a steep drop off at the river channel, some good looking spawning flats....nothing. Nada....Zip. I had one "tap tap tap" on a Paca Craw probably around 1-2 p.m., but he never committed. Then finally at about 2:30, I got one on a T-rigged Senko. He was a monster...

I pushed him as far out towards the camera as I could, but I don't think that was quite far enough. He wasn't much longer than the Senko....

We gave up soon after that. At least I wasn't skunked....I guess.

Of course, I believe part of the problem is that my guide bailed on me for about 2 hours.

Man, I can't believe that guy. Left me to my own devices on a lake I've been to ONCE, 4 years ago. Geez....some people....
Old 04-02-12, 12:57 PM   #2
bassboogieman

Aw man, that rod - what a shame, on a dink no less? That hurts, I hate seeing a rod break like that. But you had a good time, I bet 'bama is still catching dinks - even in his dreams. Knew you would have a good time in the company of John & Lisa, no other result is possible when with those two!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:08 PM   #3
MIbasser

Glad you had a great time. Looks like John could have used a 5 hour energy drink!!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:24 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Thanks for the update, Daniel. I think the fish-catching problem is fairly obvious. It's those goofy caps you're both wearing.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 05:02 PM   #5
bcklash

Thanks for sharing Daniel. Glad ya'll had a great trip. But i don't know what's funnier you catching Johns fish or your guide napping.

The picture of John sleeping is priceless. I would love to see some pictures of Caitlyn riding the horses.
Old 04-02-12, 05:07 PM   #6
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
The picture of John sleeping is priceless. I would love to see some pictures of Caitlyn riding the horses.
Check back here later...I'll load them onto the computer tonight so Bryce and Anthony can critique my composition.
Old 04-02-12, 06:52 PM   #7
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Check back here later...I'll load them onto the computer tonight so Bryce and Anthony can critique my composition.

Ooooh, can't wait.

Dayum, son...(my best John impression)...that rod break just makes me sick to see. Still, looks like you had a pretty great time, so none's the worse (except the rod of course ).
Old 04-02-12, 06:58 PM   #8
bcklash

Is Bama sleeping or picking his nose?
Old 04-02-12, 08:19 PM   #9
nobass

glad to hear you both had good time . even if the fishing was not all that great
Old 04-02-12, 09:30 PM   #10
bamabassman

well folks, as ya'll can see the fishing SUCKED once agian. seems like me and the mudfella just can't BUY a break. we saw ALL kinds of bass guarding beds or patroling aorund beds. didn't think they woud spawn THIS early. but they are. spring has come bout a month early this year. and like daniel said we slung most everything we had. EXCEPT the A-rig. watched everybody else slinging it.....and not getting nuthin but a wore out arm or 2. one of these days we gonna hit it at the right time and the right place............one day. we ain't giving in, no way no how.

as for caitlyn......what can i say. this little princess is jsut a DOLL and she has stolen our hearts. it was so hard watching her drive off when all the while they were packing up to leave she kept asking me if i was ready to go with them. i dang near cried for real. she was wound up the entire time she ws here,lol. watching the horses, riding the john deere mule and playing out in the yard and in the house with me and lisa. lisa and i had a BALL.

i am so glad they had a good time and look FORWARD to the next visit. maybe we can catch something on calling panther daniel?

daniel is correct, i took a couple hrs nap. told hm to take the front and go anywhere he wanted to go. how many folks would do that for someone ? told hm to use my rig as if it was his.

got the new-to-me antenna hooked up on my lms 240.........SWEEEETTTTT!!! waiting on a map card this week. gonna be AWESUM. thanks daniel for helping me to learn how to use it buddy. and yes bruce i went to another site to get it. had to brother.lol!!

so.......to end this part on this weekend..........i loved the time with some of the greatest friends we have. i tell you gang, said it before too, i have NEVER met anyone in perosn from this site that i wouldn't want to have over for a weekend. the people here are FAMILY to lisa and i. we love each and everyone of oyu. yes bruce..even oyu and docirv, hahahaha!! if any of oyu want to come for a visit.....just give me a shout and we'll work out a time.

now i've got to start palnning OUR trip to the mud state. maybe in the fall? whatcha think daniel? we got all summer to plan it. maybe work out a time when ol bubba is in the states too. we'll think on it ok?
Old 04-02-12, 09:33 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

Glad you all had a great time. Hey John, just imagine how many dinks you could catch if you would stay awake all day LOL.
Old 04-02-12, 09:35 PM   #12
bamabassman

kory.........when are you guys coming? you KNOW we gotta see lake. maybe when we go to mississippi oyu guys can go too?

as for the dinks..........i would have LOVED to catch just ONE that day. i didn't even get a NIBBLE. lol!!!
Old 04-02-12, 10:13 PM   #13
MississippiBoy

As promised, here's a few pictures from the weekend. Mostly of Caitlyn, since she's the cutest thing I've personally ever seen.

Sitting on Shay, with Mama close by:

Bryce, feel free to critique this one....I thought it was kinda cool, even though it's way blown out. I forgot I had the aperature set wide open...

Caitlyn and Shay saying hello again.

Caitlyn and Diamond

The horses that evening.

Just to prove that I was actually there...

There's a few more pics in my album on Photobucket. Poke around and look, if you like. http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...rip%203-31-12/
Old 04-02-12, 10:17 PM   #14
MississippiBoy

Oh, and if anybody ever needs anything, I've got some great blackmail pics of John I can share with you. Let's just say they involve Mardi Gras beads, dancing, and females....
Old 04-02-12, 10:28 PM   #15
bassboogieman

So did John have to show everyone his pink frog* to get a string of beads?

*I have to give credit to "lilmule" for the pink frog (it was not entirely my idea)
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 10:48 PM   #16
bamabassman

hahaha, og ahead an post those pics daniel. i got nothing to hide. i'd do ANYTHING for that little girl. yes even if it meant wearing a pink tutu. hahaha!!!
Old 04-03-12, 06:52 AM   #17
keithdog

Really nice phtotos Daniel. She is a cutie for sure! The fishing may not have been what you guys hoped for but it sure looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend together. Thats what it's all about!
Old 04-03-12, 09:06 AM   #18
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

glad yall, had fun, what is with girls and horses no matter the age, the ladies love horses.. lol
Old 04-03-12, 09:49 AM   #19
Bassboss

Yup, looks like g-ville's living up the it's ol reputation! lol

Really looks like yall had some fun, Caitlyn really looks like she enjoyed them horses.
Old 04-03-12, 05:07 PM   #20
bcklash

Great pictures Daniel. Sounds like ya'll had a great time, and the pictures prove it.
Old 04-03-12, 07:08 PM   #21
woody

It looks like you guys had the perfect weekend.

Sorry the fish weren't biting.

Like you said John, you'll get 'em next time!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 08:57 PM   #22
BlueDaksi
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Looks like a fun time!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.